Windows 10: Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password

Discus and support Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, When I purchased my laptop, the vendor created a local account without a password. However, I linked my MS account to this local account but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pratyay.roy, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password

Hi,

When I purchased my laptop, the vendor created a local account without a password. However, I linked my MS account to this local account but still, it is not asking for any password to unlock. I don't want to create a local password but like to have the same MS account password. How to do that?

I am using Windows 10.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

pratyay.roy, Nov 24, 2018

2. How to disable bitlocker auto unlock when my windows account password was changed?

How to prevent auto unlocking drives from my laptop when my windows password changed? Hack or change my account password to much more easy than decrypt disk, but why windows doesn't provide such functionality from the box? I looking for any scripts to auto unlock from powershell also.

I'm not going to "just disable unblock". It's very useful thing. I have too many things which starts from encrypted volume. I want to prevent access to my volume only just getting my account. If my system administrator account could be hacked, all sensitive data would be lost.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Login into your account
    2. Set up bitlocker, auto-unlock
    3. Restart PC and login into account
    4. Drive unlocked
    5. Logout from account (I switched off whole PC)
    6. Ask sysadmin to change your password to new one
    7. Login into your account with new password

Expected result: bitlocker drive locked

Actual result: drive unlocked

Georgy Grigoryev, Nov 24, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password

1. Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password - Similar Threads - Unlock using Microsoft

2. Unlocking Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlocking Microsoft Account: hi,How do I contact Microsoft to speak to an actual person or chat support.I've been locked out of my account. Tried everything but it's not sending me verification codes to my emails.I have tried all the secret questions etc.I created this account so long ago I've tried all...
  3. Unlocking Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlocking Microsoft Account: hi,How do I contact Microsoft to speak to an actual person or chat support.I've been locked out of my account. Tried everything but it's not sending me verification codes to my emails.I have tried all the secret questions etc.I created this account so long ago I've tried all...
  4. Unlocking Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Incorrect Password Using a Microsoft Account

Incorrect Password Using a Microsoft Account: I use a Microsoft account for my WIndows 10. I have confirmed that my password is correct by logging in to by Microsoft account online. However, when I wish to change my password locally, Windows still tell me that my password is incorrect. Seems like my local password is...
  6. Unable to unlock a Microsoft account

Unable to unlock a Microsoft account: Hello all Im trying to unlock my wifes account but she does not recall the password, and the back up email and the phone number also are unable to be retrieved, she also had attached the authentication app, to the old email. We do not have a security key ither. Any help...
  7. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  8. Can't unlock my laptop using Microsoft password

Can't unlock my laptop using Microsoft password: I can't unlock laptop using my Microsoft password, but in my phone i can use it? Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unlock-my-laptop-using-microsoft-password/1c533a6f-aa37-456b-a351-bc58a85acbeb
  9. Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Login to Microsoft Account or Unlock New PC: I purchased a new laptop. I went through the initial set up and selected "organization" vs. personal as I do have a business account for my small business. It will not accept any of the three Microsoft accounts I have. I can't even get to the internet or control panel -...
  10. using local password with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    using local password with microsoft account: So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local...