Windows 10: unlock temporary files in disk cleanup

Discus and support unlock temporary files in disk cleanup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried everything in about 30 pages of help and I cannot unlock the file to delete it. Thanks in advance charlie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by charlespotter2, Mar 13, 2019.

1. unlock temporary files in disk cleanup

I have tried everything in about 30 pages of help and I cannot unlock the file to delete it. Thanks in advance charlie

:)

charlespotter2, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Disk Cleanup - Padlock on Temporary Internet Files

Hi Dennis,

Deleting temporary files is one way of to free up space on your drive.

For us to properly isolate your concern and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the following questions below:

• We would like to confirm if you were running the Disk Cleanup utility?
    • Can you confirm that the only files you cannot delete were all temporary Internet files?
    • Was there a lock displayed beside the temporary Internet files?
    • Were there any error messages when you tried to run a disk clean up.
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Mar 13, 2019
  3. PCuseless Win User
    Disk Cleanup - Padlock on Temporary Internet Files

dear Microsoft I have the same problems as these guys in disk cleanup I can tick temporary internet files yes there is padlock right next to check box yes but it says it cleaned them all up sure all except these frigin temporary files no matter how many time
    you do this it stays the same for my case 4gb.so all of you say is ****.i unlocked the true hidden files in windows which is not recommended by the way from Microsoft I wonder why.. and then those temporary file folder appeared finally in c/users/username/temporary
    internet files and before I hadn't reveal system hidden files only the normal ones I typed temporary internet files in the path where the folder should have been and said acess denied.anyway now that I see the folder I enter and guess what there is a folder
    named content ie5 and says access denied good **** job Microsoft.it doesn't say even size only that acess is denied congratz so I ask wtf is up with this **** and let me **** delete my temporary internet files that seem to be linked also to my online account
    (mail) I use for windows 10......

PCuseless, Mar 13, 2019
  4. unlock temporary files in disk cleanup

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

unlock temporary files in disk cleanup

1. unlock temporary files in disk cleanup - Similar Threads - unlock temporary files

2. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  3. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  4. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Disk Cleanup showing no amount of temporary files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Cleanup showing no amount of temporary files?: I recently reverted the temporary file location from a secondary drive back onto my main drive. Issue is, windows 10 storage settings and Disk Cleanup isn’t showing me any amount of temporary files anymore.. Does it only show after a set amount of days? I downloaded...
  6. issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803: Hi Microsoft: I reinstalled my Windows because previously, when I go to disk cleanup to cleanup files, I noticed that the temporary files will not cleanup. I tried it in the new user account by the same issue. It didn't happen in 1703 or 1709. It happened before in the...
  7. Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files: Hi All Temporary Internet files show data in the folder according to disk cleanup, so far ran ccleaner, then ran diskcleanup again a week later, and seems like more data in that folder on my SSD, and i'm like what the heck, I cleared the temp folder manually, clear...
  8. Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup

Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup: Hi all. I have had 175mb of Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup for what seems like a few months now which will not seem to go following the routine disk cleanup action. I waited until the next major CU came and went which happened last night but it still says 175mb of...
  9. Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files

Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files: Disk clean-up shows 500MB of temporary internet files. I check the box to delete the temporary internet files, but it keeps showing 500MB, even after several trials and restarts. This happens on my PC, and also on 1 laptop. However on another laptop I have, the temporary...
  10. Disk Cleanup Bug with Temporary Files

Disk Cleanup Bug with Temporary Files: did alittle more digging... in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Temporar y Files what does the defualt key to? the original is 0B2C35D2-C8BC-4470-BFC0-D6BB1235E5CE i changed it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unlock temporary internet files windows 10

2. unlock temp file

3. how to unlock temporary internet files in disk cleanup

4. cant unlock temporary internet files windows cleanup,
  5. how do unlock tempary internet files,
  6. temporary internet files windows 10 locked,
  7. delete temp internet files in disk cleanup 2019,
  8. unlock temp internet files for disk cleanup,
  9. how to unlock temp internet files,
  10. unlock temporary files windows 10,
  11. unlock temporary internet files in windows 10,