Windows 10: Unplugged power cable black screen

Discus and support Unplugged power cable black screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay so I was playing then I unplugged my power cable. It then showed a thing that was updating or something it was at 2/3 but it was stuck on the 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Panda_Sap, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Unplugged power cable black screen

Okay so I was playing then I unplugged my power cable. It then showed a thing that was updating or something it was at 2/3 but it was stuck on the 2 for ages so I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Then there was just a black screen with my cursor. I could move it but it was just a black screen. So I force restart then while it was loading it was stuck on the “please wait” and it currently still is. I don’t know what to do please help.

submitted by /u/Panda_Sap
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Panda_Sap, Jan 13, 2021

2. Laptop screen blacks outs for a second when plugging an unplugging power cable

Hello Aiden,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the laptop screen turns off when plugging/unplugging power cable.

I would suggest you to refer to the below referred methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Power option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

Method 2

Reset the power option settings in Windows. Follow the below steps.

1. Press Windows key + X from the keyboard.

2. Choose Command prompt from the context menu.

3. In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
    and press Enter.

4. Exit command prompt.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Unplugged power cable black screen

black screen on bootup, fixed by unplug and replug HDMI cable

So every time I boot my computer, my monitor doesn't recognize that there's any signal coming from the computer and immediately goes into the "low power" / power saving mode. This is "fixed" by unplugging and plugging back in my HDMI cable from my graphics card, meaning the screen wakes up and I can see my desktop after I plug the cable back in. I have no idea what's causing this, but I'd really like to fix it for real.

-I do not have onboard graphics on my CPU.
    -I recently had a "preparing automatic repair" loop issue that was only solved by doing a windows 10 reset, not a full reinstall of the OS. this is when the black screen on boot issue started and it continues to happen after the reset.
    -I am running the currently most up to date graphics driver, nvidia 416.34
    -I have disabled "fast boot" both in my bios and in windows power options.

Shananigans, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Unplugged power cable black screen

1. Unplugged power cable black screen - Similar Threads - Unplugged power cable

2. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable: I have an Asus Rog Strix G513 2022. I downgraded to Windows 10, AMD ryzen 4800, also with a graphic card NVIDIA GEforce 3050.After i have reformat my computer, my laptop screen will be blank when i turned on the laptop.The screen will only have display if i connect it with a...
  3. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable: I have an Asus Rog Strix G513 2022. I downgraded to Windows 10, AMD ryzen 4800, also with a graphic card NVIDIA GEforce 3050.After i have reformat my computer, my laptop screen will be blank when i turned on the laptop.The screen will only have display if i connect it with a...
  4. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen after unplugging power cord help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after unplugging power cord help: I unplugged the power cord to move my pc somewhere else in my house and when it started up, there was a black screen with windows logo but no loading dots please tell me how to fix this [IMG]...
  6. network cable unplugged

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network cable unplugged: W10 18363.535 just updated computer #3 today and noticed afterwards while trying to connect to network, I get the "network cable unplugged" message. Did the usual re-plugging, changed the cable, same results. Finally worked over to the network adapter and after a while...
  7. Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged

Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged: Like the title says, it says ethernet unidentified and then unplugged all within 2 seconds and it keeps happening again, and again, I can fix this by going to adapter properties then qos packet scheduler - > configure - > advanced and change speed & duplex to 10mbps half or...
  8. black screen on bootup, fixed by unplug and replug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    black screen on bootup, fixed by unplug and replug HDMI cable: So every time I boot my computer, my monitor doesn't recognize that there's any signal coming from the computer and immediately goes into the "low power" / power saving mode. This is "fixed" by unplugging and plugging back in my HDMI cable from my graphics card, meaning the...
  9. Ethernet cable unplugged

Ethernet cable unplugged: Hello guys i am having problem with my Ethernet connection. When i connect the cable to the computer nothing happend and if i try to do a troubleshoot it say that there is no calbe pluged. I bought the cable 6 hours ago so it is a new one. The think is i press to reset the...
  10. Network cable unplugged

Network cable unplugged: Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I have just moved into a new home and i am having issues connecting to the internet through a wired connection. Wfi works but id rather use the wired connection since i have it . The house is wired for Cat 5e. I have an ASUS...