Windows 10: Unmountable_Boot_Volume Bluescreen after Bitlocker Test Run in a Dualboot Setup

Discus and support Unmountable_Boot_Volume Bluescreen after Bitlocker Test Run in a Dualboot Setup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I had a dual boot system established with two Windows 10 on two separate NVMe SSDs, using the built-in Windows bootmanager. Both SSDs... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Björn Petersen, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Unmountable_Boot_Volume Bluescreen after Bitlocker Test Run in a Dualboot Setup

Hi there,

I had a dual boot system established with two Windows 10 on two separate NVMe SSDs, using the built-in Windows bootmanager. Both SSDs initially not encrypted, the bootmanager system partition located at SSD 1. Now I tried encrypting SSD 2 using Bitlocker. TPM was provided by the mainboard via PTT. Checked the Run Bitlocker System Check Checkbox and restarted. Now, selecting SSD 2 in bootmanager, the recovery key is requested, and entering the correct key yields an unmountable_boot_volume bluescreen.

Windows on SSD 1 can still be accessed via the bootmanager.

Trying to unlock SSD 2 via the Windows Explorer on SSD 1 results in a incorrect key message which can be excluded, checked intensively.

Any advice how SSD 2 could be accessed again? What does the Bitlocker System Check do? Obviously the entire disk has not been encrypted just a quick restart, not enough time for this task...

Btw, I'm obviously not the only one experiencing this bug:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/357297b0-3b32-402f-ac8c-b9d61acaf0b0/bitlocker-kills-windows-partition-at-beginning-of-encryption?forum=win10itprosecurity

:)

Björn Petersen, Jan 16, 2020

2. Need Help in BitLocker deployment Step by Step

Dear All,

We are planning to deploy to deploy Windows 10 BitLocker in our organization. Could you please anyone help me with step by step deployment from the scratch.

1. What are the requirement?
    2. How to setup BitLocker management server?
    3. What are the per-cautions and best practices?
    Thanks in well advance for brief guide.

Best Regards

Faisal

Faisal_Raza, Jan 16, 2020
  3. trontron Win User
    Bitlocker corrupted my Boot drive during installation

I am running Windows 10 Pro on a HP Proliant ML110 G7 machine, and decided to install bitlocker using a password and USB key. The machine does NOT have a TPM installed.

I first activated it on 2 logical volumes. Then I tried to activate it on my OS boot drive (CUnmountable_Boot_Volume Bluescreen after Bitlocker Test Run in a Dualboot Setup :), and after the step where I created my password and USB rescue key it said it would reboot to test the keys and then commence with the encryption. It rebooted and then, with the USB key inserted, read the key correctly and proceeded to give me a blue screen saying that my PC was unbootable with the error message "Unmountable_Boot_Volume", and suggested I repair the startup process with a windows installation disc or USB.

I did, but when I boot the PC using a Windows 10 install USB and try to run startup repair it asks me for the password or the USB key or the Number key, and I try them all but say they're wrong, and I know they're correct because when I try to boot directly to the hard drive they are accepted.

Is there anything else I can try? Help.

trontron, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Unmountable_Boot_Volume Bluescreen after Bitlocker Test Run in a Dualboot Setup

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Unmountable_Boot_Volume Bluescreen after Bitlocker Test Run in a Dualboot Setup

1. Unmountable_Boot_Volume Bluescreen after Bitlocker Test Run in a Dualboot Setup - Similar Threads - Unmountable_Boot_Volume Bluescreen Bitlocker

2. BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME: Hello My name is NicholasI ran into a problem yesterday October 9th at night and I was trying to download a Incredible Hulk game on my moms laptop it made me disable all the security and even the firewall I followed the steps to try and download it but I couldnt so I deleted...
  3. Bluescreen after running code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after running code.: Today my computer bluescreened with the error 'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION' every time I run some specific python code,the code I wrote is:helper.py````pythonimport clickfrom plyer import notificationimport *** Email address is removed for privacy ***@click.option'--title',...
  4. Bluescreen after running code.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after running code.: Today my computer bluescreened with the error 'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION' every time I run some specific python code,the code I wrote is:helper.py````pythonimport clickfrom plyer import notificationimport *** Email address is removed for privacy ***@click.option'--title',...
  5. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME: Hello all, My pc recently stopped working and goes to a blue screen of death, the stopcode is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_DEVICE, I cannot access my startup settings, chkdsk isnt working, and bcdedit to get into safe mode ins't working either. I feel like I'm stuck in a corner, can...
  6. Bitlocker on Dualboot system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker on Dualboot system: Hello there, my question is how to configure (if it is possible) Bitlocker encryption on system drive so I can set to automatically unlock encrypted drives. To be more specific I don´t have TPM feature and am using dual-boot with Ubuntu. Setup is following - 1st SSD with...
  7. Windows 10 BSoD unmountable_boot_volume

Windows 10 BSoD unmountable_boot_volume: Hello ^_^ My original os is win7 then i upgraded to 10... After a while of using it... It opens the Blue screen saying unmountable boot volume.. Also i dont have win7 cd since the os was built in... Next i rebooted it, it says "preparing automatic repair" i tried to...
  8. BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo Y510P

BSOD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Lenovo Y510P: Hi folks I'm new to the forums to please excuse me. I'm currently posting from my phone so when my laptop comes on I'll attach the debug file. Basically I set my laptop to sleep instead of shutting it down and when I went back to resume my work (about 20 hours later) it...
  9. PC Running slowly after receiving "Unmountable_Boot_Volume" error, W10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Running slowly after receiving "Unmountable_Boot_Volume" error, W10: My girlfriend's PC had gotten a blue screen with the error "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". Her computer restarted like normal, but is now extremely slow and freezes a lot; its unusable. Any idea on how to fix this? We have tried typing the chkdsk and bootrec /fixboot commands in...
  10. Asus UX31E UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus UX31E UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME: Hi I really need you help! My ASUS UX31E Motherboard went dead recently and after ordering a new one and installing it the old SSD an ASUS sdsa5jk 256Gb is being very difficult. I was hoping it might plug and play but this was of course foolish. It won't boot, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unmountable boot volume after bitlocker