Windows 10: Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.

Discus and support Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Understand that microsoft launched the modern app(provisionedappxpackage) in-bulit app which cannot be removed. However i would like to check if there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JQ_8686, Jul 16, 2019.

1. JQ_8686 Win User

Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.

Understand that microsoft launched the modern app(provisionedappxpackage) in-bulit app which cannot be removed. However i would like to check if there is any way to unpin/remove Connect & Edge from start menu.

Start menu doesnt seems to have the option to unpin the in-bulit app. Please assist, by it be script or registry.

Thank you. Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu. [​IMG]

:)

JQ_8686, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

How to remove "connect" app?

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What exactly do you mean by Remove connect app?

• Do you want to unpin app from start menu?
    If you’re referring to unpin the app from Start menu follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key.

• Right click on the app which you want to remove.

• Select Unpin from start.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 17, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, Jul 17, 2019
  4. jc351226 Win User

Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

Thank you guys so much for the replies. So a bit of things I have tried was renaming the files so they should not launch. I have added the new file names in the GPO as restricted apps to not be able to be used but the edge app is still listed in the start menu. and just clicking on it rings up a dead edge window prompting you of the lack of internet connection. But if you type C:\ in the bar it will open a file explorer in the root of C. i have been fighting with this new image for about 2 weeks now. It is locked down very tight. And the final step is doing away with the Edge icon. If i could just permanently hide or delete that icon I would be thoroughly finished. Thank you so much for your replies and I did follow those steps which did help to a certain extent. But since the application is still installed I guess the app will be listed in the installed app listing.

jc351226, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu. - Similar Threads - Unpin remove connect

2. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  3. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  4. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unpin tiles from Start menu

Unpin tiles from Start menu: Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931
  6. unpin start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unpin start menu: i tried to reinstall my browser (firefox) so i uninstalled it but i can't unpin the shortcut i have in my start menu what's the solution? https://i.postimg.cc/5jc0DFvM/2.png forgot to add that when i click on it, nothing happens submitted by /u/djindjer [link]...
  7. Can't unpin from start menu

Can't unpin from start menu: A few months ago, I could unpin from start, but now when I unpin something, it comes back every time I shut down my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpin-from-start-menu/84d8eb39-c74d-45d0-b093-e167399f8d17
  8. EDGE Unpinned

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE Unpinned: I have unpinned EDGE from my taskbar and now use FireFox. Edge is just too slow. - Delays during download - Slow Scrolling Microsoft need to understand the computer is all about delivering response to the end user. FireFox is much more responsive especially during...
  9. Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start": Hi guys I work on win 10 pin to start & unpin to start was working normally and a few days ago i found that it's not exist anymore and when i perform a right click on a free space in start menu there's nothing happens [img] [img] [img] [img] 49409
  10. Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?: So, am I just stupid or when I right click an app and choose "Unpin from Start" the app is still in the Start Menu and works no problem, am I just missing something or there is no way to get rid of pinned apps ? Also I read somewhere that when you right click a blank space...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect app unpin

2. unpin edge from start menu