Windows 10: Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account

Discus and support Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I logged a Microsoft Account into Windows 10 for the first time and it automatically linked my account (this email I'm posting with) to my Windows key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IllustrisInteractive, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account

I logged a Microsoft Account into Windows 10 for the first time and it automatically linked my account (this email I'm posting with) to my Windows key. The problem is I'm using Windows 10 Education from my university and I want to link my Win10 to that email instead. Is there a way to do this? If not, how do I change which account I sync my PC to?

:)

IllustrisInteractive, Mar 27, 2019

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Mar 27, 2019
  3. How do I unlink my Microsoft Account from Local Accunt?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

• What do you mean when you say "How do I unlink my Microsoft account from Local account in Windows 10?
      " ?
    Microsoft account and local account are two different things.

I would suggest you to create another local account and check.

• Press windows key + X key and select Control panel.
    • In Control panel select User Account.
    • In user Account Click on Manage another account.
    • Click on Add a new user in PC settings.
    • Click Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click on The person I want add doesn't have an email address.
    Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account

Link or Unlink OneDrive with Microsoft Account in Windows 10

One question Shawn...
    Now that my OneDrive folder and subfolders are moved and setup to the 2nd internal disk,

Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account [​IMG]

can I delete the whole folder on my C: drive in my User folder on the C: drive? Or should I leave well enough alone?

Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account [​IMG]

Cliff S, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account

1. Unlinking Windows Key on Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Unlinking Key Microsoft

2. unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account: I would like to unlink a windows account from a Microsoft account. In the user account, there is no option to sign in a local account. Not sure why that user account does not have that option. Others do. It simply is not there. The computer already has a local account. I...
  3. unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    unlink a windows 10 from microsoft account: I would like to unlink a windows account from a Microsoft account. In the user account, there is no option to sign in a local account. Not sure why that user account does not have that option. Others do. It simply is not there. The computer already has a local account. I...
  4. windows key unlink

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows key unlink: hey, im building my own pc, i already have a pc i got from my friend and i want to take windows 10 off it, at the moment his account is linked to the activation key so i can't remove the key from that pc without his account stay as the administrator on the other pc. how can i...
  5. how to unlink windows activation key from a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to unlink windows activation key from a microsoft account: My microsoft is currently linked to 2 windows activation keys and I want to unlink one of them as I want to change my windows ssd. What shall I do to unlink the one of the windows activation key from my microsoft account?...
  6. Unlink Microsoft work account

Unlink Microsoft work account: How can I unlink my Microsoft work account? If I go to Settings > Email & accounts, under "Accounts used by other apps" I see my work account. The only option I see with this account is "Manage". I don't see a delete option. And when I select "Manage" it takes me to my...
  7. Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account

Unlink Microsoft Account from Local Account: I have been using my computer without a linked Microsoft account on the main local account (this one has different settings compared to any other accounts I create) and I recently signed into a Microsoft app (specifically the Xbox app) to be able to use the game bar. This...
  8. Unlink Microsoft account

Unlink Microsoft account: So I accidentally signed in to my Microsoft account on a computer and it got linked to the local account I was on. How do I unlink my Microsoft account while keeping the local account intact? The computer is using Windows 10, and I don’t think there are backups. I need...
  9. How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to unlink a product key from the Microsoft account: Hi folks, I have bought a PC that came without an OS and a copy of Windows license separately. At some point I have read that to help ease activation process when changing hardware and reinstalling it is preferable to link a product key to the Microsoft account, and so I...
  10. HOW TO UNLINK MICROSOFT ACCOUNT??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    HOW TO UNLINK MICROSOFT ACCOUNT??: I was trying to fix something with my pc game and I went in to the xbox app and signed in on my computer for the first time. it then said it would link this to my whole computer and because this was my old xbox account it was family restricted. now I cant do anything and my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unlink windows 10 cd key from email

2. unlinking windows from microsoft account

3. unlink windows key to desktop

4. how to unlink win key from microsoft account