Windows 10: unmute

Discus and support unmute in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my guests are muted and I cannot unmute them or hear them when they unmute... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Damaris Kongo, Jul 10, 2024.

1. unmute

my guests are muted and I cannot unmute them or hear them when they unmute

:)

Damaris Kongo, Jul 10, 2024
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Can't unmute microphone?

Hi,

In general, the microphone is on mute. We'd like to clarify following steps that you've done and ask you a few questions:

• When you unmute the microphone, is it via Recording tab under
      Recording devices?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are there any newly installed applications that may have caused this?
    • Is this an on going issue or recent?

Erika Aro, Jul 10, 2024
  3. unmute microphone in taskbar

Hi Ruth,

This issue might have been caused by a misconfigured settings or incompatible driver. For us to unmute the microphone, please follow these steps:

• At the system tray, right-click on the volume icon.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • On the Sound window, make sure that you are on the Recording tab.
    • On the list of recording devices, double-click on your microphone device.
    • Properties window will open. Click on Levels tab.
    • Increase the Microphone slider to maximum.
    • Click the speaker icon next to it to unmute the microphone.
    • Click on Apply, and then click on OK to save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Huxley2k7 Win User

unmute

High pitched squeeking when mic is unmuted?

Just got a pair of Roccat Kave headphones, 5.1.

When i unmute the mic, i hear this very high pitched squeeking noise, which gets worse the louser i turn up my volume. This happens when unmuting from the remote on the headset and unmuting via the windows control panel.

Running them off realtek HD audio.

Any ideas?

Huxley2k7, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

unmute

1. unmute - Similar Threads - unmute

2. The sound button is muted on Lenovo Think Tack Windows 11 - How do I unmute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sound button is muted on Lenovo Think Tack Windows 11 - How do I unmute: How do I unmute sound on Lenovo Think Tank using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sound-button-is-muted-on-lenovo-think-tack/6fb0a77b-bcae-41ed-ba5a-a6c653512aa3
  3. The sound button is muted on Lenovo Think Tack Windows 11 - How do I unmute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The sound button is muted on Lenovo Think Tack Windows 11 - How do I unmute: How do I unmute sound on Lenovo Think Tank using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sound-button-is-muted-on-lenovo-think-tack/6fb0a77b-bcae-41ed-ba5a-a6c653512aa3
  4. unmute

unmute: my guests are muted and I cannot unmute them or hear them when they unmute https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmute/065df5d7-2e68-4983-b0d3-16bdef7db2ca
  5. can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function using window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function using window 10: After installing window 11 the problem that arise is cant unmute sound and my device touch pad stop function. And previously was using window 10 on same device hp Chromebook...
  6. can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function using window 10

can't unmute sound on my device and touchpad suddenly stop function using window 10: After installing window 11 the problem that arise is cant unmute sound and my device touch pad stop function. And previously was using window 10 on same device hp Chromebook...
  7. Win11: command-line utility to unmute system sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11: command-line utility to unmute system sound?: I'm looking for a way to unmute the system sound on my Windows 11 laptop via a BAT file, via an EXE file, or via something else that can be run from the command line.I don't want to have to interact with any screens or issue any mouse clicks. I just want to have some sort of...
  8. Win11: command-line utility to unmute system sound?

Win11: command-line utility to unmute system sound?: I'm looking for a way to unmute the system sound on my Windows 11 laptop via a BAT file, via an EXE file, or via something else that can be run from the command line.I don't want to have to interact with any screens or issue any mouse clicks. I just want to have some sort of...
  9. Win11: command-line utility to unmute sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11: command-line utility to unmute sound?: I'm looking for a way to unmute the system sound on my Windows 11 laptop via a BAT file, via an EXE file, or via something else that can be run from the command line.I don't want to have to interact with any screens or issue any mouse clicks. I just want to have some sort of...
  10. How do I unmute the volume on my laptop

How do I unmute the volume on my laptop: How do I unmute the volume on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unmute-the-volume-on-my-laptop/317526ba-5069-45ea-97b8-706a6412ab34