Windows 10: Unmounting NTFS drives

Discus and support Unmounting NTFS drives in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello folks So I basically need a way to automatically unmount NTFS drives in Win10 when I do a reboot. Right now the goto is CMD->shutdown /s. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/carnivor_666, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Unmounting NTFS drives

Hello folks

So I basically need a way to automatically unmount NTFS drives in Win10 when I do a reboot.

Right now the goto is CMD->shutdown /s. But that is annoying as shit as I have to crawl on the floor to

reach the power button. If there is a way, please share.

submitted by /u/carnivor_666
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/carnivor_666, Jun 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 shutdown doesn't unmount despite......

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the late response.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• How exactly you are trying to unmount the drive. Is it through Command prompt or from Disk management?

• What exactly happens when you try to unmount?

• Did you receive any error message while trying to unmount?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Please close all the Windows before trying the steps.

• Open Disk management.

• Right-click the mounted drive that you want to remove, and then click
      Change Drive Letter and Paths.

• Click Remove, and then click Yes.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 18, 2020
  3. tf2029 Win User
    How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently the convert drive to NTFS doesn't work when the drive is RAW. After following your instructions in step 2 I get message "convert is not available for RAW drives.

Any suggestions?

tf2029, Jun 18, 2020
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Unmounting NTFS drives

How to unmount drive?

I mounted Anniversary Update.iso and successfully upgraded Win10. I further updated from 393.0 to 393.10. In both instances afterwards, the empty drive remained.

How do I unmount it? Context menu offered no option.

Disk Management doesn't list it at the top panel. While it shows in the bottom panel, there are no options to get rid of it.

pyramid10, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Unmounting NTFS drives

1. Unmounting NTFS drives - Similar Threads - Unmounting NTFS drives

2. unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen: About a month ago I've bought a brand new 2in1 with windows 11 pro 21h2 preinstalled. Today windows update prompt me to install v23h2 and I accepted. The installation frozen on restart at 73%. I shut it down and on restart it reversed the changes and booted again with v21h2....
  3. unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unmountable boot drive ntfs blue screen: About a month ago I've bought a brand new 2in1 with windows 11 pro 21h2 preinstalled. Today windows update prompt me to install v23h2 and I accepted. The installation frozen on restart at 73%. I shut it down and on restart it reversed the changes and booted again with v21h2....
  4. NTFS Drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NTFS Drives?: I did all the windows updates all at once and now when I try to access my drives it says NTFS? When I try to open the drives file names are not showing up either any quick fix to this? I can’t access the recovery options as well the buttons are not working there...
  5. NTFS Drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NTFS Drives?: I did all the windows updates all at once and now when I try to access my drives it says NTFS? When I try to open the drives file names are not showing up either any quick fix to this? I can’t access the recovery options as well the buttons are not working there...
  6. NTFS Drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. NTFS Drives?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Bitlocker requres NTFS but my drive is already NTFS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker requres NTFS but my drive is already NTFS: I am trying to turn on bitlocker for my main (C:) drive which us NTFS system. My second drive on which I have linux installed isn't obviously. Bitlocker says that I need to convert my filesystem to NTFS and try again. What is happening? submitted by /u/jeezuschristie...
  9. NTFS LOCK OF DRIVE.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NTFS LOCK OF DRIVE.: All of a sudden I have deleted the administrators access and now I have locked the drive and now I don't have access to the files and now they show me NTFS under the drive. There are some documents I need to recover the file. Please help me out. All the helps rendered will...
  10. How to unmount drive?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to unmount drive?: I mounted Anniversary Update.iso and successfully upgraded Win10. I further updated from 393.0 to 393.10. In both instances afterwards, the empty drive remained. How do I unmount it? Context menu offered no option. Disk Management doesn't list it at the top panel. While...