Windows 10: unlock drive using bitlocker - encryption key is lost

Discus and support unlock drive using bitlocker - encryption key is lost in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Sir, i use lock to use Bitlocker. when i use Bitlocker in windows10 but then i install windows 8 and i unloack my dirve this bitloacker give... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BharatChandel, Oct 1, 2018.

1. unlock drive using bitlocker - encryption key is lost

Hi Sir,

i use lock to use Bitlocker.

when i use Bitlocker in windows10 but then i install windows 8 and i unloack my dirve this bitloacker give error . it says password is incorrect. and my encryption key is lost.

please help. its very urgent

:)

BharatChandel, Oct 1, 2018

2. Can't unlock Bitlocker Encrypted Drive

I have a Bitlocker encrypted external HDD without any OS installed in it. I plugged it to pc with usb then i unlocked my drive on Win10 with my password as usual then i was copying the data from my unlocked
    Bitlocker encrypted drive to another non-encrypted drive. Then power cut suddenly. After that i can't access my Bitlocker encrypted drive anymore.

-When i try to unlock that drive from Windows Explorer pop-up says "Encryption on this drive is not compatible with your Windows. Try to unlock it with newer version of Windows." without password and recoverypassword/recoverykey
    input options. But my Win10 is fully updated (1703)

-Tried Win7 popup came without asking any password "Failed to unlock the drive. No protector keys found in this drive."

-I also tried manage-bde -bitlockerdrive -protectors -get the output is "ERROR: No key protectors found". But drive seems like encrypted already.

-I tried repair-bde with 48 digits recovery password for recovering data to another HDD. Recovery done without any errors. Then did "chkdsk
    outputdrive: /f" it says "File system is NTFS. The first NTFS boot sector is unreadable or corrupt. Reading second NTFS boot sector instead. Unable to determine volume version and state. CHKDSK aborted." The disk shown as RAW and i can't access it.

-After that i also tried thirdparty recovery tools for recovering data on the drive that created after repair-bde (decrypted RAW one). I recovered all my files without any corruption. But all of them shown
    as RAW files and had randomized names without folder structure. Somehow repair-bde can't transfer folder structure. I tried thirdparty recovery tools on unaccessable Bitlocker encrypted drive. It listed all my files with correct file names and folders. So
    folder structure on encrypted drive is not corrupted i think but i can't recover them because they are encrypted and i can't open any file. I need folder structure, my files are too dispersed. What is the solution ? Thanks.

cem.albayrak, Oct 1, 2018
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424315(v=ws.10).aspx

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Viruzz Win User

unlock drive using bitlocker - encryption key is lost

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Thank you sir, ill try your solution.

Windows Auto unlock ONLY works in case you have Bitlocker on your system drive, because if your system drive is not encrypted auto unlocking other drives means loss of security.
    But in my case my system drive is Encrypted with hardware encryption that i password unlock during boot. So auto unlocking Bitlocker drives will do fine for me.

Viruzz, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

unlock drive using bitlocker - encryption key is lost

1. unlock drive using bitlocker - encryption key is lost - Similar Threads - unlock drive using

2. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with error "resetting your protector failed for an unknown reason"I have recovery key, but still failed...
  3. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with error "resetting your protector failed for an unknown reason"I have recovery key, but still failed...
  4. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker drive encryption key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker drive encryption key: Hey there,My laptop is not opening and is asking for Bitlocker drive encryption key.I have log in with my university email address for some software logins like powerbi, tableau and python. How can I get the key?Thanks in advance...
  6. Bitlocker drive encryption key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker drive encryption key: Hey there,My laptop is not opening and is asking for Bitlocker drive encryption key.I have log in with my university email address for some software logins like powerbi, tableau and python. How can I get the key?Thanks in advance...
  7. Bitlocker drive encryption key

8. How to unlock a Bitlocker encrypted folder on a external drive using the recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock a Bitlocker encrypted folder on a external drive using the recovery key?: Years ago I encrypted a folder on my hard drive with Bitlocker and saved the bitlocker certificate. But somehow I lost the certificate file that I used to unlock the folder by installing it. However, I have the Bitlocker Recovery key to that folder. I tried googling but...
  9. How to unlock a Bitlocker encrypted folder on a external drive using the recovery key?

How to unlock a Bitlocker encrypted folder on a external drive using the recovery key?: Years ago I encrypted a folder on my hard drive with Bitlocker and saved the bitlocker certificate. But somehow I lost the certificate file that I used to unlock the folder by installing it. However, I have the Bitlocker Recovery key to that folder. I tried googling but...
  10. BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker encrypted drive not unlocking with recovery key: I encrypted an external hard drive a while ago and have since forgotten the password. I have the 48 digit recovery key saved to my computer as a notepad document. The problem I am having is that when I enter the 48 digit recovery key to unlock the drive nothing happens. No...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unlock drive when bitlocker key lost

2. how to use a drive image to unlocke bitlocker drive key

3. what to do if bitlocker key is lost?

4. os system drive encrypted with bitlocker and usb key lost,
  5. unlock windows 8.1 encrypted drive lost bitlocker key