Windows 10: Unlocking Bitlocker

Discus and support Unlocking Bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all I found this article on here , is this still the most update and easiest method to unlock bitlocker? I only want to partition a drive so that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bartjunited, May 4, 2021.

1. Unlocking Bitlocker

Hi all I found this article on here , is this still the most update and easiest method to unlock bitlocker? I only want to partition a drive so that that data and apps are separate. If I do partition should I locked both drives after or is bitlocker only for the system drive? Turn On or Off BitLocker for Operating System Drive in Windows 10 TIA Bart

:)

bartjunited, May 4, 2021

2. BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 5, 2021
  3. Jacee Win User
    Bitlock unlock?

I'm just wondering what this is for on Bitlocker (unlock)? How do you use it?

Unlocking Bitlocker [​IMG]

Jacee, May 5, 2021
  4. Viruzz Win User

Unlocking Bitlocker

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Thank you sir, ill try your solution.

Windows Auto unlock ONLY works in case you have Bitlocker on your system drive, because if your system drive is not encrypted auto unlocking other drives means loss of security.
    But in my case my system drive is Encrypted with hardware encryption that i password unlock during boot. So auto unlocking Bitlocker drives will do fine for me.

Viruzz, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Unlocking Bitlocker

1. Unlocking Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Unlocking Bitlocker

2. Bitlocker key is not found, how do unlock the bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key is not found, how do unlock the bitlocker: Hi,My laptop shows the Bitlocker page after it goes self-update. I tried to follow the instruction, however, my accounts says there is no bitlocker recovery key found. I asked my school IT desk, and they said they do not have any bitlocker found in my account as well. I have...
  3. Bitlocker key is not found, how do unlock the bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key is not found, how do unlock the bitlocker: Hi,My laptop shows the Bitlocker page after it goes self-update. I tried to follow the instruction, however, my accounts says there is no bitlocker recovery key found. I asked my school IT desk, and they said they do not have any bitlocker found in my account as well. I have...
  4. My BitLocker key does not work. My laptop does not unlock.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My BitLocker key does not work. My laptop does not unlock.: My BitLocker key does not work. My laptop does not unlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-key-does-not-work-my-laptop-does-not/a0d15dc7-724b-4411-bede-aa231c363bdd
  5. My BitLocker key does not work. My laptop does not unlock.

My BitLocker key does not work. My laptop does not unlock.: My BitLocker key does not work. My laptop does not unlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-key-does-not-work-my-laptop-does-not/a0d15dc7-724b-4411-bede-aa231c363bdd
  6. unlock bitlocker using recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock bitlocker using recovery key: I have locked un external disk drive using bitlocker and i have forgoten my password, but i have printed the recover key and identifier when i have tried to using the recovery key i got the message recover key does not match even the identifier key is start with the...
  7. unlock bitlocker using recovery key

unlock bitlocker using recovery key: I have locked un external disk drive using bitlocker and i have forgoten my password, but i have printed the recover key and identifier when i have tried to using the recovery key i got the message recover key does not match even the identifier key is start with the...
  8. Enable BitLocker Auto-unlock gives error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable BitLocker Auto-unlock gives error: I have a laptop. It was sold new with Windows 11 home, upgraded to Windows 11 Pro with a retail license. slmgr.vbs /div shows that it is RETAIL channel and Licensed. I also added as second SSD which I formatted as one big Basic Data Partition, NTFS, and assigned drive letter...
  9. Enable BitLocker Auto-unlock gives error

Enable BitLocker Auto-unlock gives error: I have a laptop. It was sold new with Windows 11 home, upgraded to Windows 11 Pro with a retail license. slmgr.vbs /div shows that it is RETAIL channel and Licensed. I also added as second SSD which I formatted as one big Basic Data Partition, NTFS, and assigned drive letter...
  10. No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.

No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.: I updated my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro so that to access the Bitlocker drive encryption. And i added bitlocker encryption on one of my disk drives G:. However suddenly the next day when i double click the drive, I don't see any pop-up that asks for a password, nothing...