Windows 10: Unlock the features of Windows 10 version 2009 right now

Discus and support Unlock the features of Windows 10 version 2009 right now in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The next feature update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 2009 or Windows 10 20H2, will be a smaller update once again. The benefit of this approach... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Aug 2, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Unlock the features of Windows 10 version 2009 right now

The next feature update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 2009 or Windows 10 20H2, will be a smaller update once again. The benefit of this approach is that it takes less time to update to the new version and that there is not as high a chance of it introducing lots of new issues because of its lighter nature.

What many Windows 10 users don't know is that Microsoft has integrated the features of the next feature update, at least some of them, in Windows 10 version 2004 already.

Right now, it is necessary to install this week's preview updates as these introduced the features in the operating system. Since it is not advised to install preview updates, administrators may want to wait to this's month's Patch Tuesday to gain access to the features. Microsoft will release security updates on August 11, 2020.

All it takes to enable the features of Windows 10 version 2009 in Windows 10 version 2004 is to make two modifications to the Registry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement\Overrides\0\2093230218]
    "EnabledState"=dword:00000002
    "EnabledStateOptions"=dword:00000000

You can either make these manually, create a Registry file from scratch, or download the following Registry file to your system to run it right away after extracting the file.

Click here to download the Registry file: features-windows-10-20H2

Restart the device after you have made the change and you will notice that the new Start Menu is already visible after the restart. The new Start Menu changes the backgrounds of tiles to the theme to reduce colors significantly.

Unlock the features of Windows 10 version 2009 right now windows-10-new-start-menu.png

Another new feature that becomes available after making the change in the Registry is that Edge's tabs are now displayed in the Alt-Tab dialog. Alt-Tab displays open program windows by default, and Microsoft modified the functionality in the next feature update to include tabs from the new Microsoft Edge web browser as well when the shortcut is used.

The Settings app includes options to change the Alt-Tab behavior, e.g. to restore the classic functionality and hide Edge tabs. Go to Settings > System > Multitasking, and change the "Pressing Alt + Tab shows" setting from "Open windows and all tabs in Edge" to "open windows only". You may also select to open the five or three most recent tabs in Edge additionally.

Unlock the features of Windows 10 version 2009 right now alt-tab-edge-tabs.png

Administrators can undo the change at any time by deleting the Registry keys and restarting the system.

Now You: What is your take on Microsoft's "one big and one small update per year" strategy? (via Deskmodder)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Unlock the features of Windows 10 version 2009 right now appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Unlock the features of Windows 10 version 2009 right now - Similar Threads - Unlock features version

2. Windows Version 2009 or 22H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Version 2009 or 22H2?: In Nov. 2022 I upgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro. Till now when reviewing my settings from my Microsoft Account site my laptop shows I am running Windows version 2009. On the other hand a system query of my device says Windows 11 Pro version 22H2. Question is why...
  3. Windows Version 2009 or 22H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Version 2009 or 22H2?: In Nov. 2022 I upgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro. Till now when reviewing my settings from my Microsoft Account site my laptop shows I am running Windows version 2009. On the other hand a system query of my device says Windows 11 Pro version 22H2. Question is why...
  4. Windows Feature Experience Pack to independently unlock features on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Feature Experience Pack to independently unlock features on Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/doors_2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4fv1t/windows_feature_experience_pack_to_independently/
  5. Windows Feature Experience Pack to independently unlock features on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Feature Experience Pack to independently unlock features on Windows 10: Microsoft is currently testing a new way of delivering feature updates and changes to the company's Windows 10 operating system. Up until now, new feature additions were reserved for so-called feature updates. Released twice a year, these updates would introduce new...
  6. BlueScreen after fresh windows 10 version 2009 installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BlueScreen after fresh windows 10 version 2009 installation: I prepared a fresh installation medium for my 5 year old PC. The automate upgrade over windowsupdate also results in the same bluescreen. I always get the "page fault in nonpaged area" code. I already checked the RAM, MB, SSD and CPU. All components work flawless so it has...
  7. Unlock Windows 10 20H2 Features in Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlock Windows 10 20H2 Features in Windows 10 Version 2004: With this batch script you can unlock Windows 10 20H2 features in Windows 10 version 2004 without upgrading. If you have Windows 10, version 2004, build 19041.423 or above installed, you can quickly enable all the 20H2 features like the new colorful Start menu and will...
  8. football manager 2009 disc version not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    football manager 2009 disc version not working on windows 10: okay when i bought football manager 2009 on disc after the installation and i had to download an official patch that removes that uniloc copy protection it wont let me activate it since the servers had shut down in 2011 then when i launched it, it worked flawlessly then right...
  9. You can update to Windows 10 2009 now

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    You can update to Windows 10 2009 now: 2020-08 Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 20H2 via Enablement Package (KB4562830) http://b1.download.windowsupdate.com...874a1d4523.cab Installed in 5 seconds. Took about 60 seconds to reboot though [ATTACH] - - - Updated - - - How to restore the classic System...
  10. How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now

in Windows 10 News
    How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now: Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 version 1809 at the beginning of October 2018 to the public. While it is probably a good idea to wait at least a month before installation of the update on production machines, downloading and installing the update early is great for test...