Windows 10: Unreal Engine games freeze entire PC and requires hard restart, speculating that it’s a...

Discus and support Unreal Engine games freeze entire PC and requires hard restart, speculating that it’s a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Unreal games i’ve tested include Rising Storm 2, Killing Floor 2, Fortnite, Outerworlds, etc. cause my PC to stop sending signal to my monitor makes my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChiliCheeseFrito, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Unreal Engine games freeze entire PC and requires hard restart, speculating that it’s a...

Unreal games i’ve tested include Rising Storm 2, Killing Floor 2, Fortnite, Outerworlds, etc. cause my PC to stop sending signal to my monitor makes my fans go crazy.

I thought the problem may be overheating, but I actively measure my temps while playing games and everything seems pretty average. CPU at 40 degrees, GPU 40-60, MOBO 30-35 on average.

I’d also say it was a overheating issue but i’m able to run games like GTA V, Dayz, DOOM, Dying light, Minecraft with heavy shaders, etc. with little to no issues. Further making it an Unreal engine problem.

I recently upgraded my MOBO and CPU so it’s neither of those. No artifacting so it’s probably my GPU.

I’ve had this problem for almost a year now and I remember sometime between now and then I did a clean wipe of my PC and the problem stopped for a while, but eventually came back.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type​
    Item​
    Price
    CPU
    $169.99 @ Amazon
    Motherboard
    $121.99 @ Amazon
    Memory
    Purchased For $70.00
    Storage
    Purchased For $50.00
    Video Card
    Purchased For $251.00
    Case
    Purchased For $25.00
    Power Supply
    Purchased For $36.00
    Wireless Network Adapter
    Purchased For $35.00
    Monitor
    Purchased For $120.00
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total
    $878.98
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-05 21:03 EST-0500​
    submitted by /u/ChiliCheeseFrito
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChiliCheeseFrito, Nov 6, 2019

2. Unreal Engine launcher bug

When i go to open the “Epic Games Launcher” to open unreal engine 4 it just says its loading and then doesn’t open

could someone help

here’s a video i made about this:

TastelessCone16, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Help needed with Unreal Engine games stuttering on my rig

It seems that on my rig I have a stuttering issue with some Unreal engine based games. Some of them just seem to stream really badly whereas others are flawless, it's really hit and miss. Most notably and recently the problem games have been "Bulletstorm & Alice: Madness Returns".

Here's a full list of the games which stutter on my rig using the Unreal Engine

Alice : Madness Returns
    Bulletstorm
    Blacksite - Area 51
    Wolverine

Games which use the unreal engine and play fine without any issues (on my rig) -

Bioshock 1 & 2
    Batman AA
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Borderlands
    Gears Of War
    BIA - Hell's Highway
    Mass Effect
    Singularity
    Mirror's Edge
    Medal Of Honor Airborne
    Rainbow Six 1 & 2

I'm looking for any major things I can do to optimise the engine to work better with my current setup. I will update the first post with your suggestions so it can also help others in the future.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

LifeOnMars, Nov 6, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Unreal Engine games freeze entire PC and requires hard restart, speculating that it’s a...

Unreal Tournament 3 PC System Requirements

Developer Epic Games and publisher Midway have issued a set of minimum and recommended system specs for the PC version of Unreal Tournament 3.

Unreal Engine games freeze entire PC and requires hard restart, speculating that it’s a... image-o-matic_thm.jpg

Minimum System Requirements
    • Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
    • 2.0+ GHz Single Core Processor
    • 512MB of System RAM
    • NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
    • 8GB of Free Hard Drive Space
    Recommended System Requirements
    • 2.4+ GHz Dual Core Processor
    • 1GB of System RAM
    • NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card
    • 8GB of Free Hard Drive Space
    Source: Shacknews

malware, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Unreal Engine games freeze entire PC and requires hard restart, speculating that it’s a...

1. Unreal Engine games freeze entire PC and requires hard restart, speculating that it’s a... - Similar Threads - Unreal Engine games

2. Unreal Engine Crashing Game - Win64_Shipping, kernel32, ntdll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unreal Engine Crashing Game - Win64_Shipping, kernel32, ntdll: I am getting this error for a game I'm trying to play. Game entirely crashes out and I'm not sure why. I just did a windows reinstall, disabled XMP, reinstalled nvidia graphics drivers, passed memtest86, etc. Any ideas?LowLevelFatalError...
  3. Unreal Engine crashes when launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unreal Engine crashes when launching games: Unreal Engine crashes when launching gamesHey, I hope to get some help in answering some problems I am facing. Namely, when launching any game on unreal engine the game starts to stutter a lot and practically after a few seconds it stops working and displays me the error...
  4. Unreal Engine crashes when launching games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unreal Engine crashes when launching games: Unreal Engine crashes when launching gamesHey, I hope to get some help in answering some problems I am facing. Namely, when launching any game on unreal engine the game starts to stutter a lot and practically after a few seconds it stops working and displays me the error...
  5. Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.: So i got this system that in the beginning worked fine, but after a day or two its just started completely freezing. Sometimes when im downloading, sometimes when im just in my browser and sometimes when its just idle. It never freezes when im gaming so i thought this was...
  6. Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.

Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.: So i got this system that in the beginning worked fine, but after a day or two its just started completely freezing. Sometimes when im downloading, sometimes when im just in my browser and sometimes when its just idle. It never freezes when im gaming so i thought this was...
  7. Pc randomly freezes requiring a hard restart, but never while im gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unreal Engine 4 games not working on my Windows PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unreal Engine 4 games not working on my Windows PC.: I have been experiencing problems with games built with Unreal Engine 4 across many different titles Hell Let Loose, Post Scriptum, and today Star Wars Jedi Survivor When I attempt to launch these games I just get a black screen. In the task Manager on my Windows PC it says...
  9. Unreal Engine 4 games not working on my Windows PC.

Unreal Engine 4 games not working on my Windows PC.: I have been experiencing problems with games built with Unreal Engine 4 across many different titles Hell Let Loose, Post Scriptum, and today Star Wars Jedi Survivor When I attempt to launch these games I just get a black screen. In the task Manager on my Windows PC it says...
  10. Unreal Engine 4 keeps crashing or freezing on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Unreal Engine 4 keeps crashing or freezing on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Unreal Engine 4 is one of the most popular games of the current day and age. However, it is not completely free from errors. Users are complaining that the game is crashing on their PCs and here we are with the solutions. So, if Unreal Engine 4 keeps crashing or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. playing any unreal 4 engine game crashes my pc

2. unreal windows freeze

3. unreal engine game restarts computer