Windows 10: unreadable files after accidentle formatte

Discus and support unreadable files after accidentle formatte in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello i hope someone can help me,,i recently got a new computer and i was getting my old one ready for to pass on wiping my hardrives and such,i got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cherpyjaws, Jun 25, 2019.

1. unreadable files after accidentle formatte

hello i hope someone can help me,,i recently got a new computer and i was getting my old one ready for to pass on wiping my hardrives and such,i got a disk for windows 10 pro from ebay and with it came a disk called nuke and boot,a sanitizer,iv used them before but never heard of this one.anyway i used it to wipe my c drive ,it took 12 hrs,after it had finished i realised it had also done my b drive,a second hardrive that i had put everything on i wanted to save..im gutted.35 gig of files and photos..so i bought some file recovery programe and i used the best of the free ones too.it has found all my files and for the main part i have got all (as far as i can see) my photos and vidios.music,there all fine,but any text files are corupt all of them just have the letter y like this ,,,yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,and no matter what i do i carnt seem to unravle them is it the code needs changing or have i lost these files forever..really there are two files that i really would like back as they are very personel.is there anything i can do?,,any help will be great....thankyou very much..ohhh and never use nuke and boot,,john

:)

cherpyjaws, Jun 25, 2019

2. unreadable files

after a accidentle format of my second internal drive.the recuverd files i get from :recuva:,,easeus and undelete the files are all unreadable or only got the letter y like this yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,,can someone help me please
    its driving me mad

cherpyjaws, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Kathrynzn Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app: many of my unread emails are not appearing when "Unread" option is chosen

Have been using Windows 10 Mail app on my PC for some time. Suddenly this afternoon I noticed that only 4 of my 20 unread emails appear when I choose the "Unread" option. Why are the other 16 not listed anymore?

I checked the 16 missing emails and they are all still marked as "unread" so why are they not appearing when I choose the "Unread" filter?

Have tried troubleshooting and fixes supplied by Microsoft but the problem remains.

Is this something that others are experiencing? Any suggestions?

Kathrynzn, Jun 25, 2019
  4. unreadable files after accidentle formatte

email display of unread messages

Hi,

There's a possibility that your unread emails could be saved in one of the subfolders in your inbox. For us to isolate this problem, we suggest checking and expanding all subfolders in your inbox and see if there are unread messages. If there are no unread
    messages, then Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps to help us determine and address the problem.

In case the problem persists, we suggest that you refresh your email notification by turning off/on the email notifications in Windows 10 Mail app. Here's how:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Click the Settings icon at the bottom of the page, then select
      Options.
    • In the top drop-down menu, select the email account where unread messages show up and scroll down to the Notifications settings.
    • Turn off/on the Notification.
    • Close the Windows 10 Mail app, then relaunch it.

Let us know how it goes so we can further look into the issue.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

unreadable files after accidentle formatte

1. unreadable files after accidentle formatte - Similar Threads - unreadable files accidentle

2. File or Directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File or Directory is corrupted and unreadable: So the dog caught the cord on my surge protector and turned the computer off right as a file was being saved. now it says that the folder the file is in is not able to be read. I have run a chkdsk and had the following: Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 581 reparse...
  3. unable to fix the date formatt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to fix the date formatt: Unable to fix the Date format. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-fix-the-date-formatt/da7dd3aa-3a78-4cd1-a52d-f5503347b554
  4. Soap XML Formatter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Soap XML Formatter: Can a soapxml have ids that are not sequential? For example, in below snippet, I have id = "ref-19" followed by id = "ref-21", is this acceptable? <SOAP-ENC:Array id="ref-19" SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:int[2]"> <item>0</item> <item>0</item> </SOAP-ENC:Array>...
  5. "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable": Hello, I wanted to make a folder that had additional folders in it as well as the main folder with emojis you might use in text messages in the beginning of the name. For example, if I named a folder "Info," there is an emoji on Get Emoji Symbols a ".com" website of a light...
  6. Corrupted and unreadable files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted and unreadable files: Why are all my Microsort word and excel files corrupted and unreadable. This is not the first time it's happened - just want to know why and how to rectify the issue....
  7. file sector is unreadable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file sector is unreadable: I opened my laptop to discover the dreaded blue screen, tried several things like 'reset the pc' but that led nowhere. On running chkdsk, found many 'file record segment is unreadable' messages that ended with 'insufficient disk space to insert the index entry. failed to...
  8. unreadable files

unreadable files: after a accidentle format of my second internal drive.the recuverd files i get from :recuva:,,easeus and undelete the files are all unreadable or only got the letter y like this yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,,can someone help me please its driving me mad...
  9. Unreadable file issue

Unreadable file issue: Good day, Thank you for the great products and systems for customers. I am one of who enjoy Windows 10. However, I am currently having a problem with this strange file that bothers me for a few days. It is just a photo file and it says as below every time I try to delete...
  10. Files Unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Unreadable: Hello all, I was using 32 gb usb for my backups on my old computer that I no longer have. When I purchased a new computer and restored the backups to it, I discovered that 2/3 of my music files were not in ITunes and most of the documents were in an unreadable form ( more...