Windows 10: unnecessary use use of ram and cpu by windows app,how can i prevent this?

Discus and support unnecessary use use of ram and cpu by windows app,how can i prevent this? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; unnecessary use use of ram and cpu by windows app,how can i prevent this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sem Malhotra, Jul 5, 2020.

1. unnecessary use use of ram and cpu by windows app,how can i prevent this?

unnecessary use use of ram and cpu by windows app,how can i prevent this?

:)

Sem Malhotra, Jul 5, 2020

2. audiodg.exe using a lot of RAM and CPU

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?
    • Do you get any error code or error message while startup?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    Audiodg.exe [Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation] file hosts the audio engine for the operating system. So, this file is utilized for all the
    audio processing and Digital Signal Processing (DSP). Vendors are able to install their own DSP and audio effects into the audio pipeline, which are then processed by audiodg.exe.

In order to fix the high CPU usage, disable the audio enhancements processed by the audiodg.exe file. To disable the audio enhancements, try the following steps:

• Right-click the speaker icon in the right-hand notification area on the taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices from the menu. A list of devices should appear on the screen.
    • Double-click the device that has a green checkmark. The properties windows for that device should open.
    • Click the Enhancements tab at the top.
    • From the list of enhancements, uncheck all of them, or click the Disable all enhancements
      checkbox.
    • Click the OK button to save your changes and close the window.
    • Click OK to close the Playback Devices window.
    I also suggest you use Resource Monitor to monitor CPU usage.

Resource Monitor is a tool that you can use to monitor the usage of CPU, hard disk, network, and memory in real time.

You can use the Performance tab in Task Manager to see how your computer's CPU is being used by Windows and other programs running on your computer.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 5, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    How do I prevent Search from using CPU Time & Network in App History?

Hi, FWIW, this is what I see with nothing on screen related to Cortana:

unnecessary use use of ram and cpu by windows app,how can i prevent this? [​IMG]

If I launch it, about 88Mb RAM.

Note that in 1903, MS is making significant changes to the concept of Cortana, separating search from Cortana, which becomes speech activated only if I've read correctly. Can't quite see what they are aiming for.

For you, I'd suggest as your concerns here seem insignificant functionally, you may well see a difference with 1903.

dalchina, Jul 5, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How do I prevent Search from using CPU Time & Network in App History?

Hi, I'm not familiar with LTSB per se, however in Pro I found that disabling 'Hey cortana' eliminates some CPU use (corresponding to the warning that MS places with it about battery use) and also reduces most of the RAM use.

If you have such a setting, that may help you.

unnecessary use use of ram and cpu by windows app,how can i prevent this? [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. unnecessary use use of ram and cpu by windows app,how can i prevent this? - Similar Threads - unnecessary ram cpu

2. How do I prevent Windows Search from using up so much of my CPU whenever I use it?

in Cortana
    How do I prevent Windows Search from using up so much of my CPU whenever I use it?: Recently, WIndows Search has been giving me a lot of problems, from taking up the entire screen with a buffering wheel, freezing whenever I try to search something, and also making my whole screen go black. Turns out, whenever I make a small search, Windows Search uses up...
  3. How do I prevent Windows Search from using up so much of my CPU whenever I use it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent Windows Search from using up so much of my CPU whenever I use it?: Recently, WIndows Search has been giving me a lot of problems, from taking up the entire screen with a buffering wheel, freezing whenever I try to search something, and also making my whole screen go black. Turns out, whenever I make a small search, Windows Search uses up...
  4. How do I prevent Windows Search from using up so much of my CPU whenever I use it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RAM being used by invisible apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM being used by invisible apps: I have 8gb of ram 3000 speed this only started happening recently not sure what is taking up the ram but when you add up the percents and see how much is being used in total it doesnt add up right from what I can see on the processes it says all together when I count it that...
  6. High CPU and RAM use by Lanmgr Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High CPU and RAM use by Lanmgr Server: This is not good. The svchost.exe hosting lanmanager server is using up 2.5 mb per second. This has started around 2020-08-11 with the windows update. [ATTACH] I can kill the process but it will be reborn to eat more memory... Name PID Status Benutzername CPU...
  7. How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reduce unnecessary ram usage in windows?: Hi, so basically my computer either runs idle at around 55-65 percent of ram usage, or around 75% at other times. With no programs running it’s one or the other. I notice it’s usually the 75% whenever I run a resource heavy program and leave it idle for a long time, like an...
  8. can i use this ram in my this laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can i use this ram in my this laptop: Can i install this ram Crucial CT8G4SFS824A 8GB DDR4-2400 PC4-19200 CL-17 SODIMM in hp-15 BE012TU laptop as my second ram to get 12 gb of total ram . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-this-ram-in-my-this-laptop/6ef9b7a9-fdbc-4ae6-bd6c-3b928e4228d3
  9. How do I prevent Search from using CPU Time & Network in App History?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I prevent Search from using CPU Time & Network in App History?: Hello,I just installed yesterday Windows 10 LTSB for the first time. The last 4 years I've been using only Windows 8.1 Pro and prior to that Windows 7. I have noticed that under App history tab the Search is using 3 seconds of CPU time and 0.4MB of Network data it is also...
  10. Using Windows 8.1. Discovered that Windows Defender is hogging RAM unless I run unnecessary...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using Windows 8.1. Discovered that Windows Defender is hogging RAM unless I run unnecessary...: This has been weird, but I finally identified the culprit. My PC keeps slowing down. I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del, then Task Manager and look at Processes, and see that Antimalware Service Executable is using something like 1300 megs of RAM. I finally figured out that it was...