Windows 10: Unlinking windows 10 from microsoft account, and linking to different microsoft account

Discus and support Unlinking windows 10 from microsoft account, and linking to different microsoft account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two microsoft accounts. With one 'a', I have an office 365 subscription that expired in 2017. With the other 'b', I have an active Office 365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Emily Moore, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Unlinking windows 10 from microsoft account, and linking to different microsoft account

I have two microsoft accounts. With one 'a', I have an office 365 subscription that expired in 2017. With the other 'b', I have an active Office 365 subscription. My computer is currently linked to my 'a' account - and I would like to logout of this microsoft account, and log back in with my 'b' account - to make use of my One Drive. I am worried that in doing so I will mess things up - can you see there being any problems with this?

Many thanks,

Emily

:)

Emily Moore, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Link or Unlink OneDrive with Microsoft Account in Windows 10

One question Shawn...
    Now that my OneDrive folder and subfolders are moved and setup to the 2nd internal disk,

Unlinking windows 10 from microsoft account, and linking to different microsoft account [​IMG]

can I delete the whole folder on my C: drive in my User folder on the C: drive? Or should I leave well enough alone?

Unlinking windows 10 from microsoft account, and linking to different microsoft account [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Linking Skype Account with a different Microsoft

Since Skype accounts cannot be unlinked from Microsoft accounts right now, is it possible for me to link my Skype account to a different Microsoft?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

KatiePanopoulos, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Unlinking windows 10 from microsoft account, and linking to different microsoft account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Unlinking windows 10 from microsoft account, and linking to different microsoft account :(

Zakin, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Unlinking windows 10 from microsoft account, and linking to different microsoft account

1. Unlinking windows 10 from microsoft account, and linking to different microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unlinking microsoft account

2. How to unlink my Windows license from my Microsoft account and link to a different account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlink my Windows license from my Microsoft account and link to a different account?: Im buying a new pc and I want to give my cousin my current pc that has a digital windows licence on it that is linked to my MS account. How do I unlink my account so that he can connect his own account to that license and I will be able to link mine to a new license on a new...
  3. How to unlink my Windows license from my Microsoft account and link to a different account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to unlink my Windows license from my Microsoft account and link to a different account?: Im buying a new pc and I want to give my cousin my current pc that has a digital windows licence on it that is linked to my MS account. How do I unlink my account so that he can connect his own account to that license and I will be able to link mine to a new license on a new...
  4. How to unlink my Windows license from my Microsoft account and link to a different account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account: I would like to unlink a windows account from a Microsoft account. In the user account, there is no option to sign in a local account. Not sure why that user account does not have that option. Others do. It simply is not there. The computer already has a local account. I...
  6. unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account: I would like to unlink a windows account from a Microsoft account. In the user account, there is no option to sign in a local account. Not sure why that user account does not have that option. Others do. It simply is not there. The computer already has a local account. I...
  7. unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. unlink the Administrator Windows 10 account from a Microsoft account

unlink the Administrator Windows 10 account from a Microsoft account: I do *NOT* want to delete my Administrator account I do *NOT* want to delete any user account I do *NOT* want to disable my Administrator account I do *NOT* want to change the password for my Administrator account Now, let me explain the problem. From my Google searches,...
  9. Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account

Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account: I have been using my computer without a linked Microsoft account on the main local account (this one has different settings compared to any other accounts I create) and I recently signed into a Microsoft app (specifically the Xbox app) to be able to use the game bar. This...
  10. Unlink Microsoft account

Unlink Microsoft account: So I accidentally signed in to my Microsoft account on a computer and it got linked to the local account I was on. How do I unlink my Microsoft account while keeping the local account intact? The computer is using Windows 10, and I don’t think there are backups. I need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. link different microsoft account to computer

2. linking microsoft accounts in 1903

3. unlinking a microsoft account from a local user account on windows 10