Windows 10: Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw

Discus and support Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; You know, there have been very few BSOD's the past few days... There were a couple, then one yesterday, and none (touch wood) today. Perhaps it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tehsaccade, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw

You know, there have been very few BSOD's the past few days... There were a couple, then one yesterday, and none (touch wood) today.

Perhaps it was bad video drivers... I'll give it a week and see what happens.

Am archiving the minidumps in a zip for neatness - hopefully it is fixed, axe0 *Smile

tehsaccade, Sep 14, 2015

2. 3 or 4 today:

ntoskrnl.exe
    NTFS.sys
    dxgkrnl.sys
    nvlddmkm.sys

It is the same sad story of some memory error, closely followed by dx error, then finally nvidia says, "oh yeah, that was me again".

tehsaccade, Sep 15, 2015
  3. axe0 New Member
    Please use the tool again.

EDIT:

Unpredictable and random BSODs -  Frustration Factor: Chainsaw [​IMG]
    Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

4. Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw

Hello,

The furmark test ran for over 30 mins with no errors. The max temp was 66 and the fps was avg. 22.
    There was neither snow nor any kind of artefact apparent.

Yesterday, I re-seated and cleaned everything in machine. It did not improve anything. Windows reported that it had encountered an error and must restart, and then promptly blue-screened.

To be honest, axe0 - I am very fed up with the system not being reliable.
    It is a big joke about Pete and his BSOD's.
    I am sick of hearing about it.

I've not worked for over a month now - every day I am doing some test or reading more about computer crashes (between crashes) or leaving the system and waiting for it to crash, or playing a game to get it to crash. I'm forgetting how to work, and it is worrying - I've lost nearly 3,000 followers on instagram due to not producing any new work during this period of unreliability, and it is affecting my professional confidence.

I think it is much easier to deal with computer issues when they are not affecting you, and are an exercise in problem solving rather than an irritation.

I have had to turn down a job today as I am overloaded already and far behind other deadlines, and this is not good.
    Unfortunately, the jobs I have currently require that I use the computer to produce some music video also there is a deck of cards to draw, which will require many hours in illustrator and photoshop, after-effects and various media encoders.

This machine has had problems forever. Currently, they are not severe enough for me to be too scared to do much work for fear of losing it or the output becoming corrupted/torn/snowed/whatever.
    At the moment, I am starting to think that the problems will not be solved and that I must just live with them until I can afford to replace the system.

The computer problems are making me lose the will to get up in the morning. The machine does not crash anywhere near as frequently as it did before starting this thread, so I am giving up now.

Thank you very much for your help over the past few weeks, axe0 - it has helped curb the occourance of these BSOD's and also shed some light on what might be causing them, it has been invaluable in helping stabilise the system to the point where it is usable for extended periods; I am very grateful.

If you ever need a graphic artist for anything, I will be happy to consult with you and offer some time for free.

tehsaccade, Sep 16, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome tehsaccade,

If you would use the tool again and upload the zip file, I'll ask someone to take a look at the files.

Ofcourse, I'm still new with analysing and I think someone with a fresh look needs to check the files.

6. hello,

here is the zip file - the older dumps are in there also.

tehsaccade, Sep 16, 2015
  7. to summarise, here are the tests and steps we have performed so far:

Removed Mijxfilt.dll and dtlitescsibus.dll.
    Seatools
    Memtest+86, 8+ passes
    sfc
    chkdsk
    updated chipset and realtek lan drivers~
    Driver verifier
    stopped Nvidia services (restarted with new driver installs)
    Display driver uninstaller (4x now)
    Furmark

Everything checks out mostly normal.

If it wasn't for the auto-restore saved content on the forum - I would have given up making posts. The machine crashes quite often today.

I am going to take it out to the woods and shoot it. Maybe blow it up. I've been saving an old microwave unit for blowing something up but didn't have anything to blow up - the computer is becoming a prime candidate.

tehsaccade, Sep 16, 2015
  8. Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw

I've noticed that there are a couple of programmes that I use regularly that always seem to precede the crash sequences.

One is google chrome - lately this has been crashing often with "out of memory" tab error. A BSOD is not uncommon when using chrome to stream music or video from a place such as youtube.
    This made me think it was the network drivers, but it could equally be video or audio.

Teamspeak 3 is another that has BSODs after it is running.
    Sometimes, when the machine is doing the, "windows must restart in 1 min" - the audio service has stopped responding or has switched off.
    This made me think it was network drivers, but it could also be audio.

Photoshop sometimes will cause a BSOD when I am using the clipboard to copy large vector files from Illustrator, or if it is working with large file sizes and many tabs. Often this is non paged memory error, system service exception or an openGL crash.
    I think this is just a case of over-loading the machine through untidy working practice.

Games can kill the machine - especially when left idle for longer than a few minutes. Often an nvidia driver is mentioned in the BSOD. This happens with online or offline games, so less network issues than video and audio.

We've tried the nvidia video drivers over and over, and they keep breaking.
    I am wondering if it might be the audio side of the nvidia drivers that is the root pain in the neck.

Since, when the system encounters a fatal error and must close it in one minute, the audio service is stopping - might it be possible that the nvidia audio service is conflicting with the realtek or other drivers that deal with the motherboard's sound output (the only one I use...)..?

Today I will try the machine again, DDU and reinstall without any audio services if this is possible.

tehsaccade, Sep 17, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Yes it is possible that 2 audio drivers are conflicting with each other.
    You might have to disable 1 of them
    • Search sound and open it
    • Disable 1 of the 2.

10. I will do this when the computer will load windows :`(

It is bsod on startup with netbt.sys error.

ok, it is working - here is the zip.

While making the zip - the screen went black and then grey, with a "werfault, memory cannot be referenced" error - the machine was stuck.

There are 6 audio playback devices on this machine, four of which are nvidia ports, one realtek digital output and one speakers.
    All are disabled in sound panel, except speakers (default).

-edit-
    I went ahead and removed nvidia hd audio drivers altogether.

I must check the fs usb and jack and rear usb and jack connections on the motherboard and case.

tehsaccade, Sep 17, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please remove the software from Nvidia and uninstall google chrome.

Google Chrome has lately caused some crashes for several people.
    The latest crash is blaming a windows driver, but the Nvidia Streamer Service was active.

12. roger - it bsod'd just now opening it to reply to the email - nvidia.dll again.

All nvidia software and driver related stuff is removed other than the driver and physX software (clean installs after DDU).

Chrome is gone, but the prefs files remain.

Shall see - I will try to use the system normally for a while.

tehsaccade, Sep 17, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw

Good luck and keep us posted *Smile
    I have my fingers crossed

14. Forgot to mention that I also stopped all the intel services running at the same time as removing chrome and all the nvidia software.

Attachment 38289

There has not been a crash since doing any of this - so later I will re-enable the intel services to see if they break anything.

tehsaccade, Sep 18, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    I would keep it as it is if you don't have any BSOD.
    Don't forget to disable these services in the services (search services.msc).
    Whenever you have to do a clean boot and set everything back to normal, these services will be enabled again.

Thema:

Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw

1. Unpredictable and random BSODs - Frustration Factor: Chainsaw - Similar Threads - Unpredictable random BSODs

2. Windows BSOD Crashing Unpredictably

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD Crashing Unpredictably: Good dayMy PC is crashing unpredictably and increasing in frequency over the past few months. It happens more often when I play Dota 2 Legion TD Reborn arcade games.It crashes seldomly on low loads or idle but it still does, unpredictably.I get WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR as the...
  3. Windows BSOD Crashing Unpredictably

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD Crashing Unpredictably: Good dayMy PC is crashing unpredictably and increasing in frequency over the past few months. It happens more often when I play Dota 2 Legion TD Reborn arcade games.It crashes seldomly on low loads or idle but it still does, unpredictably.I get WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR as the...
  4. Unpredictable behavior

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unpredictable behavior: If, say, I open Documents in File Explorer, whenever the cursor is in the window, the files start scrolling down to the bottom of the list. It stopsif I move the cursor away from the window.If I open a spreadsheet, the columns begin to scroll out to columns like AXY. It's...
  5. BSOD Frustration

BSOD Frustration: So I built my own PC. I have done this several times without issue and I built this one back in April and it has been running fine until about a month ago. I had a memory stick go bad, so I troubleshot it and found that issue and then replaced the memory stick a week or two...
  6. Unpredictable BSODs and system instability possibly due to memory or motherboard

Unpredictable BSODs and system instability possibly due to memory or motherboard: Hello, I've been having some inconsistent problems with my PC. Since I live in university dorms and haven't gone around to bringing my PC with me, I mostly just use it on the weekends. I've built this system last year and the main weakpoints are the cheap 16GB 2400MHz...
  7. Unpredictable BSOD, Machine Check Exception

Unpredictable BSOD, Machine Check Exception: Hello tenforums users! I've been getting a lot of random BSODs since last week but I couldn't tell what was the issue. I've read about the error on the Internet and from what I understand from those, Machine Check Exception will occur to drivers issue, hardware issues (CPU or...
  8. Frustrated: ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Frustrated: ntoskrnl.exe BSOD: I have been getting BSOD's a lot recently, and I have installed only Windows 10 not too long ago. Bluescreenview seems to always say that there is a problem with ntoskrnl.exe, and I don't really know what to do. Please help. Attached are the zip files per the BSOD posting...
  9. BSOD Crashes - Randomly - Frustrating - I don't want to buy a new PC

BSOD Crashes - Randomly - Frustrating - I don't want to buy a new PC: Hi, I'm glad to have found a site like this. Anyways, my PC keeps crashing. I wanted to say it started back with Windows7 and I thought it would go away with Windows10, but it hasn't. PC randomly crashes, playing videos on youtube, surfing internet, brother doing...
  10. BSOD - I'm very frustrated

BSOD - I'm very frustrated: Good evening to you all, One week ago I "upgraded" my RAM to enable processing with Agisoft PhotoScan Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model BLS4KIT8G3D1609DS1S00 -...