Windows 10: Unlocking and saving the fast/economical printing preference

Discus and support Unlocking and saving the fast/economical printing preference in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I go to Advanced printer preferences to change it to fast/economical there is a lock sign on it. How do I get the lock symbol to go away and save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristopherPistole, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Unlocking and saving the fast/economical printing preference

When I go to Advanced printer preferences to change it to fast/economical there is a lock sign on it. How do I get the lock symbol to go away and save it as my default preference? I was told this would help save on ink tremendously.

:)

ChristopherPistole, Nov 8, 2019

2. Change Preferences in Print

How do I change Print Preferences? Sending a document to print, there is no option to choose
    color print. I need to be able to choose if I want just black or color.

The printer is not the problem because:

• The HP Printer will print color if I'm sending from a website or a screen shot.
    • When choosing to copy from the printer's screen, I can choose color.

MartyLisor, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 8, 2019
  4. kaschiro1 Win User

Unlocking and saving the fast/economical printing preference

unlock hard drive

I just installed w10 and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dell laptop with a ssd and it works fine. the problem is my second harddrive which is connected a usb and it has all my data on it, except it is locked and cannot edit a file and save the file. We will call that #2, #1 works fine, I can edit and save, #2 I can view but no edit and save. I use photoshop and when I go to save it states that the file is locked. #2 is partitioned into 3 drives and all drives act the same. everything worked on win 7 in the same configuration.
    So with my whiz bang mentality I say the drive is locked. But I do not know how to unlock it !!! can anybody help me!!!
    I am a old senior teckky and things have to be laid out step by step. Is there a program I can download to unlock the HD,??? or do I have to do it the old fashion way, step by step

TIA
    Kas

kaschiro1, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Unlocking and saving the fast/economical printing preference

1. Unlocking and saving the fast/economical printing preference - Similar Threads - Unlocking saving fast

2. Printer Preferences settings not getting saved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer Preferences settings not getting saved: Windows 10 does not save the printer settings aw well as the settings in the 'preferences'. In 'preferences' there is another two settings, 'Default setting' and 'current setting'. If I click on 'current setting' and 'apply' it, after the print-out is done it again goes back...
  3. Can't "APPLY" changes on printing preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't "APPLY" changes on printing preferences: hello, I would like to seek on how to fix a problem in my EPSON L310 printer. If I choose "color" I cant apply it to effect change. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-apply-changes-on-printing-preferences/99f78bf4-dc65-4b48-b213-3db406d1ba33
  4. Print save

Print save: How do I do a screen save? There is a screen print tab on my laptop but no screen save tab. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-save/50ff135f-d800-42cd-977d-d03a51a2bd4e
  5. "save print output"

"save print output": How do I skip the "save print output" step when trying to print an already saved document or anything for that matter? HP Office Pro 6978 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-print-output/7f7fbd36-1dcd-4b00-b984-aed477879a1f
  6. Bing does not save my preferences

Bing does not save my preferences: Frequently after a shut down, or even a restart, I get signed out of my Bing and none of my preferences have been saved. Who do I have to blame for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-does-not-save-my-preferences/46330e33-3941-412e-8327-d6d7c38b3def
  7. Finger Print Unlock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger Print Unlock: Hello, I'm using VeriMark Fingerprint Key. I want to authenticate myself through it. I want to log in into chrome and other application using VeriMark Fingerprint Key. How can I do it?...
  8. File "Opens with" preference not getting saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File "Opens with" preference not getting saved: Issues : I have a python file (".py"). I am trying to make "Visual Studio Code" as its default editor, so that each time I open double click the python file, it opens up in "Visual Studio Code". I have tried the following way and nothing is helping.. 1) a) Double click...
  9. Printing preferences zoomed in

Printing preferences zoomed in: Hello, can anyone tell me what can cause the printing preferences on this printer to be zoomed in? I have tried uninstalling driver, reinstalling, remove device and it keeps doing it. It's only for this printer. I'm on Windows 10. Thanks, Andy [ATTACH]...
  10. Is there a way to stop printing FAST?

Is there a way to stop printing FAST?: When a document I'm printing turns out to have w-a-a-y too many pages, I know I can stop it by clicking on the printer icon, then clicking on what's printing, then clicking stop...while 3-4 more rogue pages print. Is there a command or app that would let me at least pause...