Windows 10: unlock tree view like in file explorer for Win 10 like previous versions

Discus and support unlock tree view like in file explorer for Win 10 like previous versions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why can't the smart MS programmers correct the Windows Explorer incapability of showing tree view? It is obviously built in but hidden because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrankStructural, Feb 21, 2021.

1. unlock tree view like in file explorer for Win 10 like previous versions

Why can't the smart MS programmers correct the Windows Explorer incapability of showing tree view? It is obviously built in but hidden because it shows up when you are saving a file. This is really aggravating when you have been used to it on older versions. Real screw-up.

:)

FrankStructural, Feb 21, 2021
  2. PMFR Win User

Tree like file explorer

Hi.

Is it possible to use the Navigation pane's tree-like-view-feature (expandable folders) directly in the file browsing area (the little arrows at the left of every folder)? I'd like to have a clean file exploring window without any additional columns (like
    the 'Navigation pane'). If not, is there an app out there that does this sort of thing?

Thank you.

Pedro

3. g_777 Win User
    Window Explorer for Windows 10 view entire file tree

The answer given to this question did NOT help in any way whatsoever.

The original poster wanted to know how to view the ENTIRE file tree in ONE view (pane), not with a separate navigation pane on the left and the individual files in a separate pane on the right.

I've checked absolutely every possible option under the View menus in Windows 10 and do not see any way at all that I can view a simple file tree of SINGLE FILES being visible DIRECTLY UNDER the folder in which they reside.

I want to see this:

FOLDER

-file

-file

instead, all I'm seeing is this:

FOLDER (in the right pane)

or:

-file

-file

I need to see BOTH the FOLDER and each file that's in it listed DIRECTLY UNDER THE FOLDER IN ONE PANE. The split view between two panes is terrible.

Why was Windows 10 File Explorer designed like this? It's an organizational nightmare, and impossible to visualize which individual files are under each folder.

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP BEFORE I SWITCH BACK TO MAC.

g_777, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

unlock tree view like in file explorer for Win 10 like previous versions

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

unlock tree view like in file explorer for Win 10 like previous versions

1. unlock tree view like in file explorer for Win 10 like previous versions - Similar Threads - unlock tree view

2. How can I uninstall an update I don't like? I liked the old version of file explorer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I uninstall an update I don't like? I liked the old version of file explorer...: I did an uninstall in update history as instructed then restarted my pc. It's gone in the history, but not in the file explorer folder. The way it was just yesterday was perfect for me....
  3. OneDrive How to List Files by extension like File Explorer View in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive How to List Files by extension like File Explorer View in Windows 10 ?: How to list OneNote Notebooks only in Documents - OneDrive live.com ?With File Explorer in Windows 10 , I can add column for file extension; is this possible for Cloud View?Thanks Ahead!#rfi # #W10 #OneNote365Family #Explorer #sort #FileExtension...
  4. OneDrive How to List Files by extension like File Explorer View in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive How to List Files by extension like File Explorer View in Windows 10 ?: How to list OneNote Notebooks only in Documents - OneDrive live.com ?With File Explorer in Windows 10 , I can add column for file extension; is this possible for Cloud View?Thanks Ahead!#rfi # #W10 #OneNote365Family #Explorer #sort #FileExtension...
  5. OneDrive How to List Files by extension like File Explorer View in Windows 10 ?

6. Win 11 File Explorer - preview pane on top above thumbnails like in previous Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer - preview pane on top above thumbnails like in previous Windows?: Hi all,In every version of Windows before now, there's been a view in Explorer that put image thumbnails in a scrolling row across the bottom of the Explorer window, with a large preview pane above. This was usually enabled when a folder's Custom setting was Pictures.I still...
  7. Win 11 File Explorer - preview pane on top above thumbnails like in previous Windows?

Win 11 File Explorer - preview pane on top above thumbnails like in previous Windows?: Hi all,In every version of Windows before now, there's been a view in Explorer that put image thumbnails in a scrolling row across the bottom of the Explorer window, with a large preview pane above. This was usually enabled when a folder's Custom setting was Pictures.I still...
  8. Make Windows Explorer Tree View like Regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Windows Explorer Tree View like Regedit: Hi, would anyone know how to make the tree view in File Explorer look like the one in Regedit within Windows 10? The Windows Explorer view can get confusing especially with deep nested folder structures. The Regedit view is much more helpful. They seem to use the same icons....
  9. Categories for File Explorer or the like

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Categories for File Explorer or the like: So I realize that File Explorer has been talked to death on here but I haven't been able to find any post relating to this and I'm hoping someone has an idea if it's possible or not. Because of my work, I tend to have alot of sub-folders upon sub-folders upon sub-folders,...
  10. Viewing previous versions of a file (using File History?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Viewing previous versions of a file (using File History?): When I try to view previous versions of a file, I see a message "No previous versions available" I live in China - not sure if that has any effect and have a licensed version of Windows 10, bought from Microsoft Store (China). I have File History enabled, but have never...