Windows 10: Unreadable file issue

Discus and support Unreadable file issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day, Thank you for the great products and systems for customers. I am one of who enjoy Windows 10. However, I am currently having a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Juliana Gwon, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Unreadable file issue

Good day,

Thank you for the great products and systems for customers.

I am one of who enjoy Windows 10.

However, I am currently having a problem with this strange file that bothers me for a few days.

It is just a photo file and it says as below every time I try to delete this file which I am not quite able to move or delete.

Unreadable file issue feb75977-333e-42a9-95c1-143f2e74d5f6?upload=true.png

Could anyone help me with this?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Juliana

:)

Juliana Gwon, Dec 28, 2018

2. Notepad issue- English turned into gibberish/unreadable symbols

Step 2: Windows Update

• Once again update through Windows Update
    • Follow this steps:
      • Click on Windows Key
      • Click on Settings
      • Click on Update & Security
      • On left panel click on Windows Update
      • On right panel under Windows Update click on Check for Updates

Step 3: Scan your system

• Specially D Drive or Notepad folder or Perform Full Scan
      if possible
    • Scan your system by Windows Defender(Recommended) or antivirus program

Step 4: Unreadable to English

• Open that Notepad file
    • Select all Crtl +A(Its optional only in Notepad)
    • On menu-bar click on Format menu, then Font...
    • Font window will open
    • Make it as shown below:

• Unreadable file issue 57f7c6dc-c632-4226-ba78-2b10bd8d8277.png

Step 5: Please let us know

• Please let us know if the issue is Resolved or Not.
    • Please feel free to communicate if you have stuck

Roharashraj™, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Unreadable file issue

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Unreadable file issue

1. Unreadable file issue - Similar Threads - Unreadable file issue

2. File or Directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File or Directory is corrupted and unreadable: So the dog caught the cord on my surge protector and turned the computer off right as a file was being saved. now it says that the folder the file is in is not able to be read. I have run a chkdsk and had the following: Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 581 reparse...
  3. "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable": Hello, I wanted to make a folder that had additional folders in it as well as the main folder with emojis you might use in text messages in the beginning of the name. For example, if I named a folder "Info," there is an emoji on Get Emoji Symbols a ".com" website of a light...
  4. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004, build 19041.172 on a desktop machine with utilizing a single SSD for the boot drive and Storage Spaces for all of my files. The storage spaces pool is using six physical drives for a total of 30 TB 27.2 actually setup with Parity to...
  5. The File or directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The File or directory is corrupted and unreadable: Hi I turned on my Dell G5 today and every program that I wanted to open, show this error << the file and directory is corrupted and unreadable >> Both my c and d drive have this problem. And interesting thing is that all of programs will run when I right click and...
  6. Corrupted and unreadable files

Corrupted and unreadable files: Why are all my Microsort word and excel files corrupted and unreadable. This is not the first time it's happened - just want to know why and how to rectify the issue....
  7. file sector is unreadable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file sector is unreadable: I opened my laptop to discover the dreaded blue screen, tried several things like 'reset the pc' but that led nowhere. On running chkdsk, found many 'file record segment is unreadable' messages that ended with 'insufficient disk space to insert the index entry. failed to...
  8. unreadable files

unreadable files: after a accidentle format of my second internal drive.the recuverd files i get from :recuva:,,easeus and undelete the files are all unreadable or only got the letter y like this yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,,can someone help me please its driving me mad...
  9. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable: I have 4 of these errors, NTFS failed to mount the volume. Error: {Corrupt File} The file or directory %hs is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility. Volume GUID: {xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx} Volume Name: Guidance: The volume is recognized by...
  10. Files Unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Unreadable: Hello all, I was using 32 gb usb for my backups on my old computer that I no longer have. When I purchased a new computer and restored the backups to it, I discovered that 2/3 of my music files were not in ITunes and most of the documents were in an unreadable form ( more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. every time i open a document it is unreadable

2. windows phone update makes files unreadable