Windows 10: Unlock by pressing key on keyboard (not working anymore)

Discus and support Unlock by pressing key on keyboard (not working anymore) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a weird one... anyone else had the ability to unlock (meaning swipe away the lock screen to get to the password screen) by pressing a key on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by street9009, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Unlock by pressing key on keyboard (not working anymore)

I've got a weird one... anyone else had the ability to unlock (meaning swipe away the lock screen to get to the password screen) by pressing a key on the keyboard go away? In other words, I used to be able to walk up to my computer and press the space key and then enter my password. That no longer works. I now have to click the unlock screen.

It's been happening at random to my Windows 10 machines. Some still work, others don't. My work PC is the latest casualty.

Happening to anyone else? Know a fix?

:)

street9009, Dec 8, 2015

2. E71 Infinite loop

Hi there!

When I put my e71 (keyboard is locked) in a pocket and get it out, sometimes there is a message "Press 'Unlock' and then functional key to activate keypad" displayed for several seconds, disappeared and displayed again. And it repeats infinitely until there's
    an incoming call. Neither press the unlock key nor the unlock key sequence.

Is there a bugfix for this issue?

Thanks!

igors---01, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Start menu and Cortana are not working

The Window symbol at the bottom left of the taskbar to reveal all apps and the Window symbol key on keyboard as stopped working about a week ago. When pressing on it and even using the one on keyboard, nothing happens. Even the Cortona selection does not
    work anymore. Even after I shut "OFF" power and turn "ON" again the next day or if I restart the computer, that window symbol to access all apps does not work anymore. What is the solution to fix this ???

Robertstartrek, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

Unlock by pressing key on keyboard (not working anymore)

1. Unlock by pressing key on keyboard (not working anymore) - Similar Threads - Unlock pressing key

2. windows key is not working while pressing on keyboard only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows key is not working while pressing on keyboard only: Hi, I've been facing the following issue on my system - I'm unable to launch the Windows menu by clicking the Windows button on the keyboard. I can launch the menu using the mouse click only. when I play a video and click the Windows key the video pauses which means the...
  3. windows key is not working while pressing on keyboard only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows key is not working while pressing on keyboard only: Hi, I've been facing the following issue on my system - I'm unable to launch the Windows menu by clicking the Windows button on the keyboard. I can launch the menu using the mouse click only. when I play a video and click the Windows key the video pauses which means the...
  4. Keyboard keys only working after long press

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys only working after long press: I have a surface laptop 3 intel and since yesterdays all the keys on the keyboard only work after pressing for about 4 seconds forever there is also a noise played by the speaker evytime I press a key. I tried running the troubleshooter and it showed no problems, I updated my...
  5. Keyboard keys only working after long press

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys only working after long press: I have a surface laptop 3 intel and since yesterdays all the keys on the keyboard only work after pressing for about 4 seconds forever there is also a noise played by the speaker evytime I press a key. I tried running the troubleshooter and it showed no problems, I updated my...
  6. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  7. The 'Win' key on my keyboard doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The 'Win' key on my keyboard doesn't work anymore: Hello everybody, I have a direct yet maybe not simple question. I'm using Windows 10 with a Cooler Master SK621 keyboard. Yesterday, out of nowhere, the 'Win' key on my keyboard stopped working. The actual key works, but it's not recognized as the 'Win' button'. I googled...
  8. Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to press 'C' key on keyboard and on screen keyboard without having to press shift key.: So everything with my keyboard has been fine until recently when the 'C' key stopped working, i have tried a number of things to fix it such as uninstall the drivers, install new ones, update software and firmware, run health checks, rebooting and many other things yet...
  9. Keyboard key not working unless pressed together with another key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard key not working unless pressed together with another key.: Hello, The '2' key on my laptop stopped working properly a few days ago. Up till now, it would start working again when it's pressed very hard, and then it would work properly. But now, it has stopped working even when I press hard. I found out that if I press the 'W' key...
  10. Bitlocker unlock has stuck key presses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker unlock has stuck key presses: I'm not even sure how to title this. I just did a fresh install of Window 10. I do not have a TPM so I setup Require additional authentication at startup. I set up my C: drive with my bitlocker password and rebooted. When it comes to entering my bitlocker password, I...