Windows 10: Unlocking files locked with BitLocker

Discus and support Unlocking files locked with BitLocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After an update to my Windows 10 Pro edition, I no longer have access to the files in the Documents folder on my C drive. I had previously encrypted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LanceB_16, Nov 10, 2020.

1. LanceB_16 Win User

Unlocking files locked with BitLocker

After an update to my Windows 10 Pro edition, I no longer have access to the files in the Documents folder on my C drive. I had previously encrypted these with BitLocker but now it is showing that BitLocker is turned off and logging in to my user account no longer unencrypts the files automatically. How do I suspend the protection on this folder and unencrypt these files?

:)

LanceB_16, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Viruzz Win User

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Viruzz Win User
    HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Thank you sir, ill try your solution.

Windows Auto unlock ONLY works in case you have Bitlocker on your system drive, because if your system drive is not encrypted auto unlocking other drives means loss of security.
    But in my case my system drive is Encrypted with hardware encryption that i password unlock during boot. So auto unlocking Bitlocker drives will do fine for me.

Viruzz, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Unlocking files locked with BitLocker

Bitlocker won't unlock on boot

Hi David,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur, when the bit locker is not configured properly.

I suggest you to unlock the bit lock drives and enabling to bit lock again on the drives and check it helps.

To unlock the bit lock drives, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

To enable Bit lock on the drives, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/protect-files-bitlocker-drive-encryption#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Unlocking files locked with BitLocker

1. Unlocking files locked with BitLocker - Similar Threads - Unlocking files locked

2. How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.: Dear Team,My laptop is locked with Bitlocker and I cannot have access to it. I have tried everything but to avail. I do not have a Bitlocker key and I have tried to to log into my Microsoft account to retrieve but I am getting the response "There is no bitlocker key stored"....
  3. How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.: Dear Team,My laptop is locked with Bitlocker and I cannot have access to it. I have tried everything but to avail. I do not have a Bitlocker key and I have tried to to log into my Microsoft account to retrieve but I am getting the response "There is no bitlocker key stored"....
  4. How to unlock the laptop when Bitlocked is locked.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?: I suddenly opened my PC and saw that my H drive is locked. I am having trouble to access my account. Please get back to me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlocker-locked-drive/04bcd4be-7090-4c17-9233-9dc8cc7c4294
  6. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?: I suddenly opened my PC and saw that my H drive is locked. I am having trouble to access my account. Please get back to me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlocker-locked-drive/04bcd4be-7090-4c17-9233-9dc8cc7c4294
  7. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Bitlocker lock/unlock batch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker lock/unlock batch: I want to make a batch to check if bitlocker is locked or unlocked on my D: partition. 'manage-bde -lock D:' to lock it and 'manage-bde -unlock D: password 123pass456' to unlock. I can check its status by typing 'manage-bde -status D:' Any help would help, I think if any...
  9. Locking an Unlocked BitLocker Enabled Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Locking an Unlocked BitLocker Enabled Drive: Hi, I searched for an option to lock an unlocked BitLocker enabled drive but couldn't find anything. The unlocked drive is accessible by the other user when switching the user account. There should be an option to lock the drive when a user has finished. I hereby suggest...
  10. Unlocking locked files help

in Windows 10 Support
    Unlocking locked files help: Opened folder and was presented with multiple documents that had a "locked padlock" covering part of the file icon. Also the following message when I attempted to open the file: "You need permission to perform this action." "You require permission from "everyone" to make...