Windows 10: Unlock Administrator Account Win 10

Discus and support Unlock Administrator Account Win 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I unlock an administrator account on Win 10? I purchased the computer from my daughter and she nor my granddaughter remember the passwords. My... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JenWoo90, Mar 18, 2020.

1. JenWoo90 Win User

Unlock Administrator Account Win 10

How do I unlock an administrator account on Win 10? I purchased the computer from my daughter and she nor my granddaughter remember the passwords. My daughter was the first owner but she allowed her daughter to use it and my granddaughter name appears on the startup screen requesting a password to be entered but she claims she does not recall it. I have tried the F8 feature to enter a safe mode but I am unable go beyond that point.

I am quite frustrated with trying to reboot and reset the password...it is not working.

Thank your for your assistance in advance.

JenWoo

:)

JenWoo90, Mar 18, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Unlock Administrator Account Win 10 :(

Zakin, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Unlock Administrator Account Win 10 - Similar Threads - Unlock Administrator Account

2. How to unlock administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock administrator account: Dear team,My 12 years son changed PC name and ask to lock device mistakenly, i can't loose my data so please help me to recover my administrator account....
  3. How to unlock administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock administrator account: Dear team,My 12 years son changed PC name and ask to lock device mistakenly, i can't loose my data so please help me to recover my administrator account....
  4. Built-In Administrator account wont stay unlocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Administrator account wont stay unlocked: Hello,I'm hoping someone can provide some guidance. Our domain controller's built-in administrator account was suddenly locked earlier today. Unlocking the account from AD Users and Computers and the cmd line works for about a second, and then the account is suddenly locked...
  5. Built-In Administrator account wont stay unlocked

Built-In Administrator account wont stay unlocked: Hello,I'm hoping someone can provide some guidance. Our domain controller's built-in administrator account was suddenly locked earlier today. Unlocking the account from AD Users and Computers and the cmd line works for about a second, and then the account is suddenly locked...
  6. Is there anyway to unlock an administrator account and the C: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to unlock an administrator account and the C: drive?: I got a used pc that has an administrator account I can’t unlock and the C: drive is also locked due to this. Is there anyway to get these both unlocked? Or if the hard drive is replaced will it unlock the C: drive as well if it’s embedded in the OS?...
  7. Is there anyway to unlock an administrator account and the C: drive?

Is there anyway to unlock an administrator account and the C: drive?: I got a used pc that has an administrator account I can’t unlock and the C: drive is also locked due to this. Is there anyway to get these both unlocked? Or if the hard drive is replaced will it unlock the C: drive as well if it’s embedded in the OS?...
  8. Help for unlock account administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help for unlock account administrator: I have windows 10 1909,I had forgotten password about account administrator but I can access to local account.. How I can recover unlock account administrator?...
  9. Win 10 and Administrator account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 and Administrator account.: Upgrading soon from win 7 and trying to learn amap before install. In win 7, once installed we could type in a command (Klaatu barada nikto j/k ;) to activate Admin. Then restart to log in as admin and we could delete the user account we were forced to create. Allowing the...
  10. Administrator account missing win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account missing win 10: I have recently up dated from Win 7 pro to Win 10 using the, 'saving all my data and programs option', this appeared to work OK. On Win 7 I had two accounts, Admin, which had administrator privileges, and a password, and a normal everyday account without Administrator...