Windows 10: unnecessary apps....how to know which ones to delete to create space for updates?

Discus and support unnecessary apps....how to know which ones to delete to create space for updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how to know which apps are needed/not needed...and can be deleted to free up space for windows updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SandraReed4, Dec 29, 2018.

1. unnecessary apps....how to know which ones to delete to create space for updates?

how to know which apps are needed/not needed...and can be deleted to free up space for windows updates.

:)

SandraReed4, Dec 29, 2018

2. Deleting unnecessary partitions

M: File system may have something to do with bitlocker but the C: is Bitlockered and its file system is okay.

Yes when you clean install Windows it creates a recovery. Your vendor also likely installed one. Didn't know that Macrium with Bitlocker did something special.

Strange on the command info. I too have Macrium in my boot menu and mine looks like this.

unnecessary apps....how to know which ones to delete to create space for updates? [​IMG]

For 14GB of space, and given you have so much free space on C: I think I would leave well enough alone.

1809 is out, maybe clean install it with the necessary deletes.

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Does anyone knows any file delete app?

Really?? I knew about the free space cleaner, but, about the secure delete for the recycle bin no, actually I'm trying to figure out how it works.

Please correct me if I'm wrong... I think that first I must setup the secure deletion feature in the "options" tab.
    Then to execute the secure deletion, I have to return to the "Cleaner" tab goto System > Empty Recycle Bin enable the check control and the run both, analysis and run cleaner.

Am I right?.

Regards. (screen shots below)

unnecessary apps....how to know which ones to delete to create space for updates? [​IMG]

neoroberto, Dec 29, 2018
  4. unnecessary apps....how to know which ones to delete to create space for updates?

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused unnecessary apps....how to know which ones to delete to create space for updates? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well unnecessary apps....how to know which ones to delete to create space for updates? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

unnecessary apps....how to know which ones to delete to create space for updates?

1. unnecessary apps....how to know which ones to delete to create space for updates? - Similar Threads - unnecessary apps ones

2. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  3. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?: I wanted to stop unwanted services from my task manager but want to know that which service is used by which app because I don't want to end a service which is important or I want that service....
  4. How to know which service belongs to which app? or which service is used by which app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creating space for updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating space for updates: hi guys! im new here and a techno idiot literally! how do i make more space on my windows 10 laptop for updates? ive deleted so much but still wont update.... am i missing something really obvious? PLEASE HELP...
  6. delete unnecessary files and apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete unnecessary files and apps: Delete unnecessary apps and files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-unnecessary-files-and-apps/3733fe49-cfd4-4a8e-910d-d6f70fa75751
  7. Deleting unnecessary partitions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deleting unnecessary partitions: So after some bad times the other week I have reinstalled windows. I now have some (probably ) unnecessary partitions. I really should have wiped the drive and started from scratch when I reinstalled Windows but hey ho. Which of these are safe to delete ? Presumably I will...
  8. Deleting an unnecessary UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting an unnecessary UPDATE: A tech operator deleted an update its been almost 7hrs so far says restoring registry and files how long could this take. A game I play won't play after loading that's why on remote session update was removed....
  9. Unnecessary Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unnecessary Updates: How do you stop Windows 10 Updates from retrying to install an update for printer that is not needed? 15132
  10. How To Find And Delete Unnecessary Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How To Find And Delete Unnecessary Files?: Hi all, I want to find and delete files that are taking up space. I mainly want to find large files that I'm unaware of. I've already run the Windows 10 app "Disk Clean Up" and it deleted about 2GB worth of files. Any help would be great! 67680