Windows 10: Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw

Discus and support Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; RDR_FILE_SYSTEM is pointing to your memory. After you have the results of MemTest86+ (8 passes at least) please do the following for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tehsaccade, Aug 31, 2015.

1. axe0 New Member

Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw

RDR_FILE_SYSTEM is pointing to your memory.

After you have the results of MemTest86+ (8 passes at least) please do the following for the kernel_security_check_failure

Unpredictable and random BSODs -  Frustration Factor: Chainsaw [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

A windows driver is blamed in a crash, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

2. Hello,

I will do the memtest tonight and tomorrow.
    There was only 1 other blue screen today so far, DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL.
    Thanks again - speak to you in a few days.

tehsaccade, Sep 2, 2015
  3. axe0 New Member
    OK, if you want to know what possibly caused that bluescreen just upload a new zip file
    Or wait until you have the results of the tests, it is your call *Smile

4. Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw

Thanks - the zip is on the machine that is doing another 15 hours of memtest *Tongue

A question - I noticed that the average temp of the CPU when running the memtest is about 60 degrees C. This seems to be quite high for such a light load and I wondered that maybe, if the CPU is this hot when doing a test like this, it is running a little too hot for heavier loads like with media encoder and the like..? Can overheating like this show as memory errors, if the machine is straining with high temps?

Maybe it is worth checking the CPU after this, and to make sure the heatsink is on firmly and change the paste.

Do you know what the average temp ought to be for a CPU performing memtest..?

tehsaccade, Sep 3, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    It is a normal temperature, you don't have to worry about it.
    If the temperature comes above 80C, then it is worth checking.

The average temperature for the CPU is around 30C to 70C, depending on how well your cooling system performs and how much heat the CPU generates.

Only when stress testing the CPU, or under heavy load (playing a heavy gam), then the temperature will raise quickly.

6. 9 passes and memtest reported zero errors.

Running driver verifier and leaving idle for a bit.

No crashes in the past hour *Smile

tehsaccade, Sep 4, 2015
  7. Thinking of cooling, today I was trying to upgrade a samsung r780 laptop to win 10 (it has been "broken" for a few years, as the power cord was missing). It would switch off, no warning, when it entered the verify download stage of the windows 10 upgrade.

Turned out it was overheating at the same point (a reported issue with some laptops and notebooks), so it is sitting in the refrigerator doing the install right now *Tongue

It works a treat, and the wireless signal seems to be fine in there...

tehsaccade, Sep 4, 2015
  8. Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw

Hi,

The driver verifier was started, but it was a while before a blue screen. It was a double blue-screen.
    MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS.

There is a zip from today.

I have not stopped driver verifier.

tehsaccade, Sep 4, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    The latest crash was not caused by driver verifier.
    I can't find anything related to driver verifier.

I'll check now the other files.

10. axe0 New Member
    Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

In 1 of the new crashes, there is 1 driver that is 3 years old.
    Name and location
    MotioninJoy Virtual Xinput device Filter Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\mijxfilt.sys

Code: 1: kd> lmvm MijXfiltstart end module name fffff800`af500000 fffff800`af522000 MijXfilt T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: MijXfilt.sys Image path: MijXfilt.sys Image name: MijXfilt.sys Timestamp: Sat May 12 06:27:12 2012 (4FADE6A0) CheckSum: 00022009 ImageSize: 00022000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Nvidia Video driver has been flagged again
    Please search for msconfig and open it.
    In the services tab, check 'Hide microsoft services'
    There might be a service called Nvidia Streaming Kernel Service or Nvidia Streamer Service.
    If you see this service, disable it, click apply, click ok and reboot if asked.
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm nvlddmkmstart end module name fffff800`af550000 fffff800`b0042000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Tue Aug 25 15:41:50 2015 (55DC709E) CheckSum: 00AB7BF3 ImageSize: 00AF2000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

11. I've disabled every single nvidia service in that panel one by one.
    There've been BSOD after each one...

The motioninjoy drivers are the only ones for PS3 remote on PC. I am loathe to give them up. It is loaded only when needed, and I know it causes a few bsods in certain situations, but it is always named in these.

Before, I have suspected it and unloaded the driver but the crashes still occour, as when i unload the graphics tablet.

I will try with all the nvidia services unloaded.

Thanks for all the help again*Smile

tehsaccade, Sep 5, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall the Nvidia drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller and install them again.

Please remove the motion device temporarily for testing purpose.

13. Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw

Some issues with the driver re-install, windows saying it was not verifiable.
    Was a bad download, as crc check fail.

Installed again now, mijxfilt.dll is renamed mijxfilt.dll.bak and doesn't appear in driver verifier (which is no longer running).
    Should I resume the verifier?

tehsaccade, Sep 5, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
  15. Hi,

happy monday.

I installed the nvidia drivers after cleaning them out, motioninjoy is unloaded - it was going well until just now :`(

Again with the page_fault...
    It was acting like it was fixed until now - for sure I thought it was the nvidia drivers. The GPU, CPU, Motherboard and RAM are all different - yet the blue screen remain. The HDD's are all testing fine after many tests...

Even clean installs of windows do not clear the errors. I do not get it. :/

tehsaccade, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw

1. Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw - Similar Threads - Unpredictable random BSODs

2. Windows BSOD Crashing Unpredictably

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD Crashing Unpredictably: Good dayMy PC is crashing unpredictably and increasing in frequency over the past few months. It happens more often when I play Dota 2 Legion TD Reborn arcade games.It crashes seldomly on low loads or idle but it still does, unpredictably.I get WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR as the...
  3. Windows BSOD Crashing Unpredictably

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD Crashing Unpredictably: Good dayMy PC is crashing unpredictably and increasing in frequency over the past few months. It happens more often when I play Dota 2 Legion TD Reborn arcade games.It crashes seldomly on low loads or idle but it still does, unpredictably.I get WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR as the...
  4. Unpredictable behavior

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unpredictable behavior: If, say, I open Documents in File Explorer, whenever the cursor is in the window, the files start scrolling down to the bottom of the list. It stopsif I move the cursor away from the window.If I open a spreadsheet, the columns begin to scroll out to columns like AXY. It's...
  5. BSOD Frustration

BSOD Frustration: So I built my own PC. I have done this several times without issue and I built this one back in April and it has been running fine until about a month ago. I had a memory stick go bad, so I troubleshot it and found that issue and then replaced the memory stick a week or two...
  6. Unpredictable BSODs and system instability possibly due to memory or motherboard

Unpredictable BSODs and system instability possibly due to memory or motherboard: Hello, I've been having some inconsistent problems with my PC. Since I live in university dorms and haven't gone around to bringing my PC with me, I mostly just use it on the weekends. I've built this system last year and the main weakpoints are the cheap 16GB 2400MHz...
  7. Unpredictable BSOD, Machine Check Exception

Unpredictable BSOD, Machine Check Exception: Hello tenforums users! I've been getting a lot of random BSODs since last week but I couldn't tell what was the issue. I've read about the error on the Internet and from what I understand from those, Machine Check Exception will occur to drivers issue, hardware issues (CPU or...
  8. Frustrated: ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Frustrated: ntoskrnl.exe BSOD: I have been getting BSOD's a lot recently, and I have installed only Windows 10 not too long ago. Bluescreenview seems to always say that there is a problem with ntoskrnl.exe, and I don't really know what to do. Please help. Attached are the zip files per the BSOD posting...
  9. BSOD Crashes - Randomly - Frustrating - I don't want to buy a new PC

BSOD Crashes - Randomly - Frustrating - I don't want to buy a new PC: Hi, I'm glad to have found a site like this. Anyways, my PC keeps crashing. I wanted to say it started back with Windows7 and I thought it would go away with Windows10, but it hasn't. PC randomly crashes, playing videos on youtube, surfing internet, brother doing...
  10. BSOD - I'm very frustrated

BSOD - I'm very frustrated: Good evening to you all, One week ago I "upgraded" my RAM to enable processing with Agisoft PhotoScan Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model BLS4KIT8G3D1609DS1S00 -...