Windows 10: Unpin tiles from Start menu

Discus and support Unpin tiles from Start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kamiloxf, Mar 15, 2021.

1. kamiloxf Win User

Unpin tiles from Start menu

Hi,
    I have a question
    How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2

:)

kamiloxf, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Goke 007 Win User

Windows 10 - cannot delete or unpin a tile from the Start Menu

I have the same problem with 1 tile.

When I right-click on it, I get only 2 possibilities : "Unpin from start" and "Resize".

• Resize works OK
    • Unpin from start does nothing at all, the tile stays put as stubbornly as can be.

Goke 007, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - cannot delete or unpin a tile from the Start Menu

Hello,

Is there any "back door" way of removing a Windows 10 Start Menu tile? I can't get rid of one particular tile that’s pinned to my Start Menu in Windows 10. The method that should work, doesn't work.

• If I right-click that particular tile, I see the "Unpin from Start" option, but if I click that, the tile stays there.

If I right-click the tile again, I see the "Unpin from Start" option again, but if I click that again,... etc etc etc.

It's an unending circle. The tile is still there even after attempting to unpin it, then shutting down and restarting the PC.
    • This is a tile that was set up initially to point to a folder then named (let’s call it) "Folder OldName". I subsequently renamed that folder to (let’s call it) "Folder NewName".
    • It seems that this tile knows that there once was a folder named "Folder OldName", but now that the folder's been renamed, the tile can neither find nor forget the old folder name; and (perhaps for that reason) the tile won't allow itself to be unpinned.
    • I've searched everywhere, in the Windows Registry and on the C: disk, for anything still named "Folder OldName", hoping that I could delete any hidden references to it; but nothing shows up.
    • So I'm stuck with a tile that points to nowhere, that doesn't do anything, and that I can't remove in any way.
    Does anyone know, please, where the Start Menu keeps its "records" of Start Menu tile instances and properties, and how I can erase the relevant records and/or delete the problem tile?

Thanks in anticipation.

PatrickOfLondon (dev), Mar 15, 2021
  4. Unpin tiles from Start menu

Unpin Tiles

How to unpin tiles from start menu of

640XL?

Md. Umor Farooque, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Unpin tiles from Start menu

1. Unpin tiles from Start menu - Similar Threads - Unpin tiles Start

2. How to unpin a group of Tiles or Folders from Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to unpin a group of Tiles or Folders from Windows 10 Start Menu: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Pinning several tiles in Windows 10 is super easy, and the same can be said for unpinning tiles one-by-one. However, what if you’re the type of person with several tiles that you would prefer to get rid of with just [...] This post How to unpin a group of...
  3. Can't unpin from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't unpin from start menu: A few months ago, I could unpin from start, but now when I unpin something, it comes back every time I shut down my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpin-from-start-menu/84d8eb39-c74d-45d0-b093-e167399f8d17
  4. Default Start menu tiles all reappear after unpinning

Default Start menu tiles all reappear after unpinning: I am using Windows 10 home version. Recently I did the big upgrade. Afterward I unpinned all of the default tiles- Calender, Live Mail, My Office, Microsoft Store, and lots of "A great app is on its way" tiles, etc.- and replaced them with tiles from the start menu from...
  5. Can't unpin a tile from Start

Can't unpin a tile from Start: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro and can't unpin a tile from Start.. someone please??! 55130
  6. Unpin tile from "Start"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unpin tile from "Start": Hello,Cannot unpin an old tile from Start.Click on it does not open any program, right click on it has two options:Unpin from start - does not work, or Resize - working. I can also relocate it, but it refuses to go.Made a search on the internet, tried some answers but its...
  7. Windows Start menu - I can't unpin a blank tile

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start menu - I can't unpin a blank tile: I've had an invalid shortcut in: C:\Users\myUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and I removed it but the problem is that I didn't unpin it from the Start Menu first and now I'm stuck with a blank tile which I can move around and resize but can't...
  8. Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.: I'm unable to remove this tile from my Start Menu. It was a folder shortcut which was working fine until I changed the letter of the drive it belonged to. There are only two options when I right click, one is to unpin and the other is to resize the tile. I have tried pretty...
  9. Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu: Hello all, I love Windows 10. I really do. However, there's one slight nuisance that is really starting to get on my nerves. Every time I right-click a tile, select something such as "Unpin from Start," absolutely nothing happens. The tile remains, I can reshape it, move...
  10. Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?: So, am I just stupid or when I right click an app and choose "Unpin from Start" the app is still in the Start Menu and works no problem, am I just missing something or there is no way to get rid of pinned apps ? Also I read somewhere that when you right click a blank space...