Windows 10: Unlock Thread - Power Menu in Start section not working

Discus and support Unlock Thread - Power Menu in Start section not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I encountered this problem today after updating to 21H1. The power menu can be opened and closed but is otherwise unresponsive.I also surfed into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by miqrogroove, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Unlock Thread - Power Menu in Start section not working

I encountered this problem today after updating to 21H1. The power menu can be opened and closed but is otherwise unresponsive.I also surfed into the unanswered thread at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-menu-in-start-section-not-working/f711252a-6bd8-4053-b9be-2efb2d0e5094I would like to add that this appears to be a transient fault in Windows Explorer. I don't know the cause, but found a good workaround:As the user menu remained responsive, I simply clicked Sign Out. After that, the power menu worked normally on the login screen, as well as working normally afte

:)

miqrogroove, Aug 11, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Power Menu in Start section not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open Charms Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 11, 2021
  3. Ken Kuzma Win User

The troubleshooting and scan did not solve my problem. I upgraded my Win 8.1 tablet and my other Win8.1 laptop without having the power of problem however this laptop previously was running Win 7

Ken Kuzma, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Unlock Thread - Power Menu in Start section not working

I have a rather peculiar problem with my Power menu in the Start section.

When I want to set my PC to Sleep mode I usually hit Start -> Power -> Sleep.

That no longer works. The Power menu is totally unresponsive. Shut down and Restart are not available either. File Explorer, Settings, All Apps, the other options in that Start corner still work just fine. The Power menu not at all.

I am not aware of any changes on my system. I didn't install or uninstall anything. No virus or anything in that regard was detected. I am not even sure I received a Windows update. After restarting the PC the Power menu is back working, but only once. Not
    sure what triggers this problem. Anyone having an idea? I can still go to sleep mode through the task manager, but still, not very convenient.

Germaninsd, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Unlock Thread - Power Menu in Start section not working

1. Unlock Thread - Power Menu in Start section not working - Similar Threads - Unlock Thread Power

2. Recommended section in the start menu is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommended section in the start menu is blank: There's just one app in my start menu recommended section suddenly, and it's always just one app. Why? How to resolve this issue?Start menu recommended section is turned on...
  3. Recommended section in the start menu is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recommended section in the start menu is blank: There's just one app in my start menu recommended section suddenly, and it's always just one app. Why? How to resolve this issue?Start menu recommended section is turned on...
  4. Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu

Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu: After the KB5025310 update, the one that changed the way the Print Screen key works in Windows 11, apparently broke the work of the "Recommended" section, the section in which applications are displayed.Previously, after opening the application, the application icon appeared...
  5. Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu: After the KB5025310 update, the one that changed the way the Print Screen key works in Windows 11, apparently broke the work of the "Recommended" section, the section in which applications are displayed.Previously, after opening the application, the application icon appeared...
  6. "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working: I am on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, Build 22621.675. I have gone through the instructions to enable Remove Recommended Section From Start Menu in the group policy editor and it's not working. Restarted, it's still there. I tried enabling it from Computer Configuration too since the...
  7. "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working

"Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working: I am on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, Build 22621.675. I have gone through the instructions to enable Remove Recommended Section From Start Menu in the group policy editor and it's not working. Restarted, it's still there. I tried enabling it from Computer Configuration too since the...
  8. Windows 11 Start menu recommended section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start menu recommended section: I have recently upgraded to windows 11, one issues is there isn't enough space for all the apps I want pinned without scrolling.Half of the space is taken up by the "Recommend" section, I managed to turn all the things off that were showing there, but cannot find how to hide...
  9. Windows 11 Start menu recommended section

Windows 11 Start menu recommended section: I have recently upgraded to windows 11, one issues is there isn't enough space for all the apps I want pinned without scrolling.Half of the space is taken up by the "Recommend" section, I managed to turn all the things off that were showing there, but cannot find how to hide...
  10. Recommended section in Windows 11 Start Menu

Recommended section in Windows 11 Start Menu: Microsoft needs to give users the option to completely remove the Recommended section from the Windows 11 Start Menu. I've turned off all recommendations in Settings, and now have half of my Start Menu full of ... dead space.I do not want nor need to see my recent files or...