Windows 10: Unreadable Photos

Discus and support Unreadable Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community! I ran into a bit of a problem and I have no idea how to handle this situation... I need your help please! Recently, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Troy T., Dec 28, 2018.

1. Troy T. Win User

Unreadable Photos

Hello Microsoft Community! I ran into a bit of a problem and I have no idea how to handle this situation... I need your help please!

Recently, I tried to move my pictures from file explorer to the photos app so that they would just be in one location rather than dispersed throughout different folders on my computer.

I created new folders within the Photos app and moved my exiting pictures from File Explorer.

Now it won't let me open the pictures that I moved from File Explorer to the photos app.

Every time I click on the Photo folder it says,"No readable photos, videos, or folders found."

I need to get these pictures back they are very important... Please help!

:)

Troy T., Dec 28, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Unreadable Photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Kathrynzn Win User

Unreadable Photos

Windows 10 Mail app: many of my unread emails are not appearing when "Unread" option is chosen

Have been using Windows 10 Mail app on my PC for some time. Suddenly this afternoon I noticed that only 4 of my 20 unread emails appear when I choose the "Unread" option. Why are the other 16 not listed anymore?

I checked the 16 missing emails and they are all still marked as "unread" so why are they not appearing when I choose the "Unread" filter?

Have tried troubleshooting and fixes supplied by Microsoft but the problem remains.

Is this something that others are experiencing? Any suggestions?

Kathrynzn, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Unreadable Photos

1. Unreadable Photos - Similar Threads - Unreadable Photos

2. Outlook after swith to Windows 11 unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook after swith to Windows 11 unreadable: I got a new laptop with Windows 11 Home. The text size in outlook is not so small I cant read it. Whether I change scale on Display or font's in view settings I cannot get the look I had in windows 10.Font in view settings is set to 10Scale is 125slider in outlook is 100If I...
  3. Outlook after swith to Windows 11 unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook after swith to Windows 11 unreadable: I got a new laptop with Windows 11 Home. The text size in outlook is not so small I cant read it. Whether I change scale on Display or font's in view settings I cannot get the look I had in windows 10.Font in view settings is set to 10Scale is 125slider in outlook is 100If I...
  4. If I double-click on photos it says the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable, but I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I double-click on photos it says the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable, but I...: I've done CHKDSK, did SFC, did the DISM tools, did a clean boot, same result. CHKDSK finds no problems after doing those other steps, SFC says it found corrupt files and successfully repaired them, but the problem persists. I'm confused as to what I should try next. I do NOT...
  5. If I double-click on photos it says the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable, but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I double-click on photos it says the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable, but I...: I've done CHKDSK, did SFC, did the DISM tools, did a clean boot, same result. CHKDSK finds no problems after doing those other steps, SFC says it found corrupt files and successfully repaired them, but the problem persists. I'm confused as to what I should try next. I do NOT...
  6. If I double-click on photos it says the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable, but I...

7. Error 'unreadable' sound in Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 'unreadable' sound in Photos: Hi, I am trying to add sound to a clip I am making in Microsoft's app 'Photos. The sound files are in .wav-format and I can play then with 'Groove Music'. However, when I add them to my clip, I receive an error message saying the files have 'unreadable properties'. How can I...
  8. Error 'unreadable' sound in Photos

Error 'unreadable' sound in Photos: Hi, I am trying to add sound to a clip I am making in Microsoft's app 'Photos. The sound files are in .wav-format and I can play then with 'Groove Music'. However, when I add them to my clip, I receive an error message saying the files have 'unreadable properties'. How can I...
  9. Long unreadable names given to shared photos by

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long unreadable names given to shared photos by: When I try to share a photo by emailing it, I find that my photo for example 53503.jpg has been changes to 2020-03-08-007 in my Photos folder. This is only since I have being using OneDrive. I cannot understand why. Some of the photos have been given a new name with as many...
  10. last windows update has made my backup harddrive unreadable and photos wont import

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    last windows update has made my backup harddrive unreadable and photos wont import: last windows update has made my backup harddrive unreadable and photos wont import https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-windows-update-has-made-my-backup-harddrive/d0508d5b-9322-4cf9-8c8e-016c0a3ed0e4