Windows 10: Unnatural RAM usage

Discus and support Unnatural RAM usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop. Its a HP Spectre x360 with ryzen 5 processor and 8 GB ram. This is how my task manager look like in idle. [ATTACH] I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AymaanS, Dec 3, 2019 at 2:07 AM.

1. AymaanS Win User

Unnatural RAM usage

I bought a new laptop. Its a HP Spectre x360 with ryzen 5 processor and 8 GB ram. This is how my task manager look like in idle.

Unnatural RAM usage 5977386b-df76-455c-a9fd-f650aa5dcc8c?upload=true.png

I do not know what process iis constantly eating almost 3 gigs of my ram. Also I'm not sure why usable ram is not showing anything close to 8 GB and what is the cached ram.

Any help will be appreciated. I have already tried few solutions I found on internet like disable superfetch (which I do not have as one of my services), tweaking a few registry values etc.

:)

2. eshiejamz Win User
  3. knute97 Win User
    Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

4. Unnatural RAM usage

Suggestions to lower Memory/Ram usage?

Unnatural RAM usage [​IMG]

Thema:

Unnatural RAM usage

1. Unnatural RAM usage - Similar Threads - Unnatural RAM usage

2. High ram Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram Usage: Hi, my computer is using 6 to 7 GB of ram on idle. I have 32 GB installed on my laptop. Any suggestion? submitted by /u/gauravsood1991 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dubdln/high_ram_usage/
  3. ram usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ram usage: how can I know which applications are using much of my ram https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/d44fa670-4c66-4fa5-80f3-d96ab92a42a3
  4. Low ram usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low ram usage: I have recently installed 4gb additional ram, so now I have 8gb of total ram, but system shows that 3.65gb is usable, How to solve this problem?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-ram-usage/76d9ad30-c977-4c21-9166-3544f350ef06
  5. ram usage issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ram usage issues: hello everyone i think my laptops ram is behaving wrongly when it detects that i am using only 4.4% of the ram and the totall of usage is 56% while i have 8 gigabyte of ram? can any one explain please. 131037
  6. low RAM usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low RAM usage.: I am using windows 10 32-bit version. I have 2* 2GB RAMs installed. So, windows shows that i have 4GB RAM installed but beside it, it says 929 mb usable. (This didnt happen when i was using windows 7.I also dont have this problem in my desktop where i have same version of...
  7. 4.1gb RAM usage.

4.1gb RAM usage.: This is definitely not normal. My ram usage on idle has spiked so drastically, that it is using up half of my physical memory. [img] I only question why? Task manager does not show any specific application draining that much memory. The user uses up only 1.7GB of ram. The...
  8. high ram usage

high ram usage: most of the time i have ram usage like 40-60, but all of the processes are using like 400 mb and i have 4gb ram. [img] [img] [img] 21560
  9. High RAM usage

High RAM usage: I am not sure why windows is taking 6.4GB of memory I have only chrome running with four tabs opened. [img] [img] [img] 51057
  10. Massive RAM usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive RAM usage: Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but it's been a while since this is happening: This PC currently have 8 GB of RAM after playing/watching a few videos/browising the ram suddenly goes up to 85-95+% (70-75% the lowest) of usage and never goes...