Windows 10: unpredictable and inaccurate touch response.

Discus and support unpredictable and inaccurate touch response. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Adjustment on my touch PC isn't precise and unpredictable. In spite of self troubleshooting its not ready to fix. For instance when I press left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NovieSahab, Sep 27, 2020.

1. unpredictable and inaccurate touch response.

Adjustment on my touch PC isn't precise and unpredictable. In spite of self troubleshooting its not ready to fix.

For instance when I press left corner it doesn't react there rather something different gets active.

I have done windows update and touchscreen driver reinstallation.

HP Pavilion 15 cs3096nr

• Windows 10 Home 64
    • 10th Generation Intel Core™ i7 processor
    • NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250
    • 16 GB memory; 512 GB SSD storage

:)

NovieSahab, Sep 27, 2020
  2. yemnee Win User

L930 display - Inaccurate response

Hi,

a few days ago I switched from Lumia 820 to shiny green Lumia 930 (Denim Update) and although it´s a great phone, one thing annoys me:

bad/inaccurate response of the display to fingertouch

e.g. I can hardly pull down the notification bar (action center) for the first attempt, rather

third/fourth or touch on the number of updates in Store (it´s almost impossible).

It seems, that this inaccurate responses are on the edges of display.

I´m unpleasantly surprised because on my two years old Lumia 820 there was no problem at all.

Has anyone experienced similar symptoms?

yemnee, Sep 27, 2020
  3. aejin Win User
    Lumia 535 touch screen is inaccurate, unreliable

I just bought my lumia 535 yesterday and i have been very disappointed with its touch screen response. It's affecting gaming, typing or any form of touch interactions because either my press/touch do not register (which would then lead to me to keep pressing
    until i get the response) or it's registering but (inaccurately so) on different adjacent areas.

Example woud be tapping N on the keyboard would get me SPACE, pressing M gives me the period sign, tapping backspace would give me enter or M or sometime nothing although i am pretty sure i could not have missed those keys on the lumia 535's relatively big
    screen. What's worse is pressing those tiny ellipsis to bring out the menu for more settings is proving to be so challenging becAusr of the touch issue.

I rhink the touch screen needs a proper callibration for touch inputs because right now thr phone is givibg erratic and inaccurate responses.

I came from an older lumia 620 that even has a smaller screen area but i never experiened such problem.

aejin, Sep 27, 2020
  4. unpredictable and inaccurate touch response.

Win 10 Touch Screen Inaccurate in Clone

I have a Windows 10 machine with a built-in touch screen. When I connect a second display the system defaults to extend mode then I switch it to clone mode with the touch screen set as primary.

The issue is my touch screen becomes inaccurate. It behaves as if it is set to a different resolution than the display. Middle screen touches are more or less correct and the touch gets further off as you get closer to the edge of the screen.

Drivers:
    Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.10.4252
    Touch Screen appears to not have a driver installed, from what I can tell Windows is taking care of it. I did try to install Penmount but saw the same behavior so it was uninstalled.

Touch screen calibration under pen and touch settings does not work as it is not possible to touch the calibration cross hairs at the edge of the screen.

One fix was to put the unit back in extend mode, use setup in tablet settings, select my touch screen, then put it back in clone mode.

I need to better understand what is causing the touch screen to become inaccurate and hopefully find a way to stop this from happening. This will ultimately become a medical device in sort of a kiosk mode. It will be connected to a wide range of external displays that I will know nothing about.

OverMyHead, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

unpredictable and inaccurate touch response.

1. unpredictable and inaccurate touch response. - Similar Threads - unpredictable inaccurate touch

2. Windows BSOD Crashing Unpredictably

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD Crashing Unpredictably: Good dayMy PC is crashing unpredictably and increasing in frequency over the past few months. It happens more often when I play Dota 2 Legion TD Reborn arcade games.It crashes seldomly on low loads or idle but it still does, unpredictably.I get WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR as the...
  3. Windows BSOD Crashing Unpredictably

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD Crashing Unpredictably: Good dayMy PC is crashing unpredictably and increasing in frequency over the past few months. It happens more often when I play Dota 2 Legion TD Reborn arcade games.It crashes seldomly on low loads or idle but it still does, unpredictably.I get WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR as the...
  4. Taskmanager inaccurate downloadspeed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskmanager inaccurate downloadspeed: Hello,I am using a 1GBPS up/down connection, and i am currently downloading something and it downloads at 10-30mb/s and i understand thats probably the limit from the source. However i do not understand why the taskmanager says i am downloading 100mbps in the performance tap...
  5. Taskmanager inaccurate downloadspeed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskmanager inaccurate downloadspeed: Hello,I am using a 1GBPS up/down connection, and i am currently downloading something and it downloads at 10-30mb/s and i understand thats probably the limit from the source. However i do not understand why the taskmanager says i am downloading 100mbps in the performance tap...
  6. Unpredictable behavior

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unpredictable behavior: If, say, I open Documents in File Explorer, whenever the cursor is in the window, the files start scrolling down to the bottom of the list. It stopsif I move the cursor away from the window.If I open a spreadsheet, the columns begin to scroll out to columns like AXY. It's...
  7. Task Manager inaccurate?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager inaccurate?: Hi I'm currently troubleshooting a Win10 laptop with an extremely slow startup and using Task Manger to see what's using the resources. Now according to Task Manager/Processes the disk is running at 99% but in the list there's less than 3Mb in use! So how is it giving me...
  8. Inaccurate ICONS on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inaccurate ICONS on Taskbar: Yesterday my Sound Icon was appearing with a red "X" Icon. So I wondered. I have sound, but I ran the troubleshooter and it said my sound was disabled because of failure to install the Endpoint. Well, I checked logs in event viewer. And no failure to install was present. So...
  9. Headphone sometimes wont work unpredictably?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone sometimes wont work unpredictably?: Hey there. Recently I have upgraded to Windows 10. I am experiencing an issue where sometimes when I plug in my headphones, there will be no audio coming from them even when Im playing music on the computer. The music always plays fine from the speakers. The music...
  10. Windows 10 Touch response is not smooth as compared to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Touch response is not smooth as compared to Windows 7: Hi, I have installed Windows 10 LTSB 2016 x64 customized OS on the tablet PC and observed that the touch is not smooth as compared to Windows 7 OS (WES7). Some of the touch events tried..selecting the folder to highlight and double touch the folder to open..etc., I would...