Windows 10: Unmountable boot volume - chkdsk /r does not solve issue

Discus and support Unmountable boot volume - chkdsk /r does not solve issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I would recommend to run MemTest86+ [img] Diagnostic Test [img] RAM TEST [img] Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Erdinger, Feb 16, 2017.

1. axe0 New Member

Unmountable boot volume - chkdsk /r does not solve issue

I would recommend to run MemTest86+
    Unmountable boot volume - chkdsk /r does not solve issue [​IMG]
    Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

2. Erdinger Win User

Hi, I ran the memtest yesterday. Result:

Erdinger, Feb 21, 2017
  3. axe0 New Member
    Has the USB device been used before for pre environments?

4. Erdinger Win User

Hi. Not sure if I understand the question but the USB device was formatted before I installed memtest. I also ran memtest with a different USB stick before I started this thread on the same computer. Then it only ran for 2 passes but did not show any errors then either.

The most important thing for me is to get some files I don't have backup for from the C: drive. Do you recommend any tools for this? I don't care if I need to reinstall windows and some applications.

Erdinger, Feb 21, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    You could try a live linux, I'm not sure if the WinPE with all preinstalled software is reliable enough due to all the errors.

Thema:

1. Unmountable boot volume - chkdsk /r does not solve issue - Similar Threads - Unmountable boot volume

2. Unmountable boot volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume: Unmountable boot volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmountable-boot-volume/0a612465-960b-44be-ad9e-c68d9cb94c12
  3. Unmountable boot volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume: Unmountable boot volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmountable-boot-volume/e3de52a9-ffbf-4347-a088-882dbc4b14a2
  4. Unmountable boot volume

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unmountable boot volume: I've tried Installing a game and my laptop asked for a restart and I clicked on Restart Now. After that, I got Your pc ran into a problem screen with stop code: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.My laptop kept on restating again and again just the Acer logo and Blue screen immediately....
  5. Unmountable boot volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume: How to overcome this error blue screen appears and restarts again and repeating again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmountable-boot-volume/10422cf3-e96b-4048-b980-62475e4f4d9f
  6. Unmountable Boot Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable Boot Volume: I'm receiving a blue screen saying the device ran into a problem and needs to restart. It stays up for a bit then restarts, over and over again. The QR code provided does not lead to any results, unfortunately. The error says UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I've tried hard resets...
  7. Unmountable Boot Volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unmountable Boot Volume: I'm receiving a blue screen saying the device ran into a problem and needs to restart. It stays up for a bit then restarts, over and over again. The QR code provided does not lead to any results, unfortunately. The error says UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. I've tried hard resets...
  8. Unmountable boot volume issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unmountable boot volume issue: I have seen the previous post about this and I am unable to access any advanced options or menus only able to press f9 and enter automatic system repair so those will not work[IMG]...
  9. Unmountable Boot Volume

Unmountable Boot Volume: I get the message Stop Code - UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME Screen says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" This is a Dell Optiplex 990 that originally came with Windows 7....
  10. UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME

UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME: bonjour wue faire quand l'ordinateur donne pour code d'arrët : UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmountable-boot-volume/65c9e58f-915d-4922-916b-bcba37fecc85