Windows 10: Unlinking or Removing Devices

Discus and support Unlinking or Removing Devices in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I want to unlink and remove a device from my account will it delete all of the myphone logs along with it or do I need to log on to that device... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by titanballer3096, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Unlinking or Removing Devices

If I want to unlink and remove a device from my account will it delete all of the myphone logs along with it or do I need to log on to that device after removing it and delete all previous calls and messages if I don't want them to show up on the removed device any longer?

:)

titanballer3096, Jul 28, 2020

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 28, 2020
  3. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Unlinking or Removing Devices

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Unlinking or Removing Devices

1. Unlinking or Removing Devices - Similar Threads - Unlinking Removing Devices

2. How do I unlink or remove these?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I unlink or remove these?: [ATTACH] A while back, I signed into my personal OneDrive on my PC but since then I have on linked and remove the account but this is still showing up on my windows explorer, and there is no option to remove it or delete it. Is there a way to remove these? submitted by...
  3. CANNOT unlink a device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CANNOT unlink a device: I previously synced OneDrive with a work computer. I removed the device from my Microsoft account but didn't realize I had to unkin from the computer itself as well until I was just saving just work folders in that computer. I saw some stuff I worked elsewhere had synced and...
  4. CANNOT unlink a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT unlink a device: I previously synced OneDrive with a work computer. I removed the device from my Microsoft account but didn't realize I had to unkin from the computer itself as well until I was just saving just work folders in that computer. I saw some stuff I worked elsewhere had synced and...
  5. CANNOT unlink a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unlinking a Removed Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unlinking a Removed Device: I have removed a device from my Microsoft account. I experienced no subsequent action to Unlink the Removed device, which I would very much like to do. Do I resurrect the Microsoft connection to the device, then somehow Unlink? If so, how would I locate it? Is there another...
  7. remove then unlink device from microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    remove then unlink device from microsoft account: the instructions say to 1st remove the device from the account i'm gifing this computer and it's copy of windows 10 so i removed the device - no problem the instructions then say to "unlink" the device giving the same web address as the previous instructions but now, of...
  8. Cant unlink devices

Cant unlink devices: recently I cant unlink any devices from my account it always says "We can’t unlink this PC right now" is there any solution?? i have got this problem for days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unlink-devices/fe0f72c5-ba80-403b-a73d-d37f070b5fab
  9. Microsoft Store Unlinking Devices

Microsoft Store Unlinking Devices: Hi! A few months back, I gave my friend the password to my account so they could download a game that costs money for free. I was wondering if when I unlink their device from my Microsoft account, would the app that they downloaded from my account be deleted? I want to prank...
  10. How to unlink devices?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to unlink devices?: I had a live chat session with MS Customer Care, and I had to insert various times my MS account password. So, for safety, I changed my password, but on my Windows Phone is still linked with old password. Even email still works on phone *Huh Any way to unlink devices?...