Windows 10: UNMOUNTABLE Ex HD - Seagate

Discus and support UNMOUNTABLE Ex HD - Seagate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am freaking out - I cannot send off and it cost me $1000+ I have my seagate 4 TB Expansion drive SRD00F2 --there is no clicking, sounds like it it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertSmartt, Dec 10, 2018.

1. UNMOUNTABLE Ex HD - Seagate

I am freaking out - I cannot send off and it cost me $1000+

I have my seagate 4 TB Expansion drive SRD00F2 --there is no clicking, sounds like it it running fine -

I can see the partitions but it doesn't allocate a Drive # or letter - How do I recover this data without spending 1000 bucks please help

:)

RobertSmartt, Dec 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 shutdown doesn't unmount despite......

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the late response.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• How exactly you are trying to unmount the drive. Is it through Command prompt or from Disk management?

• What exactly happens when you try to unmount?

• Did you receive any error message while trying to unmount?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Please close all the Windows before trying the steps.

• Open Disk management.

• Right-click the mounted drive that you want to remove, and then click
      Change Drive Letter and Paths.

• Click Remove, and then click Yes.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 & Seagate Ext HD Back-up +

Installed Windows 10 and my Seagate Ext HD, Back-up + will go to 5% and freeze up. Consequently, nothing is backed up. I spoke with Seagate and they do not have any answer. Any suggestions?

GatorHunter, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

UNMOUNTABLE Ex HD - Seagate

How to fix error unmountable boot volume

Hi James,

It is possible that you received the error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME due to a damaged file system which failed to mount. This error also means that sub-system on machine failed to mount the boot volume. To efficiently assist you, we'd like
    to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you you follow the steps shared by Michelle Her and
    Billion Debbarma on this threads below to troubleshoot your concern:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

UNMOUNTABLE Ex HD - Seagate

1. UNMOUNTABLE Ex HD - Seagate - Similar Threads - UNMOUNTABLE Seagate

2. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  3. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation: Hello, I'm encountering multiple issues with my HP laptop model HP 15-dy2791wm and would appreciate some guidance on troubleshooting steps.Firstly, I'm unable to boot into Windows as I'm consistently encountering a blue screen of death with the error message "Unmountable boot...
  4. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unmountable boot volume and missing hard drive during Windows installation

6. UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME for the 10th time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME for the 10th time: I’ve always had this problem since i bought the laptop It’s an HP Victus 15, before i always had this problem after a windows update everytime now it shows up randomly. The laptop i bought is brand new from the box...
  7. UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME for the 10th time

UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME for the 10th time: I’ve always had this problem since i bought the laptop It’s an HP Victus 15, before i always had this problem after a windows update everytime now it shows up randomly. The laptop i bought is brand new from the box...
  8. I have blue screen error of unmountable boot volme BDOS and I can't open advanced options ,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have blue screen error of unmountable boot volme BDOS and I can't open advanced options ,: I tried pressing all fn keys , delete key , esc key , but the advanced recovery screen not opens , how can I open advanced options screen , only f2 and f12 works , f2 opens bios setting setup utility and f12 opens a screen named boot manager as it's heading...
  9. I have blue screen error of unmountable boot volme BDOS and I can't open advanced options ,

I have blue screen error of unmountable boot volme BDOS and I can't open advanced options ,: I tried pressing all fn keys , delete key , esc key , but the advanced recovery screen not opens , how can I open advanced options screen , only f2 and f12 works , f2 opens bios setting setup utility and f12 opens a screen named boot manager as it's heading...
  10. Unmountable boot volume - Blue screen error Windows 11

Unmountable boot volume - Blue screen error Windows 11: Hi,When I recently tried to restart my computer, it restarted, but the lockscreen froze. I turned it off, then powered it back on again, and I received a message saying 'Your PC ran into a problem' with the stopcode: Unmountable boot volume. I searched in net then it...