Unplug hard drives to get Windows 10 upgrade to behave

Discus and support Unplug hard drives to get Windows 10 upgrade to behave in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; If you are trying to upgrade to Windows 10, but keep getting the cyptic error code of 80070002, it could be time to open your box and unplug some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Unplug hard drives to get Windows 10 upgrade to behave - TechRepublic

:)

Borg 386, Aug 10, 2015
  2. Anthony Philipp Win User

Tried to install Windows 10, got error C1900101-20004

After many months with the same issue, I finally took the advice of several folks on this board. Specifically I unplugged my second internal hard drive (I believe this was the issue) and the DVD player. Once I did that the upgrade was fairly quick. My
    guess is that most people don't have two hard drives and that the upgrade software gets confused by it. Either that or a driver for the DVD player or hard drive wasn't available until Windows 10 was installed and could connect to download it. Either way, surprising
    that Microsoft still hasn't fixed that given my computer is less than 2.5 years old.

Anthony Philipp, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Mike_67 Win User
    External drive doesn't start at Win 10 boot

Hello,

I have a Western Digital external hard drive that has begun to act up with Windows 10. When I turn on my computer, all internal drives come up and everything behaves as expected. The external drive does nothing. No lights, doesn't spin up....nothing.
    If I unplug the power cord and plug it back in it spins up and a File Explorer window opens so I can get to the files on the drive. Everything works as expected, Device Manager says the drive is working normally, driver is up to date, etc. Next time I start
    my computer, I have to disconnect and reconnect the power again to get the drive to start.

I'm guessing a setting has changed but I don't know where to begin to look. A little help please.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike_67, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Unplug hard drives to get Windows 10 upgrade to behave

Unplug hard drives to get Windows 10 upgrade to behave - Similar Threads - Unplug hard drives

1. BSOD when I unplug Mouse or USB-C Hub

in Windows 10 News
    BSOD when I unplug Mouse or USB-C Hub: I just bought an ASUS Q325UA 2in1 Laptop. Everything works fine until I try to unplug my mouse from the supplied USB-C to USB/HDMI hub as well as from another USB-C to USB/VGA hub. I've attached my dump files. Thanks in advance for the help. Attachment 142664 88268
  2. microsoft keyboard will not turn off screensaver unless I unplug usb

in Windows 10 News
    microsoft keyboard will not turn off screensaver unless I unplug usb: Screensaver is on. I touch a button on the keyboard and nothing happens. If I unplug the USB radio and replace it, then it works. 95800
  3. WiFi always stops working after boot, have to unplug adapter

in Windows 10 News
    WiFi always stops working after boot, have to unplug adapter: ... and plug it back in, to get internet working again. What happens usually is that I log in, and the internet is working, but not connected. I have it set to automatically reconnect to my WiFi, but it never does. I have to manually connect it. Then a few minutes later, I...
  4. Unplugged Monitor -> Windows + Games are since somewhat "laggy"

in Windows 10 News
    Unplugged Monitor -> Windows + Games are since somewhat "laggy": The title is somewhat wrong or misleading as I cannot explain it this short. Basically, I had just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro for the third time after having had issues with first my massive sound setup drivers (they need to be in a specific order, etc), and then had...
  5. Windows 10 full reset and laptop unpluged in the end

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 full reset and laptop unpluged in the end: Hello i have big problem last night i started full resetting my windows 10 and i leaved to sleep in 3am it was 50% reseting and i wake up today in 2 pm i see someone unpluged my laptop and obviesly it turned off because no battery and now i turn on the laptop and this is what...
  6. Setting up a wired connection, "network cable unplugged" error showing

in Windows 10 News
    Setting up a wired connection, "network cable unplugged" error showing: Hello Today I bought a Ethernet cable to use however I am having problems setting it up. I've updated my driver for 'Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller' and I have followed some guides and threads on the internet, but nothing I have tried has worked. [img] I have...
  7. Windows 10 full reset laptop unplugged at the end

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 full reset laptop unplugged at the end: Hello i have big problem last night i started full resetting my windows 10 and i leaved to sleep in 3am it was 50% reseting and i wake up today in 2 pm i see someone unpluged my laptop and obviesly it turned off because no battery and now i turn on the laptop and this is what...
Unplug hard drives to get Windows 10 upgrade to behave solved