Windows 10: Unplugging/Plugging USB peripherals causing GPU issue (very weird)

Discus and support Unplugging/Plugging USB peripherals causing GPU issue (very weird) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This is a weird one, here goes: With my Windows 10 PC with a GTX960 GPU installed turned off, I will go and grab my keyboard or wireless mouse dongle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rollingsound, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Unplugging/Plugging USB peripherals causing GPU issue (very weird)

This is a weird one, here goes:

With my Windows 10 PC with a GTX960 GPU installed turned off, I will go and grab my keyboard or wireless mouse dongle from my attached powered USB 3.0 hub. I will then plug those items back in, then turn the PC on and I get an issue where my GPU's drivers don't load properly and I get a bare bones resolution screen presented to me when Windows 10 launches. When I go to Device Manager my GPU shows this message:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

OK, so the normal fix for that is run graphics driver uninstaller and start fresh, so I did that and nothing changed.

When I toy with turning the powered hub on and off before or after several reboots some times things return to normal but when I go to reboot with the hub left turned on, upon booting back up again the problem shows up without fail.

I have no clue why the USB hub is in play when it comes to the GPU. I updated my mobo BIOS just in case but no change.

Any ideas?

:)

rollingsound, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Zack_L-P Win User

Extremely bizarre issue where headphones don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in

I was going through your suggestions, until I got to this part. When I got to step 16 on that list (create a new admin user account and see if the problem persists in that account), I tried that suggestion and created a test account. At first, when I plugged
    in my headphones they weren't working (same as my original problem). But then when I unplugged them a Windows notification message popped up in the bottom right, saying something along the lines of "an audio device was disconnected". I plugged my headphones
    back in and got the same kind of windows popup asking what type of device I just plugged in, and I selected the headphone option. After that, the headphones worked fine even when unplugged and plugged back in. Unfortunately, they are only working fine in that
    alternate user account, and not in my normal one.

So I guess that means that the problem lies somewhere in my account settings, but how on earth do I fix it?

Zack_L-P, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Audio peripheral is unplugged

Sound drivers are working properly but the audio peripheral is unplugged. How do I resolve this

samuelkebati, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Unplugging/Plugging USB peripherals causing GPU issue (very weird)

USB keyboards become unresponsive after unplugging/plugging three times

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Run USB Troubleshooter.

Run the troubleshooter and diagnose Windows USB problems by following the

article
    which automatically fixes the USB issue.

Step 2: Create a Restore point and uninstall
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Create a system restore point before make any major changes onto the computer to make sure that we do not mess up with it. You may go through the article on how to

create a system restore point.

After creating a restore point, go to device manager and uninstall the USB controllers.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers (You might have to scroll down the list to find this item).
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 3 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If you still have issues, go to the manufacturer’s website and update the chipset drivers.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Unplugging/Plugging USB peripherals causing GPU issue (very weird)

1. Unplugging/Plugging USB peripherals causing GPU issue (very weird) - Similar Threads - Unplugging Plugging USB

2. USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in: Hola,No funciona correctamente el plug and play con mi telcadoNormalmente los dispositivos USB son "Plug & Play", debería conectarse si se desconecta y se enchufa, pero no fue así. El teclado funciona, así que intente reiniciar la máquina con el teclado ya conectado. En ese...
  3. Random usb plug and unplug sounds

Random usb plug and unplug sounds: Hi, recently there have been some random usb plug/unplug sounds in my pc and when i check with usbdeview, i find this unknown usb device sometimes keeps connect then disconnect for like 5 seconds then completely disconnect. I wanna know how to fix this, ty for any help.Here...
  4. Random usb plug and unplug sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random usb plug and unplug sounds: Hi, recently there have been some random usb plug/unplug sounds in my pc and when i check with usbdeview, i find this unknown usb device sometimes keeps connect then disconnect for like 5 seconds then completely disconnect. I wanna know how to fix this, ty for any help.Here...
  5. Random usb plug and unplug sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  7. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  8. USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in

USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in: Hi, I am using this PC HP for 2 years with same USB keyboard Dell, suddenly yesterday the keyboard was not working, normally USB devices are "Plug & Play" it should connect if unplug and plugged-in but it didn't work so give a try to reboot the machine then keyboard...
  9. Audio peripheral is unplugged

Audio peripheral is unplugged: Sound drivers are working properly but the audio peripheral is unplugged. How do I resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/audio-peripheral-is-unplugged/6c4273b4-1e66-48b3-8257-286233b89264
  10. Very very weird issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Very very weird issue: I bet you never heard of that... every time i turn on the computer, everything runs slow, very slow, like if in place of my Samsung 850 pro SSD, there would be a floppy disk unit... but, and this is the weird part, if I launch an utility called passmark performance test,...