Windows 10: Unpin web shortcut from 'All apps' ?

Discus and support Unpin web shortcut from 'All apps' ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi - playing around with Win10 I managed to pin a web shortcut to my All Apps menu, however it doesn't seem possible to remove it from there. A right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kenC, Nov 8, 2014.

1. kenC Win User

Unpin web shortcut from 'All apps' ?

Hi - playing around with Win10 I managed to pin a web shortcut to my All Apps menu, however it doesn't seem possible to remove it from there. A right click on it just gives options to pin to Start or Taskbar and a left click opens the web page. Pinning to Start/Taskbar leaves the shortcut in place in All Apps.
    Any ideas how to remove ?

:)

kenC, Nov 8, 2014
  2. TJ Girsch Win User

How to bind hotkey to an app like Calculator in Windows 10?

The calculator app doesn't have a "Create Shortcut" option when you right click on it. Only pin to/unpin from start and pin to/unpin from taskbar.

TJ Girsch, Nov 8, 2014
  3. #Jersern Win User
    Can't add shortcuts to all apps in start menu

I drop my shortcut into that folder and once again it only appears as a pinned tile in my start menu. It does not go into the all apps drawer. Trying to unpin the shortcut causes it to get deleted.

#Jersern, Nov 8, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

If you right click or Shift/right click on the item you should see 'Open file location', choose that and it will bring you to where the shortcut is stored then right click and delete it from there.

"Apps" Screen - Add or Remove Items in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 8, 2014
  5. kenC Win User
    I can't believe I never thought of clicking on 'Open File Location' ! That worked,of course.
    Thanks Edwin - and Brink for the link

kenC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unpin web shortcut from 'All apps' ? - Similar Threads - Unpin web shortcut

2. Is there a way to unpin an app from desktop, but not from start?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to unpin an app from desktop, but not from start?: Hi!I would like to know if there is a way for me to remove an app from my desktop. The only options I found to do that hid every app from view. Is there a way to just hide one? Thanks....
  3. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Browsers and Email
    Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users: Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add...
  4. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users: Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add...
  5. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Browsers and Email
  6. Windows unpins apps from the taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows unpins apps from the taskbar: Hello,I would like to ask, if there is someone who has a problem with pinned application to taskbar. When I download app from Microsoft Store like Messenger or WhatsApp, I pin it to taskbar. However, when I run the app, it unpins and in Start Menu it shows something like...
  7. Windows 10 unpinable phantom app taskbar shortcut

Windows 10 unpinable phantom app taskbar shortcut: Hey guys, a few days ago I installed the Deezer app from the windows store. I pinned it to my taskbar. After some update or something, the icon became transparent in the taskbar and wouldn't start the app, even though a right click would display "Deezer" and "Unpin from...
  8. Need help unpinning combined shortcuts from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help unpinning combined shortcuts from start menu: I had two settings shortcuts pinned to my Start menu. "Update and Security" and "Ease of access". Then, while using the touchpad, I dragged one of them over the other and the two shortcuts combined. > I cannot seperate them now > Clicking the combined shortcuts do not do...
  9. Can't unpin app from Start

Can't unpin app from Start: Hello, I can't unpin an app from the Start menu Here's a gif of what (doesn't) happen [img] 12581
  10. Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?: So, am I just stupid or when I right click an app and choose "Unpin from Start" the app is still in the Start Menu and works no problem, am I just missing something or there is no way to get rid of pinned apps ? Also I read somewhere that when you right click a blank space...