Windows 10: Unnamed and System processes eat up to 60% of my CPU

Discus and support Unnamed and System processes eat up to 60% of my CPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, I noticed that the "System" process and another unnamed process started using a lot of my CPU, which they didn't untill last weekend.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheKIHA, Sep 25, 2018.

1. TheKIHA Win User

Unnamed and System processes eat up to 60% of my CPU

Recently, I noticed that the "System" process and another unnamed process started using a lot of my CPU, which they didn't untill last weekend.

Unnamed and System processes eat up to 60% of my CPU 6b13b185-6189-4908-870c-aeb6beb0710c?upload=true.png

When I thought of ending the unnamed task, I opened it's location and it appeared to be svchost.exe, so I didn't end it because I don't want to mess with system's processes. This task uses about 30% of CPU at all times.

"System" process consumes CPU at random and when something is loading (like a game).

Before the unnamed task appeared, Windows Explorer was using a lot of CPU, even tho' no folders were open, just an empty screen and Task Manager, but when the unnamed task appeared (or should I say, when svchost.exe "remaned" itself), Windows Explorer calmed down.

When I opened Process Explorer and opened svchost.exe, I found...something using a lot of CPU:

Unnamed and System processes eat up to 60% of my CPU 91e4da60-b620-4bd7-a9b9-e435eccfb5bf?upload=true.png

If someone could help me calm down svchost and System, I'd really appreciate it, my PC went a lot slower since this happened.

:)

TheKIHA, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Imakuni Win User

System and compressed memory eating CPU cycles

As the title says, there is this thing called "System and compressed memory" which is just eating my CPU alive. It usually stays at around 5~6%, then alt-tab and it goes to 10~15%, and just goes bouncing all over the place (and it seems that using the computer
    just makes it worse).

So I have 2 questions:

• What is it ACTUALLY doing to require so much processing power?
    • How do I get rid of it for good? Task manager told me the "ntoskrnl" file is the orign of the process, and I'm almost to the point og deleting it to see if solves the issue, regardless of it breaking my OS....
    I've already tried a few solutions online, such as disabling the page file or "updating drivers" to no success.....

Imakuni, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Surface Book: SYSTEM process (ACPI.sys) eating 25% cpu

The high CPU usage on your PC can be caused by number of factors such as faulty system files, hardware, or driver issue. Kindly answer the following questions to helps us isolate the issue:

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10 operation system? Type
      winver in the Search box and press Enter
      to get this info.
    • Do you experience high CPU usage when booting your PC in safe mode?
    • Have you made any changes to the power settings on your PC?
    • Did you perform an overclock on your CPU?
    Also, we suggest that you create a test profile using the link below and check if it will also show high CPU usage:

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

You response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Unnamed and System processes eat up to 60% of my CPU - Similar Threads - Unnamed System processes

2. "System" takes 60-70% of my cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" takes 60-70% of my cpu: My cpu stabilizes when i dont do anything, but as soon as i watch a video or open a game, "System" pops up in task manager with 70% cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-takes-60-70-of-my-cpu/049a697e-8b63-4ad8-9364-4d42cdeb8a8c
  3. "System" takes 60-70% of my cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "System" takes 60-70% of my cpu: My cpu stabilizes when i dont do anything, but as soon as i watch a video or open a game, "System" pops up in task manager with 70% cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-takes-60-70-of-my-cpu/049a697e-8b63-4ad8-9364-4d42cdeb8a8c
  4. "System" takes 60-70% of my cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 eating up CPU

Svchost.exe in sysWOW64 eating up CPU: I have a windows 10 pc and I noticed something wrong in the task manager, there is an unknown program that's running 50-80% on the CPU, and Its located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64, I recently installed a game from my old hard drive which is a pirated game and I'm not sure if...
  6. Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth: I've been noticing that a windows process keeps eating my bandwidth. It's interrupting my online activities as it keeps all the bandwidth to itself. I've already set delivery optimization to a minimum and my internet is not that really great. I barely even get to 1mbps. What...
  7. Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth: I've been noticing that a windows process keeps eating my bandwidth. It's interrupting my online activities as it keeps all the bandwidth to itself. I've already set delivery optimization to a minimum and my internet is not that really great. I barely even get to 1mbps. What...
  8. Windows processes eats up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. "System" process eating CPU, 20H2

"System" process eating CPU, 20H2: Hi all, I've started noticing that the "System" ntoskrnl.exe process is constantly running a 7-10% CPU in task manager it will drop to 4% if i unplug my laptop, but still there. No matter if I leave my PC sitting there for hours doing nothing or if I use it, the System...
  10. GREP process find.exe consumes ~60% of the CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GREP process find.exe consumes ~60% of the CPU: Starting yesterday i have some process called GREP starting as soon as i log into Windows 10 and it consumes a ton of CPU, around 60% of an Intel 9900. Going to its location i end up in system32/find.exe. Google so far has produced 0 results on what that might be. I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unnamed app

2. 2click to run eating up CPU

3. unnamed file consumes all my cpu