Windows 10: "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken

Discus and support "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi; i say it is broken because when we right-click on Edge and click UnPin, Nothing Happens! I've read posts that say i will have to alter xml files or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nubiewithatwist, Feb 20, 2020.

1. "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken

Hi; i say it is broken because when we right-click on Edge and click UnPin, Nothing Happens! I've read posts that say i will have to alter xml files or the like in order to remove Edge from the taskbar; we are not saavy enough to get into that type of fix. This is a bug. Will you please address it? Thank you

:)

Nubiewithatwist, Feb 20, 2020

2. Taskbar icons have changed - why? How do I fix them?

Hi Macabre,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Unpin and Repin the apps to the Taskbar.

Follow the below steps to Unpin and Repin the apps:

• Right click on the app form the Taskbar and select Unpin this program from the taskbar
      option.
    • Click on the Start icon.
    • Right click on the app which you want to pin to the Taskbar and select
      Pin to Taskbar
      option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 20, 2020
  3. How to Unpin Mail from Windows 10 taskband

Hello Justin,

Since none of the steps that you've done did not successfully remove the mail icon on the taskbar of your computer, we recommend that you follow the steps below on how to unpin an application on your taskbar:

• Search the application in your Start menu.
    • Right-click or press and hold on the application that you want to remove from the taskbar.
    • Click on More.
    • Click on Unpin from taskbar to remove it.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

"Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken

Taskbar on top layer (not position) in full screen mode

Hello,

Looks like you are having issue with your taskbar.

We recommend that you unpin all items from your taskbar and see if the issue persists.

Refer to the steps below to unpin apss from the taskbar:

"Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken 2568d4cb-eebf-4eaf-9f7d-494e6fd40266.png

• Right-click on the icon you want to unpin.
    • Select Unpin from taskbar.
    • Repeat process until all apps are removed.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

"Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken

1. "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken - Similar Threads - Unpin Taskbar option

2. Taskbar grouping option broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar grouping option broken?: I am still setting up my new W-11 laptop. I searched the configuration GUI for "combine" and found: "Customize how to group similar windows"It takes me to taskbar options but I don't see any way to "Group similar windows = NEVER" - like I have in W10?Having all my windows...
  3. Taskbar grouping option broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar grouping option broken?: I am still setting up my new W-11 laptop. I searched the configuration GUI for "combine" and found: "Customize how to group similar windows"It takes me to taskbar options but I don't see any way to "Group similar windows = NEVER" - like I have in W10?Having all my windows...
  4. Windows unpins apps from the taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows unpins apps from the taskbar: Hello,I would like to ask, if there is someone who has a problem with pinned application to taskbar. When I download app from Microsoft Store like Messenger or WhatsApp, I pin it to taskbar. However, when I run the app, it unpins and in Start Menu it shows something like...
  5. How can i unpin chrome from taskbar? there is no option to do this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i unpin chrome from taskbar? there is no option to do this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vickystarboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ia3yp0/how_can_i_unpin_chrome_from_taskbar_there_is_no/
  6. Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar: I have 2 apps (E-Mail and Edge) in taskbar that doesn't shows icons. It is so annoying that I cannot even Unpin from taskbar. I have done following without helping: * Uninstalled and Installed the app again * Unpined from Startmenu * Deleted %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet...
  7. Unpinning website pages from taskbar unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpinning website pages from taskbar unavailable: I was viewing some of the previous threads concerning this issue. I seem to only have the issue of not being able to unpin saved web pages from the taskbar. My apps still show the unpin option. As using the mentioned .bat file would remove all the taskbar saves, I don't...
  8. Unpin Search & task view from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unpin Search & task view from taskbar: Does anybody know how to unpin the search & task view from the taskbar? They take valuable space in the taskbar while they can easily be triggered with windows key shortcuts. 2279
  9. Can't unpin Microsoft Edge from taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Can't unpin Microsoft Edge from taskbar: Hello Matthew, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile You could do so by unpinning Microsoft Edge from the taskbar and Start menu, and setting whatever web browser you wanted to use instead as the default program instead....
  10. Can't unpin items from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin items from the taskbar: I can pin items to the taskbar but when I right click on an item I can't unpin. Only had this problem with 10240. 8606