Windows 10: Unlocking an external hard drive with bit locker with out original notebook

Discus and support Unlocking an external hard drive with bit locker with out original notebook in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me. I encrypted my external HD with bit locker but the notebook I was using isn't with us... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Monica Longhurst, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Unlocking an external hard drive with bit locker with out original notebook

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me. I encrypted my external HD with bit locker but the notebook I was using isn't with us anymore. How can I pick up and unlock my external on a new notebook? Because it's not being picked up by my new notebook.

Kind Regards,

Monica

:)

Monica Longhurst, Sep 14, 2020

2. unlocking of system drive in windows 10 Home Single Launguage

Hi

To better assist you, kindly clarify the following:

• What type of drive you are trying to unlock?

(Ex. Pen drive, external hard drive, etc)
    • What type of blocking application is being used?

(Ex. Bit-locker)
    Let us know how it goes.

Angelo Bar, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Bit locker key

Bit locker won’t except any of the keys from my Microsoft account. What’s the next step to get it unlocked?

Chicken chick, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unlocking an external hard drive with bit locker with out original notebook

Bit Locked External Hard Drive won't unlock - neither with correct password nor with original key

Hi,

Thank you for update and reply.

I would like to inform you that they are expert in handling issue regarding to Bit locker.

1. Do you face similar issue when you connect the external drive to another PC?

2. Did you try using another USB data cable and check?

Drive is not ready error occurs if its an issue with the connectivity. please try using another PC or different USB data cable and then try unlocking the drive and check.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Unlocking an external hard drive with bit locker with out original notebook

1. Unlocking an external hard drive with bit locker with out original notebook - Similar Threads - Unlocking external hard

2. Hard drive is not working or get damaged due to Bit locker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive is not working or get damaged due to Bit locker: I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding an issue I am experiencing with my laptop's hard drive, which is attributed to BitLocker encryption.Recently, I enabled BitLocker encryption on my laptop to enhance the security of my data....
  3. Bit Locker encrypted USB drive will not unlock

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bit Locker encrypted USB drive will not unlock: I encrypted a Cruzer Blade USB drive using Windows 10 Pro and neither the password I created, nor the generated recovery key will unlock it despite the key indicator being correct...
  4. Bit Locker encrypted USB drive will not unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit Locker encrypted USB drive will not unlock: I encrypted a Cruzer Blade USB drive using Windows 10 Pro and neither the password I created, nor the generated recovery key will unlock it despite the key indicator being correct...
  5. Bit Locker encrypted USB drive will not unlock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to unlock the Bit locker

Unable to unlock the Bit locker: Hi,I have done the factory reset to my laptop, now I am unable to access the local drives due to Bit locker, I found the recovery keys but key ID is not matching, hence could not unlock the driver, I turned off the Bit locker and ran the factory reset again, then also same...
  7. Unable to unlock the Bit locker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unlock the Bit locker: Hi,I have done the factory reset to my laptop, now I am unable to access the local drives due to Bit locker, I found the recovery keys but key ID is not matching, hence could not unlock the driver, I turned off the Bit locker and ran the factory reset again, then also same...
  8. Unable to unlock the Bit locker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. bit-locker on external hard that was mistakenly started and want it to dissappear.

bit-locker on external hard that was mistakenly started and want it to dissappear.: different os before current still shows bit-locker encryption on that drive and would like it to stop with the large box notification on my display. Went to control panel as shown by other of your agents and after a reboot, it will display again. Would like to know how to...
  10. Bit Locker external hard drive locks up laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bit Locker external hard drive locks up laptop: I have an external hard drive, which was interrupted during initial encryption. When I plug the hard drive into my laptop, I simply cannot access the hard drive in any way as it simply goes to error after about a minute. Running Windows 7 Enterprise. Help!...