Windows 10: Unprompted voice of 'David'

Discus and support Unprompted voice of 'David' in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just a short while ago, a laptop of ours announced, "Major computer" at around 5 in the morning. Sounded like the 'Microsoft David' voice. Why would it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MboTMkII, Aug 4, 2019.

1. MboTMkII Win User

Unprompted voice of 'David'

Just a short while ago, a laptop of ours announced, "Major computer" at around 5 in the morning. Sounded like the 'Microsoft David' voice. Why would it do that? Worried someone is doing something to our machines through wi-fi at the hotel?

Thanks for reading.

:)

MboTMkII, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

David Whitford

Hi David,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps:

• Click Start , click Run , type regedit , and then click OK .
    • Expand the following subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

• Right-click Winlogon , point to New , and then click DWORD Value .
    • To name the new entry, type GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then click Modify .
    • Under Base , click Decimal .
    • In the Value data box, type 60 , and then click OK .
    • Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
    • If the Group Policy startup script does not run, increase the value of the GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue registry entry.

Auto-Kill All Programs at Shutdown
    • Step 1: Go to “Start,” “Run,” and type regedit.
    • Step 2: Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    • Step 3: Find the Registry Key called AutoEndTasks and right-click then select Modify. Change the value to 1.
    Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Aug 4, 2019
  3. enrix Win User
    word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

Hello

I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I use text to speech on Word 2010 the voice is always that of MS Hazel desktop and I do not seem to be able to change it. Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

enrix, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Unprompted voice of 'David'

David Harris

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.
      • Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Unprompted voice of 'David'

1. Unprompted voice of 'David' - Similar Threads - Unprompted voice 'David'

2. Windows repeatedly restarts unprompted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows repeatedly restarts unprompted: I was using my laptop when suddenly it turned all black and unresponsive. I had to restart it. When I did, it started an update and got stuck at 7% with "stuck" I mean that the screen froze completely. I waited for more than three hours with no change at all, so I had to...
  3. david montero

in Windows 10 Gaming
    david montero: Buen díaTengo unaDell p57g002. Inspiron 13 7359 2-in-1 Deseo instalar Windows 7 para probar y solucionar lentitud actual, pero no me reconoce hdd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/david-montero/2bf1503e-3377-45be-b37e-c4997a7b62b4
  4. david montero

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    david montero: Buen díaTengo unaDell p57g002. Inspiron 13 7359 2-in-1 Deseo instalar Windows 7 para probar y solucionar lentitud actual, pero no me reconoce hdd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/david-montero/2bf1503e-3377-45be-b37e-c4997a7b62b4
  5. david montero

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. ATTN: FOR DAVID-M

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ATTN: FOR DAVID-M: Hello again, David-M;I posted this in "KB5026361 won't install" on Friday the 12th but, didn't get a reply so, I thought I would start a new thread."David-M;I am reaching out to you again as you patiently assisted me in getting this update to install.Let me explain the...
  7. ATTN: FOR DAVID-M

ATTN: FOR DAVID-M: Hello again, David-M;I posted this in "KB5026361 won't install" on Friday the 12th but, didn't get a reply so, I thought I would start a new thread."David-M;I am reaching out to you again as you patiently assisted me in getting this update to install.Let me explain the...
  8. Why can't I change the default voice in Windows 10 Pro from David?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change the default voice in Windows 10 Pro from David?: I changed the default voice to Zira in Time and Language>Speech>Voices>Microsoft Zira. I changed Ease of Access>Narrator>Microsoft Zira Desktop English.I restarted my PC several times. I double checked all the above settings each re-start. Still the default voice is Microsoft...
  9. Why can't I change the default voice in Windows 10 Pro from David?

Why can't I change the default voice in Windows 10 Pro from David?: I changed the default voice to Zira in Time and Language>Speech>Voices>Microsoft Zira. I changed Ease of Access>Narrator>Microsoft Zira Desktop English.I restarted my PC several times. I double checked all the above settings each re-start. Still the default voice is Microsoft...
  10. Random Unprompted Restarts/Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random Unprompted Restarts/Shutdowns: Hi there, I've been having some issues that I'm not sure come from a hardware or software problem. For a few months now, my PC either triggers an instant reboot or shutdown, while I'm gaming or watching movies. Today I managed to stop the restart because I had some...