Windows 10: Unlinking outlook.com from Windows 10 login

Discus and support Unlinking outlook.com from Windows 10 login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All. When Windows 10 upgrade last week asked if I wanted to link my login to an outlook.com account, I blindly and stupidly clicked yes and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rach&, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Rach& Win User

Unlinking outlook.com from Windows 10 login

Hi All. When Windows 10 upgrade last week asked if I wanted to link my login to an outlook.com account, I blindly and stupidly clicked yes and now I cannot undo it. I have read the other threads about this. I opted for a pin to use with a brand new outlook account (set up at the time of the upgrade) and not to use a password. When I follow the instructions from the other threads to unlink the outlook account, it asks for a password and will not accept the pin. Also, as I am not using this outlook.com account for e-mail (because I have an existing hotmail account which I use), I do not have any security information entered against the outlook.com account to be verified so I keep getting the error message that the information I submitted for validating the account ownership was not sufficient to get the password reset. I tried rolling back the Windows update but this did not undo the process. Do I have to wipe my entire pc to get this outlook.com account unlinked from my login? It seems like having to take a sledgehammer to a walnut. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

:)

Rach&, Aug 27, 2019

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 27, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Unlinking outlook.com from Windows 10 login - Similar Threads - Unlinking outlook com

2. unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account: I would like to unlink a windows account from a Microsoft account. In the user account, there is no option to sign in a local account. Not sure why that user account does not have that option. Others do. It simply is not there. The computer already has a local account. I...
  3. unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account: I would like to unlink a windows account from a Microsoft account. In the user account, there is no option to sign in a local account. Not sure why that user account does not have that option. Others do. It simply is not there. The computer already has a local account. I...
  4. unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. disable windows 10 login password and unlink account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    disable windows 10 login password and unlink account: hello, I'm on windows 10 pro build 1909, i just restarted my computer and was unable to us my actual user account's login password and was forced to login to my windows account, and I want to disable this completely and have tried all normal methods for disabling passwords...
  6. Unlink microsoft from Windows 10 on my laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unlink microsoft from Windows 10 on my laptop: Hi, Hoping someone can help me! I recently loaded Windows 10 on my laptop. I never signed into my Microsoft hotmail account, however, I've been having trouble setting permissions on my daughter's account which is Microsoft hotmail too. When in the family section, I logged...
  7. Outlook,com settings out of date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook,com settings out of date: Why is this still happening more than five years after the first identification of the problem. My personal view is that Windows 10 is a disaster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlookcom-settings-out-of-date/7a00d06d-59d9-431a-b508-24f7730c1de3
  8. Windows 10 Outlook login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Outlook login: Hi When I type in outlook.com no matter what browser I am using it automatically logs in to outlook. It does not prompt a login screen asking for used id and password. What do I need to do to fix this so it prompts for used id and password? Thanks so much for you...
  9. There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019: Hello, I just purchased a stand alone Outlook 2019 from the Microsoft store primarily for Skype meeting invites but I have no access to Skype through out look at all. I have tried to enable the Skype Meeting Add-in following the steps here:...
  10. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unlink outlook from windows password

2. how do i unlink my microsoft account