Windows 10: Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

Discus and support Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ijalabs, Aug 20, 2021.

1. ijalabs Win User

Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer /v "DisableEdgeDesktopShortcutCreation" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f" - created a bat file and ran this and it solved the issue. but now this option is not working so i have checked and found a new registry for fixing this and even that is not working "reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate /V "CreateDesktopShortcutDefault" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f" i tried the same way using bat or PowerShell but nothing is working still i am seeing the edge shortcut in the desktop still. tried creating new user profile also and still the same issue. Kindly suggest how to get this fixed. Thanks Bala

:)

ijalabs, Aug 20, 2021

2. Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open a webpage in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the three dots at top right corner.
    • Choose Open with Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click and click on create shortcut.
    • The shortcut shall open in Microsoft Edge, if it is your default browser.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 20, 2021
  3. SaraTee Win User
    Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

If I'm shopping away in IE and create a shortcut to that webpage on the desktop from IE, if I haven't cleared my cache, it remembers the stuff in my cart for the IE shortcut (for as long as the cookie is good, not just a shopping cart but other similar pages).
    I can't do this in Edge unless I create a Favorite for it IN Edge. Then there is no nice quick link from my desktop, I have to open Edge and select the Favorite. Used this many times with IE desktop links when Black Friday shopping.

Point is it's annoying because Microsoft wants Edge to be the default browser but then the Microsoft employee on here responds with the suggestion to send it to IE to create a Desktop shortcut. I'm using Edge on my Android phone and I can send a shortcut
    for a webpage to the Android Launcher - but I can't do the same with Edge on my Windows 10 computer?

It is a very basic task that should not require multiple steps of opening another application to create a desktop shortcut is the point I think of the OP.

SaraTee, Aug 20, 2021
  4. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop?

How do I put a SHORTCUT on the DESKTOP for Edge?

I know it's on the task bar but that is very small and some things I like to have large easy to hit icons on the desktop.

Under all previous versions of Windows ( well back a long way anyway ) you could right click on an entry in the Programs list and put a shortcut on the Desktop.

No more.

Can't do that anymore.

<removed>

Why <removed> did they take away the ability to put shortcuts on the Desktop and how do they get those shortcuts on the Desktop that are there?

* Moved from Insider

Arizona Willie, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

1. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users - Similar Threads - Unpin remove Edge

2. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users: Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add...
  3. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Browsers and Email
    Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users: Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add...
  4. To remove auto added "New Edge" shortcut from desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    To remove auto added "New Edge" shortcut from desktop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xgizmobratx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlps6b/to_remove_auto_added_new_edge_shortcut_from/
  5. Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.: Understand that microsoft launched the modern app(provisionedappxpackage) in-bulit app which cannot be removed. However i would like to check if there is any way to unpin/remove Connect & Edge from start menu. Start menu doesnt seems to have the option to unpin the in-bulit...
  6. Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting Microsoft Edge Shortcut from Desktop: Hello, This may seem like a stupid question but I was going to delete the Microsoft edge shortcut from my Windows 10 desktop and wanted to make sure I wasn't deleting the actual application. I remember when I was a kid I was cleaning my desktop and deleted what I thought...
  7. EDGE Unpinned

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE Unpinned: I have unpinned EDGE from my taskbar and now use FireFox. Edge is just too slow. - Delays during download - Slow Scrolling Microsoft need to understand the computer is all about delivering response to the end user. FireFox is much more responsive especially during...
  8. Can't unpin Microsoft Edge from taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Can't unpin Microsoft Edge from taskbar: Hello Matthew, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile You could do so by unpinning Microsoft Edge from the taskbar and Start menu, and setting whatever web browser you wanted to use instead as the default program instead....
  9. Shortcuts appearing on all users desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts appearing on all users desktops: Hello all, I've just bought a new computer with Win 10 installed of course *Smile I have the main user account as admin and I've set up two other user accounts for my kids, without admin. Whenever I install a new application a shortcut for that application gets...
  10. Unpin web shortcut from 'All apps' ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpin web shortcut from 'All apps' ?: Hi - playing around with Win10 I managed to pin a web shortcut to my All Apps menu, however it doesn't seem possible to remove it from there. A right click on it just gives options to pin to Start or Taskbar and a left click opens the web page. Pinning to Start/Taskbar leaves...