Windows 10: unlock and move the taskbar

Discus and support unlock and move the taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; is there any way to unlock and move the taskbar? I don't see the option on the taskbar tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DAPunch, Sep 28, 2022.

1. DAPunch Win User

unlock and move the taskbar

is there any way to unlock and move the taskbar? I don't see the option on the taskbar tab

:)

DAPunch, Sep 28, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

Suggest you try simply dragging the taskbar with e.g. that command as a first step.

Then (and I don't know quite how you'd make use of it):

Unlocking taskbar: see Option 3 for useful info:
    Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10 | Tutorials

dalchina, Sep 28, 2022
  3. toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

'particular monitor/screen and visible unlocked taskbar' No, my taskbar is normally locked - I would need to include the unlocking step. I already use many Autohotkey applications - mostly for entering scraps of text.
    Forgive me for quoting the wrong program 'AutoIT' when you suggested AutoHotKey. MouseClickDrag looks daunting but 'feasible' - worth a try - but not tonight.

Sebastian42, Sep 28, 2022
  4. unlock and move the taskbar

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

unlock and move the taskbar

1. unlock and move the taskbar - Similar Threads - unlock move taskbar

2. I would like to unlock and move the taskbar. Not automatically hide/unhide. How do I unlock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to unlock and move the taskbar. Not automatically hide/unhide. How do I unlock...: How do I unlock and move the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-unlock-and-move-the-taskbar-not/41b5d492-3c80-492f-9afd-8ba67663abce
  3. I would like to unlock and move the taskbar. Not automatically hide/unhide. How do I unlock...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to unlock and move the taskbar. Not automatically hide/unhide. How do I unlock...: How do I unlock and move the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-unlock-and-move-the-taskbar-not/41b5d492-3c80-492f-9afd-8ba67663abce
  4. Unlock Microsoft Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock Microsoft Taskbar: Will Microsoft be making the taskbar moveable? Having it locked to the bottom of the screen is terrible. I am used to being able to move it to the left edge of the screen so as to not have it cross multiple screens. Why did this functionality to unlock and move the taskbar...
  5. Unlock Microsoft Taskbar

Unlock Microsoft Taskbar: Will Microsoft be making the taskbar moveable? Having it locked to the bottom of the screen is terrible. I am used to being able to move it to the left edge of the screen so as to not have it cross multiple screens. Why did this functionality to unlock and move the taskbar...
  6. Unlocked Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlocked Taskbar?: Using Windows 11 Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621Hello, I want to unlock my taskbar from the bottom and move it to the left of my screen, but I cannot do that anymore. I attempted to use a third party patch for Explorer Explorer Patcher, but that only works to move my taskbar...
  7. Unlocked Taskbar?

Unlocked Taskbar?: Using Windows 11 Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621Hello, I want to unlock my taskbar from the bottom and move it to the left of my screen, but I cannot do that anymore. I attempted to use a third party patch for Explorer Explorer Patcher, but that only works to move my taskbar...
  8. Move Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Taskbar: Hello Everyone!!!I have always had the taskbar on the top of the display, after win upate KB5017383 OS Build 22000.1042 and KB5017389 OS Build 22621.608 is impossible to move it, I have tried the regedit and cmd way too but nothingSomeone knows if there is another way?thx...
  9. unlock and move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock and move the taskbar: is there any way to unlock and move the taskbar? I don't see the option on the taskbar tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-and-move-the-taskbar/735ee1c1-fedc-4899-b2f2-24286e0be5d8
  10. Lock or Unlock Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock or Unlock Taskbar: Windows - 10 -- What are the consequences of locking or unlocking the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-or-unlock-taskbar/b8e9ee84-49db-4584-aecf-7455261db846