Windows 10: Unpin from quick access crashes explorer

Discus and support Unpin from quick access crashes explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Basically what the title says, if I unpin a pinned folder from the quick access menu, the explorer window closes abruptly and for a short moment the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mark Weerheim, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Unpin from quick access crashes explorer

Basically what the title says, if I unpin a pinned folder from the quick access menu, the explorer window closes abruptly and for a short moment the taskbar is blank; soon after it usually goes back to normal. What could be the problem? I've already Cleared and Restored Defaults in case that was the problem, but it didn't help.

:)

Mark Weerheim, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Can't unpin FTP location from Quick Access

I've pinned an FTP location to the Quick Access menu in Windows 10 Explorer, but now cannot unpin it.

To replicate:

1. Browse to an FTP location in Windows Explorer

2. Right-click "Quick Access"

3. Select "Pin current folder to Quick access"

4. Right-click the newly pinned folder

You should see that there is no option to unpin the folder. The context menu only offers the (greyed out) option to "Expand".

Notably, this pin only appears in Explorer and not in the jump lists (for example by right-clicking Explorer from the task bar).

How do I remove this pin?

alecgibson, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Unpin from quick access crashes explorer

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Unpin from quick access crashes explorer

1. Unpin from quick access crashes explorer - Similar Threads - Unpin quick access

2. Unpinning Folders From Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unpinning Folders From Quick Access: I don't know how to unpin files from the Quick Access bar. I sometimes don't like seeing them there every time I open up File Explorer, so I was wondering if there is a way to disable it.Here's some info:Windows 11Intel Celeron 4 coreIT-controlled so I don't know how this...
  3. Unpinning Folders From Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unpinning Folders From Quick Access: I don't know how to unpin files from the Quick Access bar. I sometimes don't like seeing them there every time I open up File Explorer, so I was wondering if there is a way to disable it.Here's some info:Windows 11Intel Celeron 4 coreIT-controlled so I don't know how this...
  4. Unpinning Desktop from Quick Access on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unpinning Desktop from Quick Access on Windows 11: I recently purchased a new laptop and it was shipped with Windows 11. I'm still getting used to the changes, but for some reason I cannot unpin my desktop from "Quick access". All other folders work normally, but the Desktop won't budge. Ideas?I'm happy to post more details...
  5. Cannot Unpin Documents from Quick Access on Exlporer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Unpin Documents from Quick Access on Exlporer: Why is it when I click unpin it won't go away?I think it is the onedrive documents folder but can't tell.It has folders I can't access like "My Music" "My Pictures" and My videosand a link to "Where are my files.What is this and how do I unpin it. It's cluttering my quick...
  6. How to unpin "OneDrive" from Quick accesses ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to unpin "OneDrive" from Quick accesses ?: When I press unpin nothing happens. When I try to open it, it says "This file does not have an app associated with it". I installed Onedrive, same problem. Its not a seperate Tab like "This PC" and "Quick accesses" its in "Quick accesses" tab with Descktop and downloads so...
  7. How to unpin "OneDrive" from Quick accesses ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unpin "OneDrive" from Quick accesses ?: When I press unpin nothing happens. When I try to open it, it says "This file does not have an app associated with it". I installed Onedrive, same problem. Its not a seperate Tab like "This PC" and "Quick accesses" its in "Quick accesses" tab with Descktop and downloads so...
  8. How to unpin "OneDrive" from Quick accesses ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can't Unpin a Symbolic Links from Quick Access in Explorer in Windows 10

Can't Unpin a Symbolic Links from Quick Access in Explorer in Windows 10: I've Pinned some Symbolic Links that Target another Symbolic Links, to the Quick Access sidebar . Now when i try to Unpin them, nothing happens ....
  10. Can not unpin folder from quick access.

Can not unpin folder from quick access.: [IMG][ATTACH] So I recently used the registry editor to get rid of Onedrive in my Documents, Downloads, Pictures, and Desktop folder. It used to look like this: C:\Users\linsj\onedrive\Documents\ now it looks like this: C:\Users\linsj\Documents\ Which is a good thing...