Windows 10: unlock screen rotation on my surface pro

Discus and support unlock screen rotation on my surface pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my Surface Pro, I have found a rotation lock button in my settings but I can't turn it off, so the screen is locked and won't change with the angle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GenevieveTimmons, Sep 20, 2019.

1. unlock screen rotation on my surface pro

On my Surface Pro, I have found a rotation lock button in my settings but I can't turn it off, so the screen is locked and won't change with the angle of the screen, any ideas? Thanks community! Genevieve

:)

GenevieveTimmons, Sep 20, 2019

2. Surface Book - Windows 10 : Auto screen rotation missing

Hello -

I also had this same problem (locked in landscape mode, no Rotate Lock/Unlock button, Surface wouldn't auto-rotate). Multiple restarts alone (with or without the keyboard) did not fix it. I was able to restore the Rotation Lock icon (and auto-rotate) with
    the following steps:

• Remove the surface keyboard (while on)
    • Manually set the display to portrait (Settings --> System --> Display --> Orientaton (portrait)
    • Restarted the Surface
    After my device restarted, the Rotation Lock icon was back and my Surface would auto-rotate again.

This has only happened to me once and this was the only fix that worked for me (other options mentioned in the forums didn't work). I hope that helps!

JoshKillgore, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Taltney Win User
    Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

I am using a surface pro tablet and encountered the same issue. To fix it I opened the settings for Display and while open rotated the tablet. This made the grayed out screen lock become active and I was then able to set it to unlocked.

Taltney, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Vijay B Win User

unlock screen rotation on my surface pro

Vijay B, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

unlock screen rotation on my surface pro

1. unlock screen rotation on my surface pro - Similar Threads - unlock screen rotation

2. Surface Pro 8 - auto rotate during typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 - auto rotate during typing: I have a Surface Pro 8 issued through my work that periodically but only briefly displays an Auto Rotate On message on the top left corner of the screen. This happens when typing and without angling the SP8 in any way. When it happens it pauses whatever work I'm doing while...
  3. Surface Pro 8 - auto rotate during typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 - auto rotate during typing: I have a Surface Pro 8 issued through my work that periodically but only briefly displays an Auto Rotate On message on the top left corner of the screen. This happens when typing and without angling the SP8 in any way. When it happens it pauses whatever work I'm doing while...
  4. Surface Pro 8 - auto rotate during typing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Rotation lock is on but my screen still rotates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation lock is on but my screen still rotates: I was watching a tv show on my laptop and I wanted to turn my computer sideways to view a screen sideways but the screen auto-rotated when I turned it. I did a quick search and the solution seemed to be to turn auto-rotate lock on but it's already on and the option is greyed...
  6. Rotation lock is on but my screen still rotates

Rotation lock is on but my screen still rotates: I was watching a tv show on my laptop and I wanted to turn my computer sideways to view a screen sideways but the screen auto-rotated when I turned it. I did a quick search and the solution seemed to be to turn auto-rotate lock on but it's already on and the option is greyed...
  7. Surface Pro 6 Screen Rotation Doesn't Work

Surface Pro 6 Screen Rotation Doesn't Work: The auto rotation was disabled. In action centre, the rotation lock button is greyed out, and there's no rotation lock switch in Setting. How can I fix this problem....
  8. my surface 3 cant rotate

my surface 3 cant rotate: can u help me to solve my problem... my my surface 3 cant rotate and why my rotate button also disappear form my surface setting. tq https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-3-cant-rotate/60d8282c-ac04-4c85-8f76-d59f08cf95f0
  9. rotating Surface pro

rotating Surface pro: The keyboard of my Surface Pro 2017 gets disabled when I rotate the device sideways. The rotation lock is getting grey when the keyboard is attached so it is hard to lock the tablet in landscape mode. This problem started after updating the system to Windows 10, version...
  10. surface pro 3, sceen rotate grayed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3, sceen rotate grayed out: It has been a while since I wanted to use auto rotate. However , now that I want to use this feature it does not work. I have tried all the trouble shooting articles including updating windows and resetting my computer. also ran the trouble shooter. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to unlock surface pro rotating landscaoe

2. unlock auto rotate on surface pro 6

3. how to unlock screen on Surface pro

4. unlock screen rotation surface pro,
  5. landscape screen unlock surface pro,
  6. unlock rotation surface pro,
  7. how to unlock rotation on windows 10 surface pro.