Windows 10: "unpause" an index rebuild

Discus and support "unpause" an index rebuild in Cortana to solve the problem; I paused an index rebuild and now I want to "unpause" it, but can't figure out how get it going again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CindyQT, Nov 16, 2018.

1. CindyQT Win User

"unpause" an index rebuild

I paused an index rebuild and now I want to "unpause" it, but can't figure out how get it going again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

CindyQT, Nov 16, 2018
  2. map77_1 Win User

How to unpause indexing in Windows 10

Big problem for me--the solution did not work--the indexing did not rebuild nor did it continue indexing--it is stuck on "pause" and pause is now greyed out. What can I do?

map77_1, Nov 16, 2018
  3. How to unpause indexing in Windows 10

Microsoft does not provide an Unpause or Resume option.

Do not Rebuild - this will rebuild the entire index from scratch again and can take a long time.

Go: Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Scroll down to Windows Search and Restart the service (upper left of the window)

Come on Microsoft! What are you thinking? Where is the Resume button? Is there anyone at home?

RichardNoakes, Nov 16, 2018
  4. "unpause" an index rebuild

How to unpause indexing in Windows 10

Thanks Richard. Not only did you solve my Unpause issue, but you also gave me the solution to my original problem that led me to toying with the Pause button in the first place.

Now, rather than rebuilding my whole index, i just restart the service and my missing emails now appear in my search.

YOU DA MAN, MAN!!

PS - Microsoft help is useless as usual. yeah. i want to wait hours for my rebuild to happen.....

Robert Katuna, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

"unpause" an index rebuild

1. "unpause" an index rebuild - Similar Threads - unpause index rebuild

2. Windows indexing rebuilding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows indexing rebuilding: Hi everyone ! I checked out other posts on the forum before posting here but here is the problem. I think I may have deleted the index location from my PC a while ago while tinkering around with something. After doing that, my indexing stopped working and I tried different...
  3. Cannot rebuild index

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot rebuild index: I'm trying to rebuild the search and index on my Windows 10 PC but it keeps pausing itself.I've tried the search and index troubleshooter to no avail.I've tried restarting Windows Search, which does unpause it, but it automatically repauses in 1-2 seconds.How do I rebuild my...
  4. rebuilding index

in Cortana
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  5. rebuilding index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  6. rebuilding index

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Problem rebuilding index

in Cortana
    Problem rebuilding index: Anyone else experiencing this problem?Cant resolve the issue with rebuilding its index? and restarting the windows search service? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-rebuilding-index/93b93c30-5d46-4038-abce-4b816e120c67
  8. Indexing Won't Rebuild

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Indexing Won't Rebuild: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UsheenMagwire [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdf5hd/indexing_wont_rebuild/
  9. Indexing keeps rebuilding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing keeps rebuilding: HI - all I have done for the last 5 days is work on Windows Index. It takes over a day to index my PC i7 with 16 Gig Ram including an external drive. In total 2m files. Now for the 3rd time, the index just rebuilds itself from scratch. I did a refresh install of Windows on...
  10. Rebuilding the Index problem.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rebuilding the Index problem.: I have a directory with lots of files and it sorts very slowly, so I rebuilt my index via "Indexing Options" hoping to get some performance improvements. Didn't work out the way I hoped. My context menu in File Manager is very slow when I choose NEW to create a new folder or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. indecing option alwsys pause

2. accidentally paused indezing

3. how to unpause windows indexing

4. unpause indexing windows,
  5. indexing is paused,
  6. how to fix windows search indexing paused,
  7. how to unpause outlook indexing ,
  8. unpause windows search,
  9. how to unpause indexing windows 10,
  10. windows unpause indexing,
  11. how to unpause indexing,