Windows 10: Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Fixed or Removable Data Drive in Windows 10

Discus and support Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Fixed or Removable Data Drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the OS, Fixed & Removable drives that addresses threats... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 2, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Fixed or Removable Data Drive in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 2, 2019

2. Failure to unlock BitLocker encrypted HD after new windows 10 installation

Hello Kostas,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your
    operating system drive (the drive where Windows is installed), a
    fixed data drive (such as an internal hard drive), or a
    removable data drive
    (such as a USB flash drive).

The way you unlock an encrypted drive depends on two things:

• What kind of drive it is.
    • What kind of unlock method you chose when you set up BitLocker on the drive.
    I suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps.

Unlock a BitLocker-protected drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Failure to unlock BitLocker encrypted HD after new windows 10 installation

Hello Abdul,

In my case, I have a partition of a fixed data drive which is encrypted with bitlocker.

The problem happened after I replaced my damaged operating system drive (which is not encrypted) and installed windows again at a new operating system drive.

The problem is that, when I try to unlock the encrypted drive, is says that
    "The password entered is incorrect",
    but I am absolutely sure that the password is correct.

Then I try to enter the recovery key, which I found in my microsoft account and it says that
    "The key doesn't match this drive". Again, I am sure I used the correct 48 digit recovery key.

I hope this describes better my issue.

Thank you,

Kostas

Kostas_894, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Fixed or Removable Data Drive in Windows 10

Fixed Drive Detected as Removable in Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Fixed data drives can be set to automatically unlock on a computer where the operating system drive is also encrypted. Removable data drives can be set to automatically unlock on a computer running Windows 8 after the password or smart card is initially
    used to unlock the drive.

You can refer the links below for reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Learn-more-about-BitLocker-Drive-Encryption

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/bitlocker-drive-encryption

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Fixed or Removable Data Drive in Windows 10

1. Unlock BitLocker Encrypted Fixed or Removable Data Drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unlock BitLocker Encrypted

2. Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.: Greetings,I have a microSD card with bitlocker that I can unlock with my password and view the files on, but I'm unable to remove the encryption or format the drive. I've tried on both Windows 10 and Windows 11, and I get similar errors. I do NOT need to recover information,...
  3. Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.: Greetings,I have a microSD card with bitlocker that I can unlock with my password and view the files on, but I'm unable to remove the encryption or format the drive. I've tried on both Windows 10 and Windows 11, and I get similar errors. I do NOT need to recover information,...
  4. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with error "resetting your protector failed for an unknown reason"I have recovery key, but still failed...
  5. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with error "resetting your protector failed for an unknown reason"I have recovery key, but still failed...
  6. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker Drive Encryption: The data drive specified is not set to automatically unlock: Good morning,We are trying to configure BitLocker across our domain, and we are running into some issues. The issues only occur on about a quarter of our machines, the rest work as intended.The error message we receive states this: "The data drive specified is not set to...
  8. Turn On or Off Auto-unlock for BitLocker Encrypted Data Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Turn On or Off Auto-unlock for BitLocker Encrypted Data Drives in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can turn BitLocker Auto-unlock for fixed or removable Data Drives, on or off using BitLocker Manager, Command Prompt, and PowerShell. In this post, we will show you how you can enable or disable auto-unlock for a fixed or removable [...] This post Turn...
  9. Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10: How to: Unlock OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10 How to Unlock an OS Drive Encrypted by BitLocker in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of...
  10. Unlock Fixed or Removable BitLocker Drive in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unlock Fixed or Removable BitLocker Drive in Windows: How to: Unlock Fixed or Removable BitLocker Drive in Windows How to Unlock a Fixed or Removable BitLocker Drive in Windows [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why my recovery key of bitlocker says the key doesnt match this drive

2. windows 10 unlock bitlocker protected drive