Windows 10: Unpin in file explorer

Discus and support Unpin in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At work we use a remote desktop, which means that the right click in file explorer has been disabled. Is there any way I can remove items pinned to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Drnanogirl, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Unpin in file explorer

At work we use a remote desktop, which means that the right click in file explorer has been disabled. Is there any way I can remove items pinned to my quick start menu without it?

TIA

:)

Drnanogirl, Aug 13, 2019

2. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Unpin in file explorer

File Explorer not opening via pinned Taskbar icon on Windows 10

Hi Leon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I apologies for delay in reply. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to unpin the File explorer from the task bar and re-pin the File Explorer and check If issue is resolved. If issue persist, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Unpin in file explorer

1. Unpin in file explorer - Similar Threads - Unpin file explorer

2. UNPIN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNPIN: When i try to unpin the icon from the taskbar it stays there won't unpin?Also, why does my search open small to the right, not full screen?thank youtimmy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unpin/81aa6c7a-387e-4baf-a563-ef8416780177
  3. Cannot unpin Quick access network file share that is no longer available from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot unpin Quick access network file share that is no longer available from File Explorer: I have some network file shares that I pinned to my Quick Access area in File Explorer. The shares are no longer accessible because the machine that hosted them is gone unplanned. I'm trying to remove them from Quick Access, but when I right click to try to select the...
  4. Unpin from quick access crashes explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unpin from quick access crashes explorer: Basically what the title says, if I unpin a pinned folder from the quick access menu, the explorer window closes abruptly and for a short moment the taskbar is blank; soon after it usually goes back to normal. What could be the problem? I've already Cleared and Restored...
  5. Is the File Explorer icon meant to change like this from unpinning in 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the File Explorer icon meant to change like this from unpinning in 2004?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SaltyMargaritas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idv0wz/is_the_file_explorer_icon_meant_to_change_like/
  6. Issues with unpinning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with unpinning: [ATTACH] Lately I have been having this issue, where I try to unpin a program from the toolbar, but it just doesn't want to go. This only happens for these two programs though. As far as I know DS4Windows is just gone, therefor missing its reference. Thank you in advance....
  7. Cannot unpin an Excel file from the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot unpin an Excel file from the Taskbar: Long ago I pinned an Excel file to the Windows 10 taskbar. This means that if I right click on the Excel icon, which is also pinned to the taskbar, a pop-up list of file names appears with the pinned file at the top. The pinned file has an "Unpin from this list" icon beside...
  8. Can't unpin dead link to D:\ from File Explorer - Taskbar & Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin dead link to D:\ from File Explorer - Taskbar & Start Menu: When I right-click on the File Explorer icon either in the Taskbar or at the left edge of the Start menu, the context menu shows that "DATA (D:)" (without the quotation marks), one of my hard drives, is pinned. That's perfectly fine; I want that. But when I click on it, this...
  9. EDGE Unpinned

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE Unpinned: I have unpinned EDGE from my taskbar and now use FireFox. Edge is just too slow. - Delays during download - Slow Scrolling Microsoft need to understand the computer is all about delivering response to the end user. FireFox is much more responsive especially during...
  10. unpin this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unpin this: Hello. Anyone know how to unpin this. It somehow put tiles into another tile. Clicking the interior tiles makes them go outside the multi tile. What is this? Don't know how this was created. It appears to be a multi tile. How to unpin it? Thanks [img] 92864

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unpin file explorer from taskbar

2. how to unpinfrom file explorer