Windows 10: Unplugging power before the PC boots into the USB stick. Can it corrupt files?

Discus and support Unplugging power before the PC boots into the USB stick. Can it corrupt files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How would I know? I've unplugged the PC 2 seconds after booting it by mistake. It didn't get to enter into the stick boot, but I wonder if it could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dadybosma, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Unplugging power before the PC boots into the USB stick. Can it corrupt files?

How would I know? I've unplugged the PC 2 seconds after booting it by mistake. It didn't get to enter into the stick boot, but I wonder if it could deal damage. I am seeing the setup worked without any errors and it gets the updates after the windows installation.

submitted by /u/dadybosma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dadybosma, Feb 23, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 23, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Tutman Win User

Unplugging power before the PC boots into the USB stick. Can it corrupt files?

Strange usb stick/keyboard issue

Sounds like the one USB stick may have some corruption issues or drawing too much power? One suggestion is that you could take the keyboard and plug in the back non 3.0 usb port? It is going to waste on a keyboard when you could have that slot open anyways for high speed transfers! Just a suggestion. Or also try copying the files all the one USB stick and reformat it and then copy the files back and try again. Hope the ideas help!

Tutman, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Unplugging power before the PC boots into the USB stick. Can it corrupt files?

1. Unplugging power before the PC boots into the USB stick. Can it corrupt files? - Similar Threads - Unplugging power before

2. I can not extract files in a USB stick.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not extract files in a USB stick.: Whenever i try to extract a file in a USB stick, it always gives me this error:How do i fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-extract-files-in-a-usb-stick/184b92dd-75f5-4361-a034-6f48daf1f7ca
  3. I can not extract files in a USB stick.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not extract files in a USB stick.: Whenever i try to extract a file in a USB stick, it always gives me this error:How do i fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-extract-files-in-a-usb-stick/184b92dd-75f5-4361-a034-6f48daf1f7ca
  4. Laptop corrupting after unplugging from power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop corrupting after unplugging from power: Frequently, after unplugging my laptop, it makes a loud buzzing sound and then proceeds to work - except with files corrupted fixed with sfc /scannow. This causes weird and colourful display blackouts and occasionally crashes. It also breaks my network adapter, after which I...
  5. Laptop corrupting after unplugging from power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop corrupting after unplugging from power: Frequently, after unplugging my laptop, it makes a loud buzzing sound and then proceeds to work - except with files corrupted fixed with sfc /scannow. This causes weird and colourful display blackouts and occasionally crashes. It also breaks my network adapter, after which I...
  6. Laptop corrupting after unplugging from power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Did not eject USB HDD before unplugging it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Did not eject USB HDD before unplugging it...: The USB HDD was idle...it was not doing anything and I unplugged it without ejecting it..all of the files were closed and not accessed by any program...Could some files get corrupted ? Another Question...If I have a file open on the USB HDD or if something is being written...
  8. Doesn't recognise boot file in the USB stick

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doesn't recognise boot file in the USB stick: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ny0l92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g50o2l/doesnt_recognise_boot_file_in_the_usb_stick/
  9. My files in USB stick got corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files in USB stick got corrupted: While browsing files on my USB stick (where I worked all my projects off here), I noticed that some files were corrupted, like the ones made from March 1, 2019 to March 15, 2019. The reason is likely because I didn't safely eject the USB stick. I moved the files that are...
  10. Any way to fix corrupt files from USB stick ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to fix corrupt files from USB stick ?: Is this possible ? Ran both programs multiple times .. Ran cc cleaner to get rid of bad registry entries . Nothing is working . Used the media creator and burnt a USB stick . Is there a way to fix corruption with this ? The drive letter for the USB stick is L. Any assistance...