Windows 10: Unneeded or Unwanted windows update

Discus and support Unneeded or Unwanted windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently use windows 10 version 1809. I recently received an update for windows 10 version 1903. It of course does not download but is setting in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PhillipParris, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Unneeded or Unwanted windows update

I currently use windows 10 version 1809. I recently received an update for windows 10 version 1903. It of course does not download but is setting in security and updates advising me to retry or reinstall update. It will not install on my version no does it disappear. It just exist there like a big pimple on the end of your nose so what can I do to get rid of it.

:)

PhillipParris, Jun 24, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unneeded or Unwanted windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 24, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 24, 2019
  4. LinYu2 Win User

Unneeded or Unwanted windows update

Windows 10 unneeded updates

Thanks again. Very kind of you, I really appreciate it. I may consider the option you're suggesting now, in case it turns out that I cannot stop that unneeded update from showing up going forward. If I could avoid their showing up, I could then more easily
    "suffer" the present looks of the Update History, knowing it would not keep repeating itself...

Do you have any idea about why this update keeps being offered by Windows, in spite of the successive failures and in spite of the absence of any Samsung equipment in my network? It puzzles me.

LinYu2, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Unneeded or Unwanted windows update

1. Unneeded or Unwanted windows update - Similar Threads - Unneeded Unwanted update

2. deleting unneeded apps, programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting unneeded apps, programs: Want to 'lighten the load' by deleting stuff i don't need/want/use. Seem to have a million apps,programs & don't understand what to keep/delete. How do I do this without deleting something I want. I'm no expert, obviously, but hope someone can give me some help. Thanks much !...
  3. deleting unneeded apps, programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting unneeded apps, programs: Want to 'lighten the load' by deleting stuff i don't need/want/use. Seem to have a million apps,programs & don't understand what to keep/delete. How do I do this without deleting something I want. I'm no expert, obviously, but hope someone can give me some help. Thanks much !...
  4. Windows Update keeps trying to install unneeded .NET updates — and keeps failing and thus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps trying to install unneeded .NET updates — and keeps failing and thus...: Windows 10.0.17763.2366 64-bitInstalled .NET this day as follows:While .NET 5.0.12 KB5007884 was already installed, WU started a few days later, out of the blue, trying to install the previous version; i.e. .NET 5.0.11 KB5007051.It kept failing with error code 0x80070643, and...
  5. Windows Update keeps trying to install unneeded .NET updates — and keeps failing and thus...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update keeps trying to install unneeded .NET updates — and keeps failing and thus...: Windows 10.0.17763.2366 64-bitInstalled .NET this day as follows:While .NET 5.0.12 KB5007884 was already installed, WU started a few days later, out of the blue, trying to install the previous version; i.e. .NET 5.0.11 KB5007051.It kept failing with error code 0x80070643, and...
  6. Unwanted updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unwanted updates: How can I stop automatlc updates.Every tlme I update I can't get online anymore. It has something to do with May 2000 update messing up the proxy setting. I don't care. I'm perfeticly happy with windows the way it is.How can I stop the updates and schedulling of any future...
  7. unwanted updates to microsoft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unwanted updates to microsoft: I called Microsoft on 7/31/2020 because my computer is constantly subject to unwanted updates whenever it is one. I asked that Microsoft stop sending me mysterious and unwanted updates--some of which are effecting how my computer operates and adding unnecessary programs to my...
  8. unwanted update

unwanted update: I am continually getting an Android update dated 2016. It has downloaded and installed most days since Feb 2020....At least 100 times. How do I get rid of this pest? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-update/7b144f5f-37fb-4e52-9145-53bf98255b4a
  9. Unwanted, enforced windows updates.

Unwanted, enforced windows updates.: I am so raging angry at unwanted enforced windows updates. No matter how many times I turn them off on my spare laptop, which I use *only* to monitor my IP cameras, if I have to turn off the laptop or get a power cut, as soon as it restarts, the update starts again. The issue...
  10. Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 right after Win10 was released and, when I was trying to attach my HP 5740 Wifi printer using the driver cd, two updates appeared in the Windows Update dialog that will not install, nor can I remove them. Is there a way to get rid of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. list of unneeded windows updates