Windows 10: unlocked phone no longer shows up as drive?

Discus and support unlocked phone no longer shows up as drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On W7 i had my nokia lumia 900 unlocked and could plug it into my pc via the usb and it showed up as another drive.this allowed me to add remove music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mcgoo, Aug 18, 2015.

1. mcgoo Win User

unlocked phone no longer shows up as drive?

On W7 i had my nokia lumia 900 unlocked and could plug it into my pc via the usb and it showed up as another drive.this allowed me to add remove music files etc. since installing W10 it no longer shows up?Indeed w10 seems to be changing things that it wants without me okaying it,if this continues i will be going back to w7.
    Q: How can i get my phone showing up as a drive i on w10.

:)

mcgoo, Aug 18, 2015

2. Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE phone no longer shows up on laptop upgraded to Windows 10

Recently when i have tried to connect phone to laptop via the phone's supplied USB cable, it does not show up in This PC or Explorer. Previously I had no problem in doing so. The laptop acknowledges the connection with a bleep and the phone is shown when
    I click the Safely Remove Hardware icon on the right hand end of the taskbar. I have checked that the drivers are up to date.

Any suggestions, please?

Michael Wallbank, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Phone no longer shows up on windowsphone site

My phone's location was not updating so I followed instructions here to remove it from the site and add it back. I removed it just fine, but it won't come back. I'm using the same live account, username, and password on the phone as I'm logged into the
    site with. I can send and receive email with that account, update contacts and calendar, and use apps and skydrive just fine. But windowsphone.com doesn't show any phone on the drop down by my name. I've tried syncing OTA, over wifi, and through zune.
    Same thing, it won't show up. "Reset your phone" is not an acceptable answer to this issue.

Jordan Mills, Aug 18, 2015
  4. sabbyj Win User

Instead, it'll show up as a media device. It won't have a drive alphabet assigned to it

Like this:

unlocked phone no longer shows up as drive? [​IMG]

And if it doesn't show up at all, then try changing the USB port. Because, usually it should work. It works for me as you can see in the screenshot above.

sabbyj, Aug 19, 2015
  5. mcgoo Win User
    It used to show up as your picture to the left,but now nothing.I have tried every usb port and rebooted but still nothing.I have duel boot to windows 7 and even booting to this drive it now doesnt show up.pre windows 10 there was no issue?...

unlocked phone no longer shows up as drive? [​IMG]

mcgoo, Aug 19, 2015
  6. sabbyj Win User
    Try using a different cable. Maybe the cable got damaged. If you have a spare one, trying connecting your phone using that cable.

sabbyj, Aug 19, 2015
  7. mcgoo Win User
    cables fine,it works when i connect tablet to pc using same cable.
    i checked the Device manager and the phone shows up there,checked for updated driver,and unistalled and re installed drivers but it still doesnt show up as a drive? i obviously cant access this from the device manager.
    I also did the same when booting to w7 and its the same there?

mcgoo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. unlocked phone no longer shows up as drive? - Similar Threads - unlocked phone longer

2. trophy no longer shows up in profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trophy no longer shows up in profile: Why did my trophy disappear?How can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trophy-no-longer-shows-up-in-profile/83e5026d-3f87-4823-8043-c0952848e9f8
  3. trophy no longer shows up in profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trophy no longer shows up in profile: Why did my trophy disappear?How can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trophy-no-longer-shows-up-in-profile/83e5026d-3f87-4823-8043-c0952848e9f8
  4. Apple Device no longer showing up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apple Device no longer showing up.: I was importing my photos from my iPhone 7 iOS 14.7.1 when it threw an error and stopped. Upon plugging it back in and accepting the prompt to allow access to photos and videos, I imported most of the rest before I got the same error. I attribute this part to a faulty cord,...
  5. Hard Drive Icon shows unlock icon.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Drive Icon shows unlock icon.: [ATTACH] I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I don't no why my Volume icon shows unlock icon. I think its of Windows Bitlocker. But mine is Windows 10 home, it doesn't have bitlocker. When I turned on Windows Hello Face Login on my laptop, this unlock icon...
  6. phone not showing up on this pc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phone not showing up on this pc.: I have tried everything but nothing happens. The only thing it does is charge the phone. The settings is set to mtp and adb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-not-showing-up-on-this-pc/7b935bc2-b3e9-484d-83b9-d53c78352ea8
  7. Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up: This problem began this week. In the Your Phone app, when I start typing a name of a known contact, Your Phone app no longer suggests any names. And when I type in the phone number of a known contact, Your Phone app doesn't recognize it as a known contact and leaves only...
  8. Bluetooth no longer showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth no longer showing up: After the update 5/24/2020 that installed the new version of Edge Windows now thinks my device doesn't have bluetooth. I've been using the bluetooth on this device for 2 years now. When I check bluetooth settings Windows says it is turned off but there is no way to turn it...
  9. Cortana no longer unlocks doors

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer unlocks doors: I have a Kwikset deadbolt that I was able to lock and unlock with Cortana and my Wink2 hub. If I saw some I know approaching my front door, I could say “Cortana, unlock the front door”. Now she says “ It looks like you are trying to use a smart home device”. The lock still...
  10. Wifi No Longer Showing Up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi No Longer Showing Up: Recently I had a problem with my wifi not connecting, and nothing showing up. I fixed it somehow a day ago and now the problem is back. When going through the "Device Manager" I saw one thing in the "Network adapters" had a yellow yield sign beside it. Something might of...